The Student Room Group

How to do well on scientific report assignments masters

I was wondering if there was anywhere I can find examples of well written reports by students to get an idea of how to write as my writing style loses me makes and I can't afford to do badly again in other assignments. Or if anyone had any good tips on how to write well and score over 60%
Original post by Fell runner
I was wondering if there was anywhere I can find examples of well written reports by students to get an idea of how to write as my writing style loses me makes and I can't afford to do badly again in other assignments. Or if anyone had any good tips on how to write well and score over 60%

Hi,

This will depend on your specific course/assignments but hopefully I can offer some insight as someone who’s both written and marked some reports! I think one of the main things that often distinguishes a 60 and a 70 is critical analysis. Ensure to consider both the potential practical and theoretical implications of the research you’ve conducted. How does this research fit in the current field? Does it build upon other research/offer a conflicting view? How could the research be applied to real-life scenarios?

You can also include critical analysis in your introduction and discussion, by demonstrating a really good understanding of the field of research, as well as where your research fits within this. Consider strengths, limitations, alternative explanations and real-world applications of the pre-existing studies.

Other than this, it’s important to ensure accuracy throughout, especially in your methods and analysis.

Hope this helps!!
Natalie
University of Kent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending