The Student Room Group

Rankings/results help please!!!

Hi,
I'm new to this whole thing but it was recommended by my college for university help. So the thing is I am really interested in doing a business course but all the universities I am looking to apply to ask for a grace b in maths and I only have a C so I was just wondering how important the university rankings are as lower ranked Uni's such as Brighton ask for a c. Obviously if the rankings do have and impact I don't want to be paying £9000 a year for that! haha hope someone can help thank you! xx
University rankings are important to a lot of employers, for example, my dad is a manager at GSK and they've recently started a new graduate scheme where if you get a graduate job and work for 2 years you can get some of your tuition fees paid...in this kind of competitive market, they'll most likely be looking at people with firsts from ucl, imperial, durham, warwick ect ect. Some places don't care of couse but it really depends, if i were you i would resit your GCSE maths this year (at 6th form or evening classes) and put this resit down on your ucas form with a grade B prediction. Then apply to two lower ranking unis, one middly one and 2 slightly better ones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending