The Student Room Group

My thighs are covered in spots?

So recently I've noticed I've got LOADS of spots on my legs and I'm a bit nervous. Kinda like rash. They don't hurt or anything and they're tiny, but they red (some of em have white tops) and everywhere. I thought it might be razor burn but they're on my thighs and I rarely shave there.

Should I be worried and go to the doctors or is this just one of those (gross) things? I'm slightly nervous to go to get checked out because I'm sure they'll want to search the rest of my body and they're see my self harming scars. Opinions would be appreciated, I'm self conscious about wearing skirts because of this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So recently I've noticed I've got LOADS of spots on my legs and I'm a bit nervous. Kinda like rash. They don't hurt or anything and they're tiny, but they red (some of em have white tops) and everywhere. I thought it might be razor burn but they're on my thighs and I rarely shave there.

Should I be worried and go to the doctors or is this just one of those (gross) things? I'm slightly nervous to go to get checked out because I'm sure they'll want to search the rest of my body and they're see my self harming scars. Opinions would be appreciated, I'm self conscious about wearing skirts because of this.

I think you are already worried as you wouldn't ask here if you werent.

So, yes go to the doctors. Is 100% the best thing to do.
Reply 2

This imo. It happens sometimes, especially to people with very very whitish skin. Do you have very very whitish skin?
They're just spots. It could just be that you're sensitive to something (new washing powder or fabric conditioner perhaps? Maybe soap?) or you could just be getting too hot and your legs are sweating. If they don't go away in a few months or so, then I'd say go to the doctors, but I wouldn't do it straight away tbh...
Reply 4
Same has happened to me for a couple of years. It's not really a big deal (i don't think)
Reply 5
Original post by norbury
I think you are already worried as you wouldn't ask here if you werent.

So, yes go to the doctors. Is 100% the best thing to do.

Looking at the posts below yours I'd feel like I was wasting their time.

Original post by ilyking
This imo. It happens sometimes, especially to people with very very whitish skin. Do you have very very whitish skin?

I am pale yes, but these are like bright red spots.

Original post by psychocustard
They're just spots. It could just be that you're sensitive to something (new washing powder or fabric conditioner perhaps? Maybe soap?) or you could just be getting too hot and your legs are sweating. If they don't go away in a few months or so, then I'd say go to the doctors, but I wouldn't do it straight away tbh...

I haven't changed any products but thanks. I was just having a scan around and I have a few on my chest and lower back. But cheers, I'll give it a few months.
Start washing then wench.
I haven't changed any products but thanks. I was just having a scan around and I have a few on my chest and lower back. But cheers, I'll give it a few months.

Ah it could just be hormones or something then. I wouldn't worry about it, I get it all the time :smile:

I would get checked out my little sister had little red spots all over her legs sorta like a rash but no white bits She finally got it checked out and it was a symptom of a serious illness not trying to scare you but it's better to be safe then sorry
I have those too, they've been there for years. I think it's just the way your skin is :shrug:
i have the same thing on my thighs i've had them for about 2 to 3 years and i went to the doctors and she said to exfoliate when i wash but it got worse and my legs felt really sore after.
do you have KP keratosis pilaris also known as chicken skin its sounds like to me its what you have they are bumpy horrible looking but not painful. nasty looking thing that doesnt go away.

go to your doctor and he/she will give you advice on what sort of cream to use. i would recommend eucerin with urea its good for skin conditions.

i recently found out last year i had this condition. it affects my upper arms. ive never been comfortable wearing sleeveless tops so i know what you are going through. i used to ask my mam as a little kid what was wrong with the skin on my arms and she would have a fit saying i never had it before yada yada. truth is she never noticed and i waited 20 years when i could have been using a cream on it. but you thighs are easier to cover up i mean unless you want to wear mirco tiny skirts lol

hope you get it sorted. my dermatologist said lots of people have it its very common. i havnt met anyone yet with it :frown: so im not impressed... i recently started suffering from eczema too and i get hayfever. i get everything in my family :frown:

http://www.helpforkp.com/
do you have KP keratosis pilaris also known as chicken skin its sounds like to me its what you have they are bumpy horrible looking but not painful. nasty looking thing that doesnt go away.

go to your doctor and he/she will give you advice on what sort of cream to use. i would recommend eucerin with urea its good for skin conditions.

i recently found out last year i had this condition. it affects my upper arms. ive never been comfortable wearing sleeveless tops so i know what you are going through. i used to ask my mam as a little kid what was wrong with the skin on my arms and she would have a fit saying i never had it before yada yada. truth is she never noticed and i waited 20 years when i could have been using a cream on it. but you thighs are easier to cover up i mean unless you want to wear mirco tiny skirts lol

hope you get it sorted. my dermatologist said lots of people have it its very common. i havnt met anyone yet with it :frown: so im not impressed... i recently started suffering from eczema too and i get hayfever. i get everything in my family :frown: also use plenty of moisturiser and cleanse/exfoilate gently

http://www.helpforkp.com/
Reply 13
i get these spots too, often then are caused by dry skin, if you have warm shower you will get dry skin, after you have shower put moisturizer or something oil based on the affected areas, you are likely to be left with some red marks where you had the spots but after a few weeks you shouldn't get any new spots :biggrin:
keratosis pilaris?

I find using a body butter or moisturizer with coconut oil in really really helps.

Also working out the affected areasupposedly helps too - so if its on your arms lift, if its on your legs/ butt do squats.
I cant judge the effectiveness of that though - too lazy!
hi, i realised i have had this sort of skin longer than I haven't, and it turns out mine is mainly caused by too much wheat yeast, and other sorta things like that. try going gluten free every once in a while, for mine it really helps.
Hope this helps!
posted by
anonymous

See a doctor. Appart from anything else you are clearly concerned and they will help you be less concerned.
They are actually unlikely to want to look anywhere else unless you have the issue elsewhere. Even if they do, they will most likely ignore your scars and certinally won't judge you for them.
I can't figure out what to do I have it on my face though and my sister has it everywhere
I don't no what is it but I have it on my face and my sister has it on her legs
Umm that's really rude.

Quick Reply

Latest