The Student Room Group

The maintenance grant?

I have gone through student finance (am going to uni next year) and have completed it so i have asked for maintenance loan and tuition loan but they had no info that i could see where it said anything about the grant.

So i am wondering when do you apply for it? Is it when you have sent off your evidence that they look at that and determine whether you get it?

also when do you apply for finance for accommodation and when are you told if you are eligible for bursaries from the uni.

**So to sum up:

How do i apply for Grant?
When do you need to/can you apply for accommodation loan?
And when does the uni tell you when they will look into whether you get a bursary or not?
Reply 1
They let you know if you are eligible for grants once you have sent off your evidence. If you are, chances are you can get a bursary from your uni too.
Original post by muzza798

**So to sum up:

How do i apply for Grant?
When do you need to/can you apply for accommodation loan?
And when does the uni tell you when they will look into whether you get a bursary or not?

SF will show you how much grant you are eligible for when you get your entitlement letter after they've processed your evidence.

There is no loan specifically for accommodation. Your maintenance loan and grant are supposed to go towards your living costs, but don't expect these to be enough to cover everything.

If you ticked the box on the SF application saying they can share your financial information with your university, when you get a firm unconditional offer from them they will tell you if you can get a bursary, and how much. Some university bursaries only need you to get certain grades however, so it depends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending