The Student Room Group

UCAS Not sure what to do :(

Hi :smile:

I'd like some advice, i have offers from the two courses that i am interested in at 200 points each and i am unsure which one to take. Both are at the same university :smile:

English and Theatre Studies: I love this course because they mix together quite well however i would miss out on certain modules which i know i would really enjoy. However, i would love to do english as part of my degree. :frown: Sadly its not joint honours so i can't major/minor the subject.

Theatre and Professional Practice: Very great focus on the individual theatre practitioner and has really interesting modules. However, i would miss out on the opportunity to do english as part of my degree.

I'm finding A Level English quite difficult but i enjoy it alot and Theatre Studies comes naturally to me :frown:

Could i get some advice in relation to this please? :smile:

I'm not sure which course to go for, i've been told that if i sign up for the 'English and Theatre Studies' course i can, before the first production is over (in the first 5 weeks) i can change courses to the theatre course on its own, if i don't enjoy the english side as much as i would do.

Hope you guys can get back to me soon :smile:

John :smile:
Reply 1
I would try out the English one first - as you said, if you don't like it you can transfer onto the other course.
Reply 2
Maybe look at where the qualification would take you? Like what career oportunities there are afterwards perhaps. Also, if you can switch to the other course maybe try theatre and english studies first. Maybe the uni would give you details of people on each course at the moment so you can find out more about it? There might be people on here who would know too ^_^
Original post by johnathancolourfield

I'm not sure which course to go for, i've been told that if i sign up for the 'English and Theatre Studies' course i can, before the first production is over (in the first 5 weeks) i can change courses to the theatre course on its own, if i don't enjoy the english side as much as i would do.

There's your answer, isn't it? If you're indecisive, then go for the one that you can change if you're not enjoying it. :smile:

But also think about career prospects - what do you want to do in the future?
The English & Theatre Studies one will open up more doors for you because it's joint honours, so you could go into acting or into journalism, or something else English related. But with the theatre course, you'll get more indepth knowledge of the subject so maybe you'd have a better change of getting a job in theatre.

It's really up to you though, it's difficult for TSR members to tell you what suits you best, so you really need to go with your gut instinct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending