The Student Room Group

Starting from scratch

I lost my way at secondary school when everything went out the window following 4 years of suffering from M.E at the age of 14 (Yuppy flu to us olds on here). I failed to get any GCSE's or Alevels other than Art, English lit/lang GCSE and A level Art. Finally at 25 I talked my way into university and studied photography as a safe bet and something useful as I was working as a diver. Now 10 years later I am married to a very successful business woman who I have left London for and moved to Rutland in the East Midlands. Where lets face it there is not much media work.

I am looking at re training as a Teacher, ideally as a History teacher as this is a favourite area of mine. As I do not have any GCSE's or A levels in this area I may have a problem:redface:

Does anyone have any advice or information on GTP, QTS, PGCE and or crammer courses for A-levels and Maths GCSE? Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

I would truly love to have a job that I am proud of, and if any kids do come along in the future, I would love to have work that could allow me to spend time with them. Above all else, I would like not to have to rely on my wife to provide financially for everything any longer.

I await your responses with keen interest and boundless enthusiasm.

Thanks

A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending