The Student Room Group

Anyone just taken the OCR Biology Central Concepts exam?

I just took this (also did Chains Rings and Spectroscopy yesterday which wasn't too bad) and found it SOOOOO hard! Anybody else just done it and found it painfully difficult??

I don't think we were even taught the Lac Operon stuff! I didn't have a bloody clue!! Argh! At least it's over now! Probably be re-taking in June, but I'll be optimistic and not think about it anymore! No more exams now until June! Hurrah!
Reply 1
There's a thread already about it in the academic discussion.
ThunderCat8
I just took this (also did Chains Rings and Spectroscopy yesterday which wasn't too bad) and found it SOOOOO hard! Anybody else just done it and found it painfully difficult??

I don't think we were even taught the Lac Operon stuff! I didn't have a bloody clue!! Argh! At least it's over now! Probably be re-taking in June, but I'll be optimistic and not think about it anymore! No more exams now until June! Hurrah!

There's another thread on this in the acadmic section! lol. It was very difficult. Guess what i didn't have a clue about the lac operon stuff either :mad: they might kill me for going on about anaerobic respiration, and not understanding the question on the glass beads...or give me low marks for mentioning at the bottom of my paper 'oh bugger why isn't there anything on genetics?'
Reply 3
My bad, didn't see the other thread!! Sorry!! :frown:

Wish there had been a question to do a dihybrid cross thingy, but there wasn't! Bastards!!

The maths question they gave us seemed far too easy, so in the last few minutes, i decided to take the result from the glass beads away from it, doing 2.0 - 0.2mm, but I don't think I should have now! Oops!
the maths question and the descibe what 'species' are - made my day, at least i could answer them. :smile: anyway i think i spent about ten minutes after the exam discussing it with people so better stop now, after all it's over! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending