The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's Online application FAIL

**** me how **** is their online application site?

TWICE i've been lucky enough to find a vacancy, and BOTH times having sat the ****ing test, after clicking submit I get an error. An error I can only assume is due to a javascript fault (due to the weird symbols and signs etc)
Not only that, the site decides to forget my login whenever it feels like. Sometimes I log in, it works, and then after going through the application, it asks me to log in again, and then says I have an incorrect password, only to let me log in again, and then fail on me

FML for putting thought into that test

And yes, ive tried with 2 different browsers, chrome and IE
Reply 1
Original post by itsmyname
**** me how **** is their online application site?

TWICE i've been lucky enough to find a vacancy, and BOTH times having sat the ****ing test, after clicking submit I get an error. An error I can only assume is due to a javascript fault (due to the weird symbols and signs etc)
Not only that, the site decides to forget my login whenever it feels like. Sometimes I log in, it works, and then after going through the application, it asks me to log in again, and then says I have an incorrect password, only to let me log in again, and then fail on me

FML for putting thought into that test

And yes, ive tried with 2 different browsers, chrome and IE

Yeah, this is quite annoying, on any web form really though.

National Rail's session handling annoys me, telling me my session's expired after 10 mins of being away from the computer :/
It is a pain, for sure. I think I had to fill in my application three times, from scratch, before I actually managed to get it to accept it. :frown:
Reply 3
I tried for weeks, no joke and eventually just gave up!

Every time I was putting just my DETAILS in it would crash, and yes I tried safari, google chrome, firefox and IE for mac.. None of them got me anywhere. I even emailed them to complain and they were no help :/

It also kept making me change my password because it was always telling me it was incorrect!
I got an error when i pressed submit and it still submitted it so it might have gone through
It also didn't like my address, took about 10 times for it to accept it
i tried for weeks too F THEM!!
Reply 6
Saying that it must be working for some people, because when I go back the vacancy's page after a few minutes they aren't there anymore
Reply 7
Saying that it must be working for some people, because when I go back the vacancy's page after a few minutes they aren't there anymore

Sainsburys jobs are removed automatically from there website once 6 people press the submit button for whichever job it is. Out of the 6, 3 are called for an interview.
Reply 8
Original post by Trapped
Sainsburys jobs are removed automatically from there website once 6 people press the submit button for whichever job it is. Out of the 6, 3 are called for an interview.

lucky 6 people who manage to make it work :s:
Reply 9
Sometimes it won't even let me search for a job.
Ugh I wish they'd just fix it :/
It's crazy, right? I spent so long on the app form only for the next stage of it to get an error and to have to restart. It happened so many times... SO MANY >:I It took me 2 days to get it to actually submit the form!
..On the plus side I did end up getting a job there :smile: And lucky, too, because I was feeling a little on the murderous side after all the hassle :P
Original post by Stacemeister
It's crazy, right? I spent so long on the app form only for the next stage of it to get an error and to have to restart. It happened so many times... SO MANY >:I It took me 2 days to get it to actually submit the form!
..On the plus side I did end up getting a job there :smile: And lucky, too, because I was feeling a little on the murderous side after all the hassle :P

Can I ask out of interest, what browser did you use and was you computer a windows or mac? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Stacemeister

Lucky you. Usually after the error I go back to apply, but the vacancy's already disappeared
Original post by aleathiel
Can I ask out of interest, what browser did you use and was you computer a windows or mac? :smile:

Sure :smile: I use Firefox and it's good ol' Windows!

Lucky you. Usually after the error I go back to apply, but the vacancy's already disappeared

That's kinda odd; I'm pretty sure that once I got past the first stage of the application it saved it so you could return to it and continue filling it in. Like a sort of review of the overall progress you'd made on the application and a shortcut to the next section? Maybe I'm wrong...! :smile:
Reply 15
Keep trying!
It took me at least 6 full attempts taking about 3-4 hours to complete on application.
Google Chrome fails quite a lot, I find IE slightly more reliable
I had the same problem! After trying three times, my application was finally accepted on the fourth go.
Reply 17
I just applied for a job at Sainsbury's and had the same problems using Google Chrome. I installed Mozilla Firefox and it worked seamlessly, no errors at all! Might have just been luck but I just thought I'd let you guys on here know :smile: good luck... x

Latest

Trending

Trending