The Student Room Group

How do I stop hating the way I look?

I'm a 16 year old girl and I hate the way I look. I hate everything about my appearance. I have no idea how to make myself look better. How do I stop hating everything about myself?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm a 16 year old girl and I hate the way I look. I hate everything about my appearance. I have no idea how to make myself look better. How do I stop hating everything about myself?

This is such a hard question to answer but I can tell you it gets better with age. I felt the way you feel now when I was 16 and to an extent I feel it now. But then I got into exercise, I started eating healthier and overall started valuing my body more. Obviously I have days I dislike a lot about myself but I try and counteract it with the things I do like. Plus you’re probably in school which is such a hard time because not only are you worried about yourself but you’re also worried what everyone else thinks of you. I promise it gets better x
Original post by Anonymous #1

Try to feel body neutrality about how you look, focus on what you can do and not what you look like. For example you could be grateful for your hearing and being able to listen to music.
If you exercise, make your goals related to how many push-ups you can do (or something else) and not how much weight you can lose. Try to pick out a feature that you do like on yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending