The Student Room Group

2 rejections ! :|

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Casshern1456
I don't want rejections but I think it's inevitable I'll get 1 or 2:frown:. Do uni's know your going for resits if you put down your AS grades and have higher predicted grades. I dunno I wish I knew what admission officers were thinking.

yup unis know that u are resitting but they dont know ur previous grade its just written pending...so it doesnt really matter its ur predictions that count and all the other UCAS stuff..

yh im scared of rejections but im pretty sure il get rejected from UCL the rest im above the grade boundaries but u never know what they r thinking...
Reply 41
Don't fret! I got rejected by Cambridge then UCL the day after. It was horrible at first but you do eventually get over it. You'll get an offer soon...when I was wallowing in my misery UEA gave me an offer lol.
Chin up, and you'll get one soon :smile:
Err, way to go some people. The OP is upset about getting REJECTED. You coming here and writing "I never got rejected from any unis" is not useful and neither is it making the OP feel better. Feel happy but talk about bad timing..

Good luck OP as someone already said, 3rd time lucky :smile:
Reply 43
Their loss , screw them :smile:
Original post by cool_beans1993
yup unis know that u are resitting but they dont know ur previous grade its just written pending...so it doesnt really matter its ur predictions that count and all the other UCAS stuff..

yh im scared of rejections but im pretty sure il get rejected from UCL the rest im above the grade boundaries but u never know what they r thinking...

I had to put down my AS grades as they were cashed in. I hope they still think I can get the overall grade. I was told I got high predictions so fingerscross I get an offer.
Original post by UniquaLove
Thanks :smile::smile: Yeah I hope so to as well lol! What other uni's have you applied to

Lol I'm sure you will! :smile:

Other than Oxford [fail lol], I applied to Manchester, Reading, Royal Holloway and Chichester, all for either Ancient and modern History or straight History :smile:
Reply 46
should have written a better personal statement :smile:
Reply 47
Having 2 rejections isnt the end of the world, just keep your chin up and hope you get the other three, even if you don't you can still go for clearing on extra just keep positive! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by h82think
My sister last year applied to: KCL, Bristol, Glamorgan, Cardiff, Kent

Bristol- rejected
Glamorgan- conditional- insurance
Cardiff- rejected
Kent- rejected
KCL- conditional- got the grades and now goes there :smile:

Basically all is not lost :smile:

Ooo wooow! Yeahh just waiting for other uni's now :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by anjolao
Don't fret! I got rejected by Cambridge then UCL the day after. It was horrible at first but you do eventually get over it. You'll get an offer soon...when I was wallowing in my misery UEA gave me an offer lol.
Chin up, and you'll get one soon :smile:

Loving the success story lol! Yeah I'm waiting lol yeah I get what you mean I've pretty much got over it now I just want to know about the other uni's :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by amani-puresapphire
Err, way to go some people. The OP is upset about getting REJECTED. You coming here and writing "I never got rejected from any unis" is not useful and neither is it making the OP feel better. Feel happy but talk about bad timing..

Good luck OP as someone already said, 3rd time lucky :smile:

Yeah I know right ! :frown: now waiting on other uni's :smile: thankss good luck to you as well if you applying :smile: x
Reply 51
Original post by stef.strawbs.123
Lol I'm sure you will! :smile:

Other than Oxford [fail lol], I applied to Manchester, Reading, Royal Holloway and Chichester, all for either Ancient and modern History or straight History :smile:

Sounds good :smile: ! Goood luck!
try not to worry, there is nothing you can do now.
You still have 3 choices so don't worry :smile:

whats the neg rep for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Cinamon
should have written a better personal statement :smile:

I know! :mad: Im starting to think it could be my personal statement :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by Benammieh
Having 2 rejections isnt the end of the world, just keep your chin up and hope you get the other three, even if you don't you can still go for clearing on extra just keep positive! :smile:

Yeah I will do!! :smile: thanks :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by Bubbles0ox
try not to worry, there is nothing you can do now.
You still have 3 choices so don't worry :smile:

Yeah :smile: TSR has helped me get over it lol feelkind of silly for starting this thread lool! because I feel fine now :smile: thankss :smile: xx
Reply 56
Original post by Gemma2010
Their loss , screw them :smile:

I know right :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Casshern1456
I don't want rejections but I think it's inevitable I'll get 1 or 2:frown:. Do uni's know your going for resits if you put down your AS grades and have higher predicted grades. I dunno I wish I knew what admission officers were thinking.

I actually have no clue! I don't really know what my college done all they said was they have not cashed in our grades :s and that was the last we heard of our grades
I actually have no clue! I don't really know what my college done all they said was they have not cashed in our grades :s and that was the last we heard of our grades

My college automatically cashed in our AS's which I didn't like cause now I have to declare it, they never told us it would be like that.:s-smilie:

Yeah I know right ! :frown: now waiting on other uni's :smile: thankss good luck to you as well if you applying :smile: x

Thanks :smile: I've already had one rejection, for the stupidest reason too. It takes time but you get over it I suppose :s-smilie: I am saying this but I know the world will come crashing if I get rejected by my first choice.

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending