The Student Room Group

Anyone else finding it so hard to get a job at 16?

I finished my gcses a month ago and I’ve been looking and applying for a job on indeed ever since. Every job I apply for is entry level and hardly requires any training, but I’m still struggling to even be accepted for an interview.My CV is good but my work experience is where I’m lacking. I was thinking of physically handing in my cv to shops near me, or calling up shops near me rather than applying to jobs on indeed. Do any of you reccomend this?
If you try and hand your CV into the shops they will bin it.

Try applying to tesco, sainsburys, argos etc on their websites.
Original post by Smk16
I finished my gcses a month ago and I’ve been looking and applying for a job on indeed ever since. Every job I apply for is entry level and hardly requires any training, but I’m still struggling to even be accepted for an interview.My CV is good but my work experience is where I’m lacking. I was thinking of physically handing in my cv to shops near me, or calling up shops near me rather than applying to jobs on indeed. Do any of you reccomend this?

Search the supermarkets jobs online via their own website.
No supermarkets jobs require any experience as will be trained with them if successful.

Don't hand in CVS into places except for your local wee shops who'll perhaps looking for someone for part-time work. ( Newsagents and local cafés and hairdressers you can hand in CVS) but for retailing it's all done online nowadays unlike the days when you could walk in a shop and ask them and come out with a potential interview plus a application form to Hand back in before your interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending