my mate here says get laid!!!

i say get another one!! :biggrin:

p.s we're drunk!
r_raghav11

p.s we're drunk!

Yeah ok tried that...
I dont think there are any easy answers here, it just takes time (probably quite a long time) or for you to fall in love with somebody else...
Chocolate.Bridget Jones movies.Cry.

Repeat as required.

Et voila.
Reply 5
Do what all girls do, get together one night and write a poem called all men are ****. Then viola, your over him. No attachment, no more feelings, nothing... you can just move on and never look back.

I loathe all girls.

:wink:
Reply 6
sadly it takes time. though i'm a big fan of the 'moving on' idea. if you're not ready for another relationship then just enjoy being single again and going out, meeting and pulling guys :biggrin:
Reply 7
r_raghav11

p.s we're drunk!
We'd never have guessed :wink:

As for actually answering the question: As tragic as it is, time is really the only surefire healer...how long is a completely unknown value, but it'll happen eventually. Just pray for your own sake that you're not as bad as me. With the first girl I asked out (I didn't even go out with her - this was purely on how she chose to reject me, the evil cow) it took me 3 months to get over her, and it took me 3 YEARS to build up the confidence/strength/whatever to ask someone else out (yes, 3 years - that's how much she scarred me...if I was to see her tomorrow, I'd probably have homocide on my mind - it was 5 years ago and I still haven't forgiven her for what she did). Second girl - same result, but she wasn't quite as harsh. Two weeks to get over her, and 10 months before I asked someone else out...third girl - same result, but she was nice and friendly with her rejection (which made a change). Been over a year now and I'm still not over her; hell, I asked her out again last week (and still no luck...damn it)...yeah, it's times like this that I think I'm going to be growing old and alone. Either that or kill myself while I'm young and single...one or the other.
Reply 8
Dalimyr- thats a pretty bad story. Maybe the problem is that you let your lack of confidence manifest itself on the surface. Don't bother re-asking girls out if they reject you.
My advice is that you should just ask girls out that you don't really fancy, almost as practise. That way you won't care to much if your rejected. Eventually after this practise you will get the confidence you need to ask girls you really like out and be successful. It just takes time.
Reply 9
Cliché as it sounds, a change of scenery can do no end of good: once I've forgotten her, there's nothing left to pine for.
Reply 10
Profesh
Cliché as it sounds, a change of scenery can do no end of good: once I've forgotten her, there's nothing left to pine for.

Someone has obviously been reading "the little book of calm"....
Reply 11
bikerx23
Someone has obviously been reading "the little book of calm"....

Not too far off: I just recently collected a rather substantial royalty cheque.
Reply 12
Dalimyr- thats a pretty bad story. Maybe the problem is that you let your lack of confidence manifest itself on the surface. Don't bother re-asking girls out if they reject you.
Meh, I'm actually a lot more confident when I'm around that third girl. In many situations I have no confidence, but for some reason I have no problem doing things when she's around...anyway, the only reason I asked her out a second time was because she had a boyfriend the first time (whom I didn't know about at the time) and she didn't the second time. There was still a year's difference between the two times, anyway (and she forgot about the first time...I think). I wouldn't have tried her a second time otherwise.

That way you won't care to much if your rejected
To be honest, I don't care too much if I'm rejected (due to my lack of confidence, I half-expect it). It's the way in which they reject me that hurts more than the fact of being rejected...the first girl (the one who has mentally scarred me for life), for instance, never told me herself that she didn't want to go out with me. Instead, she got two of her friends to do it for her. Trouble was that one friend lived two houses down the road from where I lived and the other lived four houses up the road from where I lived. That's right - she got two of my neighbours (and our mutual friends - two girls I'd known for 10 years by that time) to reject me for her. When I told you she was an evil cow, I wasn't kidding. I probably would have been perfectly fine if she'd just said it herself, but it was the way in which she did it that I took extreme offence to.
Reply 13
Time.

Theres nothing else you can do about it.. If you do stuff like watch movies, hang out with friends etc.. it'll take your mind off it for a while but after that, you'll still remember how much you miss him and be sad again. So what you gotta do is just cry and let it out, talk to someone.. no pain no gain. That way, eventually you'll get over him faster i reckon.
right what i and my friends do usualy is give yourself a month of 'healing' and in that time keep the curtains closed, watch as many chic flick movies as you can, eat chocolate and/or crisps and bore your mates with details of what happened. eventually when you feel up to it you'll be able to make a list of why he wasnt a good person/a wa**er lol it works every time, make sure you take some vit c tho you dont wanna end up with the flu
Reply 15
Jamm
no pain no gain.

I agree, it will hurt for a while, but time will heal the pain and you'll start to feel better. If you accept this is as bad as it gets, you can start to move up from rock bottom.
Reply 16
It will hurt. No easy way to get over it.
If I'm going to get over something though, I have to force myself quite violently. Instead of being upset about it, I force myself to be happy and think of other things. If anyone asks how I am, I'm feeling great. If you reinforce in your mind that you are fine enough times, eventually, you will be.
Reply 17
the main thing u need is TIME! and plenty of good mates to take your mind of him
Reply 18
Honestly right, im in a similar situation trying to get over someone so yeah.. it sucks.

:shot: :rolleyes:
Reply 19
im in exactly the same position....my guy made me love him lyk crazy and my heart got broken 2, its killing me 2, i cant take it very wel.we go 2 the same school and are in most of the same lessons together so im finding it very hard. it just seems like hes moved on with his life. honestly sometimes when your mates tel u he isnt worth it and u should just get over him, it dont always work, as its much harder 2, theres no point trying to forget everything, just try to look at him in a new light, i know its hard and it wont happen overnight, but slowly ive been told that it will get better. just lyk u im hoping its sooner rather than later.

Latest

Trending

Trending