The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It sounds as if your Bf is adding to the problem, maybe dump him for a start because as you said, you are no longer inlove with him, and he's not your 'type' of guy, so loose him.

Killing yourself may seem like a simple solution to your problems right now, but it's not. Theres so many other people who have problems, and they manage to get through it without thinking about killing themselves, so your not alone in that sense. Sometimes i feel like things are getting to much, and theres nothing good worth living for, that it'll be easier to just end it all rather than stick with it in the hopes that things will turn around, and get better, but usually that mentality wears off, well atleast for me it does.

Try and motivate yourself to do something positive for yourself, once you have accomplished something, no matter how small, you will feel better, and things wont look so bleak.
Hang in there, don't wait for your knight in shining armor to come and rescue you from your troubles. Do it youself, learn to face your troubles head on, that way you will know how to deal with all the other sh*t life throws your way. :h:
Original post by Anonymous
I have truly never felt so alone. I hate everything in my life right now and no one can pull me out of this slump. I have an exam but all I want to do is sleep. My "boyfriend" is useless, he has NEVER been able to support me through a hard time, at the slightest sign of me being depressed or snappy he runs a mile even though I have been strong for him so many times. He doesn't think that I'm struggling through this with no friends, he is selfish and inconsiderate. He has never been strong for me or known how to make me feel better and I just wish I had a boyfriend who could. I want to break up with him and meet someone else because I am no longer in love with him. He is not my type of guy, in that he is not sponataneous or exciting or dreamy or romantic or supportive and to top it off, has anger problems and is selfish.

I hate my family as they are causing me so much pain. I have no motivation to do anything, I just want to sleep. In fact, I just want to end it all now and never have to feel this pain again. In a world of 6 billion is it so hard to find just one ****ing person who can get my pain and help me?

Its a cruel world out there and the internet is no better. I'm not surprised that people haven't taken your post seriously because obviously they haven't EVER been in that situation.
Speaking from past experience you have to keep on fighting.
Killing yourself over love is frankly just foolish. Dump that scumbag and focus on your exams. Ask for help from your university, I'm sure they have people who can advise you on your situation.
Don't let the negative thoughts get the best of you - its just a phase which you must overcome.
The moment you give up is when you have proved all your enemies and trolls right because no one cares - thousands of people die every day so what makes you so special is their frame of mind.

Good luck OP, and f**k all the scumbags who screw you down. Just remember, from every mistake and hardship you go through, you will eventually end up stronger and defeat your fears and enemies.
Yes I want to sleep all the time and hide away from the world. It means a lot you say you care about me. No, I have no true friends. Just 2 girls who are both not very helpful.

Ah I know that feeling of wanting to sleep and hide from the world all too well... Sometimes I think a lot about the challenges of everyday life, then when I have to actually face up to them I get this feeling of complete helplessness, a feeling of wanting to put life on hold just a little longer... Sound familiar? You just have to fight it, get out there and face the music, meet people to make friends with in any way you can, and remember I'm always here to PM, for any problem you have :smile:
Reply 43
Can you think of a situation in the past when you succeeded when you didn't think you could?

Yes, second year uni. But my mindset was different then. I crammed for my exams and passed against all the odds. I would give anything to get a fraction of the courage and tenacity I had back then. I have become weak, fearful, unable to face up to things, indecisive and scared. I wish I was as strong as I used to be.
Reply 44
Original post by silverbolt
no shes getting platitudes and honesty, your not giving her love your giving her "theres theres".

OP youve made more than one post in regards to your bf, if hes that bad then dump him, the fact that your opening post was whinging about him followed by two lines in regards to your family shows your priorities are rather skewed. Why are in the relationship if hes such a dead beat. you ahve no one to blame for being in an unhealthy relationship but yourself becasue despite realising your in a bad one your still in it.

Stop expecting everyone to sort you out, get off your backside and start looking for help. you cant expect it just land in your lap

What do you mean by this?
Reply 45
What are you doing / what have you done, to help yourself?
Reply 46
My feelings exactly. I have given everything to this guy, more than he will ever know or appreciate. In fact I think my life without him would have been very different. I can't remember a time he was there for me or showed any sort of affection. I don't know why. I think he is just really bad with problems. But to me it is pointless being with someone who can't cheer you up when you are down or listen to you when you want to talk.

Well my suggestion start off thinking positive, do something like make a list of all the things that are good in your life right now, things you enjoy and people who make you laugh and feel good about yourself.

Think about the conversation you need to have with your bf about needing a break and list the reasons why you want to do this.

Set yoru self something positive to do, it could be a shopping trip with a mate or going out for some dinner and a movie, just do something thats gonna make you feel good about yourself, and try and have something like this to do regularly, it gives you something to look forward to all the time....for me I go to the gym and listen to music while I work out, I always leave feeling better about myself, somtimes I spend hours there . Get your self a good book and nice bubble bath to absorb you time on lonely evenings, keep your days full, eat right, get a good amount of sleep drink plenty of water and things will start to come into perspective.

and like I said consider talking to a counciler
Reply 47
Original post by Imperial Darklord
Its a cruel world out there and the internet is no better. I'm not surprised that people haven't taken your post seriously because obviously they haven't EVER been in that situation.
Speaking from past experience you have to keep on fighting.
Killing yourself over love is frankly just foolish. Dump that scumbag and focus on your exams. Ask for help from your university, I'm sure they have people who can advise you on your situation.
Don't let the negative thoughts get the best of you - its just a phase which you must overcome.
The moment you give up is when you have proved all your enemies and trolls right because no one cares - thousands of people die every day so what makes you so special is their frame of mind.

Good luck OP, and f**k all the scumbags who screw you down. Just remember, from every mistake and hardship you go through, you will eventually end up stronger and defeat your fears and enemies.

Thanks so much for this. It's true, people cope with things differently and the stronger amongst us sometimes think a "just get on with it" or "get off your backside" comment will help someone like me. If anything it is the kind, supportive posts on here that are driving me to fight on.
Reply 48
Yes, second year uni. But my mindset was different then. I crammed for my exams and passed against all the odds. I would give anything to get a fraction of the courage and tenacity I had back then. I have become weak, fearful, unable to face up to things, indecisive and scared. I wish I was as strong as I used to be.

You're still the same person at heart as you were back then. You just need to find yourself again. During the times you feel you don't have the strength to, let others you know well to give you that strength. And if in the case of being short of a friend, feel free to PM Mad Cat Lady, me or whoever you feel most comfortable with so you have someone to talk to and not face this on your own.

There'll *always* be people here for you that's willing to help. You're not alone however much it may seem.
I have truly never felt so alone. I hate everything in my life right now and no one can pull me out of this slump. I have an exam but all I want to do is sleep. My "boyfriend" is useless, he has NEVER been able to support me through a hard time, at the slightest sign of me being depressed or snappy he runs a mile even though I have been strong for him so many times. He doesn't think that I'm struggling through this with no friends, he is selfish and inconsiderate. He has never been strong for me or known how to make me feel better and I just wish I had a boyfriend who could. I want to break up with him and meet someone else because I am no longer in love with him. He is not my type of guy, in that he is not sponataneous or exciting or dreamy or romantic or supportive and to top it off, has anger problems and is selfish.

I hate my family as they are causing me so much pain. I have no motivation to do anything, I just want to sleep. In fact, I just want to end it all now and never have to feel this pain again. In a world of 6 billion is it so hard to find just one ****ing person who can get my pain and help me?

You are just getting a tase of real life, trust me...
I have been through this suicidal periods and I know, and I wont be anonymous becuase I have nothing to hide...
Firstly, your biggest friend is you.. Only you can take your life decisions. There are many instances where you feel lonely, but that doesn't mean you have to die.... I have been alone without friends most of my teen life, but I used to make myself busy to stop myself from feeling lonely...

Just leave your boyfriend then.. You are hurting yourself with the relationship by the sounds of it... Leave him and start a new relationship....

Both my family and my country caused me pain... At first I felt suicidal too, but later I realized, why should I die for them??

Suicide is permanent shortcut to relief from temporary problems....

Why don't you try to live the life you got....

WHy don't you have any motivation?? Don't you want to do anything in life???
What subject do you like to do?? What fo you want to be?? - THere is always something to be done... Pursue what you like
Don't care about what anyone say, care about yourself....
All is not over, it never is, relax, clear your mind and think what went wrong, and don't just start blaming yourself or others over it, think of a solution... If you really want to go away from your family, you must be able to earn for yourself right?? ANd for a sustainable job you need education... So if you sleep instead of studying how will you progress towards self-dependency??? How will you reach the stage where you can shape your own life.....

There are many reasons to die but one reason is enough to live.... You are probably justyfying suicide inside your head right now,... Push them away and find one reason to live.. If you try you will get many...
Please don't kill yourself. Today is the two year anniversary since someone I knew killed themselves, and the pain his family and friends still go through everyday is unbelievable. Please, don't. I've seen first hand the devastation suicide can cause. Nothing at all in this world is worth dying over, I promise you this. Don't throw away something as previous as life.
you are responsible for you. We can give you kind words and encouragement but YOU are the only person who can change anything. And you CAN.

You can't change other people. You can only change how other people react to you by changing yourself. I can't tell you how to change. You have to work that out yourself.

You don't want to kill yourself. Not really. If you really wanted to you would have done it, or tried it, not told people about it,

Only you can save yourself. You have to take responsibility for yourself and accept and recognise that getting out of this situation has to come from you.

I'd suggest you see your gp and tell them how you are feeling and get on some medication and counselling. Medication should lift you enough to start giving you the energy and motivation to make other steps and change your situation.
Reply 52
Original post by MissMuppet
Life is hard, and believe me it gets a lot worse... I have been in the same position as you in the past, but now at 33 I am happy with myself and my situation by making an effort to improve my life. Even just last year I ended up in a relationship with a conman, was publically humilated by a so called friend and I was disciplined at work for my sickness... But it didn't break me, and I am on the up again!

Positive thinking is what's needed!

Sounds like life is always going to be unpredictable. It's inspiring to know you are fighting.
Reply 53
Original post by Mad Cat Lady
Ah I know that feeling of wanting to sleep and hide from the world all too well... Sometimes I think a lot about the challenges of everyday life, then when I have to actually face up to them I get this feeling of complete helplessness, a feeling of wanting to put life on hold just a little longer... Sound familiar? You just have to fight it, get out there and face the music, meet people to make friends with in any way you can, and remember I'm always here to PM, for any problem you have :smile:

Yes, I feel helpless too. I just want to stay in a bubble and be untouched. I feel intimidated by the taks ahead so I just try and block it out instead of facing up to it. Thanks for your kindness and great advice it means a lot.

I feel the same actually. I guess people on here are gonna be getting at you for being angsty and self pitying but at exam time I think anybody can feel like the entire world is pushing down on their shoulders. Boyfriends are useless aren't they...
Reply 55
Original post by Darcy
You're still the same person at heart as you were back then. You just need to find yourself again. During the times you feel you don't have the strength to, let others you know well to give you that strength. And if in the case of being short of a friend, feel free to PM Mad Cat Lady, me or whoever you feel most comfortable with so you have someone to talk to and not face this on your own.

There'll *always* be people here for you that's willing to help. You're not alone however much it may seem.

That's so kind of you, yours and her posts have really helped me. It's so hard when you think no one cares. I am touched by the kindness of complete strangers. Thanks for caring enough to reply.
Reply 56
It sounds like you're having a tough time at the moment, I'm really sorry things are so difficult for you. You mention you're finding it difficult to cope with your work and your boyfriend, and it seems like you are looking to escape this situation. Would you consider calling the Samaritans? Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ If you don't feel able to speak to them on the phone, you can email them or text them and they will usually respond within a few hours.

I'm going to close this thread now and remove the unhelpful comments, not because we don't care or we don't want to listen to you, but because we are not in the best position to help you and sometimes people post dangerous advice or make insensitive comments. The Samaritans are great in terms of listening to you and helping you feel supported and able to cope with the stress you're under. Please give them a call. Alternatively, the Samaritans can call you with your permission if you feel unable to call them. If you would like me to ask them to call you, please PM me.

Latest

Trending

Trending