The Student Room Group

Combining two AS levels?

Long story short is it possible for some unis to accept an average of two AS levels as an equivalent to an A2? If so does anybody know of any unis who do this?

Thanks
Reply 1
Some will yes, they usually state it on their website if they do, and its usually to replace the 3rd A level. However they aren't top unis usually.
Reply 2
Original post by SunnyGrewal
Long story short is it possible for some unis to accept an average of two AS levels as an equivalent to an A2? If so does anybody know of any unis who do this?

Thanks

Some unis accept 2 AS's & 2 A2's e.g. BBcc. Of course Oxbridge wouldn't accept this, but I believe quite a few other good unis do. Its worth checking with them first. Kings accept 2 A2s & 3 AS's for pretty much all their courses, however for most they want from AAbbe to AAaab.
Reply 3
Do you know of any of the good ones? Cant find anything on sites. By the way thanks for the replies really helpful.

Do you know of any of the good ones? Cant find anything on sites. By the way thanks for the replies really helpful.

It will vary from faculty to faculty within universities, and also from applicant to applicant as it will also depend on your reasons for having say, 2 A levels and 2 AS rather than the normal 3. Contact the university departments you're interested in and explain your situation to them if you can't find it on their website.
Reply 5
Thanks contacted a few unis thing is im going in for this cycle just wanted to see what chances i have through clearing with these unis. I know you guys must be thinking WTF but thanks for the help
Reply 6
Thanks contacted a few unis thing is im going in for this cycle just wanted to see what chances i have through clearing with these unis. I know you guys must be thinking WTF but thanks for the help
Well I am rather!

Just to add - if you have an A level grade you can't ignore it. So let's say you're taking three subjects at A level after doing four AS levels. In your third A level subject you got A at AS level, but (you had a really bad day :tongue:) only managed a D overall for the A level. You would have to declare this; you couldn't add the A at AS level to the AS level you dropped and forget about the lower grade for the A level.

As an example, Lancaster accepts 2 AS levels for one A level for some of its courses. In general you just have to work your way through prospectuses. Remember though that while unis may say they accept this, it will put you at a disadvantage relative to other applicants offering three full A levels, so it's better to aim for this rather than not. If there are particular circumstances (eg illness, teaching disaster) to explain why you are offering two AS levels rather than a third A level, you need to ensure this is covered in your PS and your reference.
Reply 7
Ive already sent my ucas and verything truth is my school screwed me over and made me do an as over two years so im basically on 2 a2's nd 2 as's im looking to get AAab and have applied to pharmacy but think
Il be going through cleaing as i hold two offers which i cant meet as they require 3 a2 levels i was goon to do maths as declared on my ucas but cant now due to certain circumstances.
"school screwed me over" tends to not be accepted very well as an excuse.
Reply 9
I undersTand that so now im just weighing up my options

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending