The Student Room Group

Coming out story's

Scroll to see replies

I've never considered that my coming out would be 'cute' in any way; I haven't bothered to. My parents wouldn't get it and it's not that big a deal to me to even bother mentioning it to most people..
"I told my dad that I liked boys. He retorted: 'I like little girls..."
Original post by thewiseone

Meh I'm above this poor excuse for banter.

leave me alone, and don't every quote me again.

for the original trannie that I was talking to, visit www.godhatesfags.org.uk

Hey, homosexuals/bisexuals/asexuals etc are ok, cool - nothing up with them.

But transgenders are... gosh... :poo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Meh I'm above this poor excuse for banter.

leave me alone, and don't every quote me again.

for the original trannie that I was talking to, visit www.godhatesfags.org.uk

You do realise that godhatesfags.com was recently hacked after a DDOS attack don't you?
Reply 44
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£

I'm not offended by your view or anything, I'm just interested in why exactly you are so offended by someone else's body. There have been threads about trans* individuals on TSR before and there's always been one or two people who have been deeply offended by the idea of someone not being in the right body.

I don't think you understand what a trans* person actually is... it's not some sick fetish, it's being born with the wrong body. You can be a closed-minded bigot all you like, I'm just intrigued.
Reply 45

I know an asexual transwoman. How do you reconcile this? :awesome:
Reply 46
I came out to my parents first - well, my mum. I was fourteen, and I left a note in my trousers on the floor; my mum tidies up after me :biggrin:. Was weird when I came home trying to work out whether she had read it or not, trying to act normal; she was doing exactly the same thing. But she came up to my room that night and handed it over to me, and said what if your dad had seen that. She never said anything else about it until the next day: I guess until she'd had time to think about it. But she's been great: I think she actually prefers it.

She told my dad within a week. On the surface, you'd think he wasn't cool about it: he's only ever spoke to me about it once, and told me not to have a closed mind etc etc. Not that I'm complaining; I hate it when my mum brings it up! But he's come to terms with it really, from what my mum says. He even told her he'd take my to gay bars if I wanted; I did laugh. And we have actually become closer, so all is good.

I told a friend I'd known for literally an hour not long after this. She'd been going out with one of my best friends at the time, and they'd broken up. She was heartbroken, so I stayed with her when he walked away when she was crying to make sure she was ok. I just got the feeling I could trust her, so I told her. I wrote it in the ground with a stick, which I find funny now, but I couldn't say it then. Most people at school knew, but don't know for sure. I only really told close friends or people I knew from classes well enough, and I guess news always filters out eventually.

My parents told my brother before he started high school, just so that he'd be prepared for anything that would be said to him. He's fine with it, but our relationship has changed. We used to be more like brothers in the sense that we would argue, wind each up other up etc; but now we're very nicey nicey. But he's young, so I feel lucky he's at least able to be like that. People experience faaar worse.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jammyface
I'm not offended by your view or anything, I'm just interested in why exactly you are so offended by someone else's body. There have been threads about trans* individuals on TSR before and there's always been one or two people who have been deeply offended by the idea of someone not being in the right body.

I don't think you understand what a trans* person actually is... it's not some sick fetish, it's being born with the wrong body. You can be a closed-minded bigot all you like, I'm just intrigued.

Hey, I dunno if this is a silly question, but who is the guy in your sig he is hoooooooootttttt!

They are just really disgusting and weird - they are actually freaks and mutants - don't give me all of that "in the wrong body" nonsense - the chances are that they were mucked up when younger by family, media, television, popular music etc.

Wrong body! Ha! I would never want to be a female! It is like undoing nature - and we all know how that turns out - it is like attempting to halt excretion because you prefer non-excretion... anyways... :ninja:
It is like undoing nature - and we all know how that turns out - it is like attempting to halt excretion because you prefer non-excretion... anyways... :ninja:

not really, you don't HAVE to be a chick in order to live your every day life, you do have to shit in some form or another. but yeah, different strokes, just as long as you don't preach this kind of thing right in the faces of trans gendered people you can believe what you want.
Original post by nick__s

Original post by nick__s
not really, you don't HAVE to be a chick in order to live your every day life, you do have to shit in some form or another. but yeah, different strokes, just as long as you don't preach this kind of thing right in the faces of trans gendered people you can believe what you want.

I am not saying that they should not exist or that they should be "banned", but I am entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that they are "mucked up" and detestable and I can never see myself "accepting" them. There is nothing to accept in homosexuals or bisexuals - they are not detestable and "mucked up" - they merely have different sexual preferences to the "norm". But transgenders have whacked nature, birth, their parents and what it means to be humans right in the face - revolting.

(And male-to-females even have disgusting limpy erections - ugh! It shows that they are mucked up - the procedure does not even work well)
Original post by kerily

Original post by kerily
I know an asexual transwoman. How do you reconcile this? :awesome:

The "trans" bit cancels out (even blinds from view!) the asexual part - so utterly detestable still!
Reply 52
Original post by mehhh.....hi.
Hey, I dunno if this is a silly question, but who is the guy in your sig he is hoooooooootttttt!

Sonny Moore, also known as Skrillex :wink:
Reply 53
They are just really disgusting and weird - they are actually freaks and mutants - don't give me all of that "in the wrong body" nonsense - the chances are that they were mucked up when younger by family, media, television, popular music etc.

Wrong body! Ha! I would never want to be a female! It is like undoing nature - and we all know how that turns out - it is like attempting to halt excretion because you prefer non-excretion... anyways... :ninja:

What you feel isn't necessarily what other people feel, though - it's also not a matter of 'wanting' to be female or male, it's knowing you ARE female or male, or just simply knowing that your body is wrong. Some people know from a very young age (3-4) that they are trans, and I think that is far too young to understand the concept of being transgendered. Often it's little boys wearing girls clothes and trying to be as pretty as possible or saying that they are going to grow up to be girls despite being told that they're boys constantly. Some kids are just genuinely born with the wrong brain, and I am one of the tiny percentage of people who was. In my mind, having a sex change is about the same as having plastic surgery... isn't that altering nature, too?

You clearly don't know much about trans* people and gender identity disorder and I think you should do some research before coming to the conclusion that they're twisted for wanting this, but I respect your opinion regardless. I understand that trans* individuals have a long way to come before they are totally accepted in society, and that's fair enough :smile: Post-transition many individuals pass very well, if not flawlessly, as the gender they feel they are, so you may not even know that someone is trans* unless they told you, so they will be safe from your opinion anyway.
Reply 54
Came out to a friend while we were in the bathroom of a club. Was very drunk, cried all over her, but she was great about it and didn't tell anyone. Not even my best friend, who happens to also be her boyfriend. Came out to him a month later and he just asked me which girls I thought were hot ¬_¬

I don't get why everyone was so happy to feed the troll. He craves your attention, stop giving it to him.
Also that link he posted was a joke, not the real Westbroro' baptist church website. He's just joking around and being a dick, rather than an actual homophobe.
Original post by MissCheese
Came out to a friend while we were in the bathroom of a club. Was very drunk, cried all over her, but she was great about it and didn't tell anyone. Not even my best friend, who happens to also be her boyfriend. Came out to him a month later and he just asked me which girls I thought were hot ¬_¬

I don't get why everyone was so happy to feed the troll. He craves your attention, stop giving it to him.
Also that link he posted was a joke, not the real Westbroro' baptist church website. He's just joking around and being a dick, rather than an actual homophobe.

Actually that link was for the real WBC website. Their site has been hacked and has now been taken down.
I don't know why people are having a go for posting that link; surely God's entitled to register his distaste for smoking just as much as anyone else ( :ahee: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending