Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.92%
    NO!
    45.08%

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys predict what could come up? I will post a list of what I think maybe later.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Stuff on Digestion, i'm thinking the long answer questions at the end will be immunity related, such as going through the whole chain of events of what happens when a foreign antigen/pathogen is detected in the body.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicted that immunity will come up for one the longer questions. I'm still going to revise everything though just in case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    Definitely Stuff on Digestion, i'm thinking the long answer questions at the end will be immunity related, such as going through the whole chain of events of what happens when a foreign antigen/pathogen is detected in the body.
    I hope so! (those questions seem to be the only ones I get full marks in :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    I have a proper good feelings something about phagocytosis or t/b cell immunity will come up as a long Q. I think the other long Q might be something on how the valves (semilunar and atrioventricular valves work) because theres quite a lot to talk about for it. But yeah let me know what you thinks going to come up

ReputationRep:
    can someone please help me with Jan 11 Q1 d), i don't understand how to do it any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if the heart will come up because i really dont understand it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mon786)
    can someone please help me with Jan 11 Q1 d), i don't understand how to do it any help would be appreciated
    Measure from B - C. I got 2.1 cm = 21 mm. Times by 1000 to get micrometres. 21 mm = 21,000 micrometers.

The magnification is 50,000.

So, 21000 / 50000 = 0.42 micrometres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay8ha)
    In January there was the whole of question 3 on it, so maybe not. However it's a large part of the syllabus so I'd take no chances and learn it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the limitations of the lock and key model?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if the heart is meant to come up this year???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Does anyone know the limitations of the lock and key model?

okay thanks and ^^ it is to simplified,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Measure from B - C. I got 2.1 cm = 21 mm. Times by 1000 to get micrometres. 21 mm = 21,000 micrometers.

The magnification is 50,000.

So, 21000 / 50000 = 0.42 micrometres.

THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!! btw lock and key model limitation to simplistic, active site is unchanged throughout the process

ReputationRep:
    anyone got the jan 2011 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay8ha)
    okay thanks and ^^ it is to simplified,

(Original post by mon786)
    THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!! btw lock and key model limitation to simplistic, active site is unchanged throughout the process
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliteDNA)
    anyone got the jan 2011 paper?
    The second post on the first page of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im doing this paper again coz i messed up in Jan i think the two long questions at the end will b immunity related too ive looked at all the other papers and like it hasnt come up once so ive got a feeling that itll be that hows everyone feeling about it

ReputationRep:
    aaaah. I didn't think immunity will come up as the longer answer questions

I was thinking it'll be about the digestive system and how cholera causes disease... (cause there are a lot of stages which can cover 5marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay8ha)
    It will, it always does The BIOL1 exam always has something from each chapter as there's only 6 chapters

ReputationRep:
    if the long questions are on immunity do you think it will be about t/b cells and phagocytes or do you think something else about immunity will come up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.