Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I lost my way at secondary school when everything went out the window following 4 years of suffering from M.E at the age of 14 (Yuppy flu to us olds on here). I failed to get any GCSE's or Alevels other than Art, English lit/lang GCSE and A level Art. Finally at 25 I talked my way into university and studied photography as a safe bet and something useful as I was working as a diver. Now 10 years later I am married to a very successful business woman who I have left London for and moved to Rutland in the East Midlands. Where lets face it there is not much media work.

I am looking at re training as a Teacher, ideally as a History teacher as this is a favourite area of mine. As I do not have any GCSE's or A levels in this area I may have a problem

Does anyone have any advice or information on GTP, QTS, PGCE and or crammer courses for A-levels and Maths GCSE? Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

I would truly love to have a job that I am proud of, and if any kids do come along in the future, I would love to have work that could allow me to spend time with them. Above all else, I would like not to have to rely on my wife to provide financially for everything any longer.

I await your responses with keen interest and boundless enthusiasm.

What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.