The Student Room Group

Would you lie to a friend about their body?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Actually, my trousers are so low it doesn't necessarily hang over. In jeans etc it does though.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi.

Okay, so when I was about 15/16 I was happy with my body. I developed early so my boobs were the same size as they are now, and I had just developed full hips. I didn't have a belly and overall was pleased with my figure. It was then that I got a reputation among my friends for having a good figure.

I'm 18 now and have gained quite a lot of weight since then. I'm still a size 8, but my general shape has got a lot bigger (most noticably in the belly area.) It's something that I'm paranoid about, but anytime I ask my friends I'm told I'm being ridiculous and that I've always had a good body.

So, what I want to know is

A) Would you lie to your friend about their body? (Maybe they need to tone up a little?)
B) Is having quite a big belly a huge turn off? I am naturally curvy, but it comes with a price!
C) Is there anyway to tell by myself if I need to lose weight/tone up?

Ps. In before "Pics or GTFO." I'm anon for a reason.

It depends on the friend to be honest. I would not lie to them, I would just tell them what I think but not be too harsh. But I think my friends now how they are anyway and none of them ever asked whether they are fat or not, even though we do talk about weight.

C) How big is your belly? Is it sort of like Katy Perry or bigger? If it is like her, then you have nothing to worry about.
Reply 22
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
It depends on the friend to be honest. I would not lie to them, I would just tell them what I think but not be too harsh. But I think my friends now how they are anyway and none of them ever asked whether they are fat or not, even though we do talk about weight.

C) How big is your belly? Is it sort of like Katy Perry or bigger? If it is like her, then you have nothing to worry about.

I just posted pictures. (Page 2 in spoiler)
Reply 23
Hi.

Okay, so when I was about 15/16 I was happy with my body. I developed early so my boobs were the same size as they are now, and I had just developed full hips. I didn't have a belly and overall was pleased with my figure. It was then that I got a reputation among my friends for having a good figure.

I'm 18 now and have gained quite a lot of weight since then. I'm still a size 8, but my general shape has got a lot bigger (most noticably in the belly area.) It's something that I'm paranoid about, but anytime I ask my friends I'm told I'm being ridiculous and that I've always had a good body.

So, what I want to know is

A) Would you lie to your friend about their body? (Maybe they need to tone up a little?)
B) Is having quite a big belly a huge turn off? I am naturally curvy, but it comes with a price!
C) Is there anyway to tell by myself if I need to lose weight/tone up?

Ps. In before "Pics or GTFO." I'm anon for a reason.

A good friend does not disrespect you by lying.

Didn't realise that you posted pics, not particularly fussed as this was more a general question about what a good friend would do, but as an fyi the links don't work.
(edited 13 years ago)
I just posted pictures. (Page 2 in spoiler)

Oh, I can not see anything, just a blank space..
Reply 25
Pics (new links)

Spoiler

I decided to go braless to get a more honest picture of what my body is like... After taking them, I think the main issues are my belly (you can see the overhang) and my arms (they look massive!) How do I make my arms look smaller without them going all muscly?
Reply 26
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
Oh, I can not see anything, just a blank space..

Done
Reply 27
Pics (new links)

Spoiler

I decided to go braless to get a more honest picture of what my body is like... After taking them, I think the main issues are my belly (you can see the overhang) and my arms (they look massive!) How do I make my arms look smaller without them going all muscly?

I would not worry a bit!
Done

I would not woryry at all. That is not even fat at all. Nice figure. :smile:
Reply 29
you should prob stay anon or I think that our inbox is going to get quite full today :biggrin:
Reply 30
It makes me feel bad, but yes I would lie. I could never tell a friend that there fat and what's the point if they already know it and complain about it.
Reply 31
What a lovely figure =]
Reply 32
Original post by markrush
you should prob stay anon or I think that our inbox is going to get quite full today :biggrin:

Haha, thanks. I can't help being pranoid though :frown:
Reply 33
Haha, thanks. I can't help being pranoid though :frown:

It's human nature. We all envy other things without realising that we too are the object of the envy of others. If you want chat feel free to message, not going to hit on you.
Reply 34

:banghead: Your figure is fine, not fat one bit.
The overhang is called being normal and not a malnourished size 0. Whats wrong with your arms, looks good to me xD?

If you really want to loose weight, then as I said, make a routine which combines cardio and resistance trainnig and stick too it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending