The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

I want a specific hall

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrenLee
No such luck I'm afraid. Alumni requests must be immediate family.
Okay thanks anyway, but there are a few questions I need to ask the team regarding finance, personal and rather urgent. Do they have an email address?
(edited 13 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Have you looked on the Uni website? Contact details are pretty easy to find.

For accommodation it's [email protected]
Reply 22
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but do you know how the experiment with letting people chose halls has "failed", exactly?

hey, sorry if this has been answered but i went to nottingham a few weeks ago and they said its because last year people who knew each other all applied for the same accommodation. so for instance lots of people at the same college would apply for the same hall to all be together and the same with subject, so for instance people would track others via facebook, etc who were going to do the same subject as them as then apply to the same hall. apparently some halls got really clicky so they scrapped the system.
Original post by BethO'Dell
hey, sorry if this has been answered but i went to nottingham a few weeks ago and they said its because last year people who knew each other all applied for the same accommodation. so for instance lots of people at the same college would apply for the same hall to all be together and the same with subject, so for instance people would track others via facebook, etc who were going to do the same subject as them as then apply to the same hall. apparently some halls got really clicky so they scrapped the system.

I have genuinely no idea if that's true or not, I guess it depends on who told you. Certainly, Ancaster have a disproportionate number of Old Merchant Taylor's.
Reply 24
Original post by sking93
I have a specific hall that i would like to live in but you cant apply to individual halls through the website. but is there a way i could get around this by emailing or something?

Sorry, but no way. You can't 'get around' it 'by emailing or something'. So, don't even try it. If it was possible, it wouldn't set a fair standard of application for everyone. Unless you have special needs or anything.
Reply 25
Original post by muffingg
Sorry, but no way. You can't 'get around' it 'by emailing or something'. So, don't even try it. If it was possible, it wouldn't set a fair standard of application for everyone. Unless you have special needs or anything.

Wrong. My friend emailed and asked, and they said they would consider it.
Reply 26
Original post by Cermo
Wrong. My friend emailed and asked, and they said they would consider it.

I think they say that to everyone. It doesn't guarantee anything.
Reply 27
Original post by Wanischa

It's true, we do say that to everyone.

We will look at every request made but that doesn't necessarily mean we will be able to do anything with them.
Reply 28
Original post by Wanischa

I know it doesn't guarantee anything, and it's probably completely pointless, i was just pointing out the fact that it is a slight possibility whereas the previous poster said absolutely no.
Reply 29
Original post by veggie4life
Its to stop all the Rahs ending up in Cripps and HuStu

and in answer to the op.
We all want things we can't always get them. You'll live. Ending up in Flo Bo over Cripps wont be the end of you.

This is very true
Original post by BrenLee
It's nothing to do with 'Rahs' to my knowledge.

to your knowledge :wink:
Reply 31
I asked for cripps - we shall see!
Reply 32
I asked for cripps.....i got cripps :smile:
Yeah, but it's not so great when you're paying practically 6k for a room, having requested almost immediately, to be given a place in Cavendish which is miles away from my subject block.

I'm sure there must have been substantial reasons to remove the chance for people to request their living area for almost a year of their lives, but when there is such an evident difference in quality among the rooms for the same price you'd at least expect the people sorting out the accomodation to think 'hmmm, they're taking this subject, they applied on the day applications were opened, lets try and put them as close as possible to that subject block', not play pin the tail on the donkey. A friend of mine applied a full week later than me for the same thing, he's doing the same subject and he got given Hugh Stu.

Frustrating much?
Reply 34
Original post by revisionnightmare
Cavendish which is miles away from my subject block.

Miles away? Really? are you not studying on Uni Park then?
Reply 35
Original post by revisionnightmare
Yeah, but it's not so great when you're paying practically 6k for a room, having requested almost immediately, to be given a place in Cavendish which is miles away from my subject block.

I'm sure there must have been substantial reasons to remove the chance for people to request their living area for almost a year of their lives, but when there is such an evident difference in quality among the rooms for the same price you'd at least expect the people sorting out the accomodation to think 'hmmm, they're taking this subject, they applied on the day applications were opened, lets try and put them as close as possible to that subject block', not play pin the tail on the donkey. A friend of mine applied a full week later than me for the same thing, he's doing the same subject and he got given Hugh Stu.

Frustrating much?

I'm assuming you applied for an ensuite - the majority of ensuite rooms are at that end of the campus, so I don't know why you're surprised. They can't magic up more rooms for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending