The Student Room Group

i hate the way i look!

to the point that its really depressing me, I am a girl I don't take pictures and I find it hard to look in a mirror. I have low eye brows which I have to raise constantly to make me look 'happier' otherwise I get told to smile constantly which narks me off because its not my fault its my stupid low eyebrows fault. i also have a stupid square jaw, which I try to cover with my hair but it don’t cover it. I was plastic surgery so bad but can't afford it. I feel like I look like a man with these low eyebrows and square jaw. anyone else feel the same? I also feel un attracted to the opposite sex I am 21 and have never had a bf, I just don’t like life ATM due to my appearance
Reply 1
i also have constant headakes due to listing my eyebrows
Reply 2
i mean lifting
Reply 3
I have a solution.

Constantly frown for one month to everyone you know; also become fat.
Then once the month is up, stop frowning and lose weight; everyone will be amazed at how happy you look and how slim and defined your jaw line now is, crowning you the next Miss Universe.
Reply 4
Just make the most of what you have, appearance wise I would find ways to make your eyebrows higher or your aw less square. Have you tried plucking? Maybe talk to a haidresser about a haircut which will make your jaw less square.
Don't think that you're the only one, loads of girls feel self-consious and that, and anyway, Beauty captures the eyes but Personality captures the heart :smile:
I hate the way you look too.
Reply 6
Let there be no confusion, you DO look like a man, whatever way you put it.
Reply 7
Pluck your eyebrows and create a shape which will make them look a bit higher. Get bangs, layers or your hair feathered, with hair framing your face that'll make your jaw appear more rounded. With a picture, it would be easier to give you advice.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
to the point that its really depressing me, I am a girl I don't take pictures and I find it hard to look in a mirror. I have low eye brows which I have to raise constantly to make me look 'happier' otherwise I get told to smile constantly which narks me off because its not my fault its my stupid low eyebrows fault. i also have a stupid square jaw, which I try to cover with my hair but it don’t cover it. I was plastic surgery so bad but can't afford it. I feel like I look like a man with these low eyebrows and square jaw. anyone else feel the same? I also feel un attracted to the opposite sex I am 21 and have never had a bf, I just don’t like life ATM due to my appearance

I'm a guy and I'm constantly told to smile more (quite an overstatement), which I do find irritating. Practise smiling to yourself without looking at yourself, then try doing it in the mirror maybe once a day. If your eyebrows are low maybe wax them a little to make them appear more raised; practise facial expressions.
there are sooo many things you can do before you even consider surgery!! try a new hair style, go get your eyebrows professionally waxed? i dont know what to do about the square jaw but its part of who you are so embrace it :smile: you need to learn to be comfortable with yourself before a boyfriend can!
Reply 10
It's all about hiding the flaws you have. For the square jaw, avoid hair that's shorter than shoulder length, otherwise itll accentuate the squareness and make you look masculine. Long straight hair is the best for this. Also, for low eyebrows, arch them, and pluck from the bottom up. If you have dark eyebrows, dye them, they'll look softer and more feminine. Keep switching things up and eventually you'll be happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending