The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ultimate1
Many have tried all the commercial products and found they simply do not do what they claim. They do not stop loss or grow new hair. I did a lot of research and this NATURAL treatment was the only one I found that truly works. It stops thinning & loss almost straight away and forces new growth. My hair has completely regrown on crown. Where receded at front regrowth is slower, but has grown a lot and though sparse at beginning, each month it becomes denser. Massage thoroughly with natural oils - olive oil is excellent - then brush vigorously using a brush with stiff short bristles so you really feel it stimulating scalp (90 /100 strokes or even more each day focusing on where loss is). Will unplug blocked hair ducts indicated by painful small spots like pimples and a cause of hair loss and It will grow faster, thicker and It will force the new growth. Brushing before you apply oil is equally OK. A little shedding and breakage may occur at first but quickly stops as hair gets anchored and stronger. Initially hairs will be weak looking and sparse. Don't be concerned if brushing uproots them as they will re-appear even stronger. It demands perseverance week in, week out to get the same results. I've found most do not persevere and so fail to get them. Genetics probably are a factor in hair loss. My immediate family members have severe loss. I believe this treatment saved me from the same fate. Try it you will be happy that you did!

This sounds like great advice, and suprisingly I have heard this before. Pos rep for you :smile:

Thank you!
just shave it
Ultimate1
Many have tried all the commercial products and found they simply do not do what they claim. They do not stop loss or grow new hair. I did a lot of research and this NATURAL treatment was the only one I found that truly works. It stops thinning & loss almost straight away and forces new growth. My hair has completely regrown on crown. Where receded at front regrowth is slower, but has grown a lot and though sparse at beginning, each month it becomes denser. Massage thoroughly with natural oils - olive oil is excellent - then brush vigorously using a brush with stiff short bristles so you really feel it stimulating scalp (90 /100 strokes or even more each day focusing on where loss is). Will unplug blocked hair ducts indicated by painful small spots like pimples and a cause of hair loss and It will grow faster, thicker and It will force the new growth. Brushing before you apply oil is equally OK. A little shedding and breakage may occur at first but quickly stops as hair gets anchored and stronger. Initially hairs will be weak looking and sparse. Don't be concerned if brushing uproots them as they will re-appear even stronger. It demands perseverance week in, week out to get the same results. I've found most do not persevere and so fail to get them. Genetics probably are a factor in hair loss. My immediate family members have severe loss. I believe this treatment saved me from the same fate. Try it you will be happy that you did!

Sounds legible, as I've heard of the use of natural oils but did not know whether this would really work, and so I have a few questions which I hope you would answer:

1. How long did it take you to regrow your hair to your satisfaction from the start of this 'natural' treatment.?

2. You mentioned massaging with natural oils. Do you advise massaging all over the head or just on the hair loss areas?

3. You mentioned for this natural treatment to work, there needs to be personal perseverance. I'm curious to know whether you really carried this treatment out daily? If so for how many minutes per day (if known)?
Well if its in the early stages then I suggest something like rogaine? I think its been proven to prevent hairloss so you wont lose more - I'm sure there are things you can do:yep:
My dad went fully bald at 22. I know that's not reassuring in the slightest, so sorry for that, but its clearly not that unusual. I don't know what to suggest but ...I hope it goes well :smile:
legaleye
This sounds like great advice, and suprisingly I have heard this before. Pos rep for you :smile:

Thank you!

You could also go with something, you know, tested?
Like minoxidil...
The multi-billion selling pfizer hair loss treatment...
Google "rogaine" :p:

Works in about 50-70% of people with male pattern baldness, takes a few months, doesn't require you to slather your head in olive oil and brush all the hair away (potentially causing skin/folicle damage anyway)

You're welcome.
Reply 26
My hair is thin, started when i was 15 ish, now 19 and its the same as when i was about 16. My mum has very thin hair for a woman, so i got it from her, like i did most of my other aspects (hands, eyes, nose, mouth all simular to my mums).
All i do is keep it pretty short, like never much longer than an inch or 2, and just lightly spray gel it down rather than lame spikes and stuff.
Reply 27
TShadow383
You could also go with something, you know, tested?
Like minoxidil...
The multi-billion selling pfizer hair loss treatment...
Google "rogaine" :p:

Works in about 50-70% of people with male pattern baldness, takes a few months, doesn't require you to slather your head in olive oil and brush all the hair away (potentially causing skin/folicle damage anyway)

You're welcome.

ermmmm....proof please? :p:
If you're starting to lose it then it will continue sadly, unless you try some radical hair growth product you probably wont see any additional hair growth or stoppage in hair loss. I think at this stage, you should consider a style that hides it. Not necessarily a comb over, maybe slick back your hair or try spiking it up :confused:

either that or shave it off, girls like shaved hair :yep: seriously they do I had two compliment me for having such a cool cut :yep:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
ChaoticSkills
If you're starting to lose it then it will continue sadly, unless you try some radical hair growth product you probably wont see any additional hair growth or stoppage in hair loss. I think at this stage, you should consider a style that hides it. Not necessarily a comb over, maybe slick back your hair or try spiking it up :confused:

either that or shave it off, girls like shaved hair :yep: seriously they do I had two compliment me for having such a cool cut :yep:

My solution does work though, well it did for me....
Ultimate1
My solution does work though, well it did for me....

Half of my family are bald, a lot of them tried cures and none of them worked. It just prolonged the hair loss. But everybodies different so maybe it would work for the OP. Im just speaking out of personal experience :biggrin:
Reply 31
ChaoticSkills
Half of my family are bald, a lot of them tried cures and none of them worked. It just prolonged the hair loss. But everybodies different so maybe it would work for the OP. Im just speaking out of personal experience :biggrin:

Well at least it prolonged the hair loss if anything. Especially at the age of 19, you dont wanna be bald in 3-4 years time so prolonging it is some positive hope (If slightly a false sense of security)
Ultimate1
Well at least it prolonged the hair loss if anything. Especially at the age of 19, you dont wanna be bald in 3-4 years time so prolonging it is some positive hope (If slightly a false sense of security)

Yeah that's true I guess, most of my family members don't seem too bummed out about it I suppose. Most of them have accepted baldness, hope I don't go down the same path :mad:
Reply 33
ChaoticSkills
Yeah that's true I guess, most of my family members don't seem too bummed out about it I suppose. Most of them have accepted baldness, hope I don't go down the same path :mad:

If it does come to that path (God forbid as I know how emotionally hair loss can destroy you :frown: ) use my method :wink: . For me the hair loss stopped in 4 days :wink: .
Reply 34
Anonymous
Sounds legible, as I've heard of the use of natural oils but did not know whether this would really work, and so I have a few questions which I hope you would answer:

1. How long did it take you to regrow your hair to your satisfaction from the start of this 'natural' treatment.?

2. You mentioned massaging with natural oils. Do you advise massaging all over the head or just on the hair loss areas?

3. You mentioned for this natural treatment to work, there needs to be personal perseverance. I'm curious to know whether you really carried this treatment out daily? If so for how many minutes per day (if known)?

1). I've only just recently started the treatment (2 weeks ago) but the weak looking and sparse hair have grown :woo:

2).Massage all over the SCALP but when combing, focus more on where the major hair loss is.

3). I am still carrying it out everyday and have seen amazing results. My hair loss stopped almost immediately (3-4 days ) and I have been doing it daily now. Fingers crossed my hair continues to grow :o:
Reply 35
legaleye
Any other guys suffering from this? I'm only 19 and started to lose hair, obviously makes you feel like a bit of a s***. Does anyone know cures or ways to prevent further hair loss?

Thanks guys :smile:

Yeh its totally normal mate.

The best thing you can do is eat the right foods to give your hair as much potential to grow.

Firstly make sure your eating lots of protein, eggs, fish, chicken.
Carrots are good as they have vitamin A...erm make sure you eat dark lefy vegetables as they have iron in, so do raisens i think?
Vitamin E is important, you can find that in olive oil and avocados.
On top of that keep active, excercise alot, use conditioner on your hair, dont shampoo it too frequently.

I hope this helps, as I know the frustration when you hair starts to thin.
Reply 36
Tbh OP, the more you think and stress over it the more it will fall out...
Dude, hair loss happens. I'm 22 and almost completely bald. The best thing you can do is NOT make an issue of it. Just get a short hair cut (like a number 2 all over), and enjoy your new look :smile:
Ultimate1
1). I've only just recently started the treatment (2 weeks ago) but the weak looking and sparse hair have grown :woo:

2).Massage all over the SCALP but when combing, focus more on where the major hair loss is.

3). I am still carrying it out everyday and have seen amazing results. My hair loss stopped almost immediately (3-4 days ) and I have been doing it daily now. Fingers crossed my hair continues to grow :o:

Thanks for the response! I'll probably make a start on this technique soon. Fingers crossed and all the best for you dude :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous

Hey mate, have you tried these solutions? I have started receding at 24, cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending