The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Send it off yourself.
send it yourself, once you have had someone stamp it (which is why most people go to the post office)
Original post by Boristhethird
send it yourself, once you have had someone stamp it (which is why most people go to the post office)

So do I have to have someone stamp it?
I'm talking about the 'Local office/Post Office date stamp' part of the form btw, I will obviously put a stamp on the letter.
Reply 4
Once you give the form to your post office, they will sign it if it's fully completed (remember to take your ID documents), send it recorded delivery first class for safety aswell
Original post by TheLazyLearner
So do I have to have someone stamp it?
I'm talking about the 'Local office/Post Office date stamp' part of the form btw, I will obviously put a stamp on the letter.

you need someone to sign it to say you are who you say you are.
this can either be a teacher, employee, boss (it give examples), or you can take it (along with your passport) to a post office, and they can sign it for you.
Original post by j.laurence
Once you give the form to your post office, they will sign it if it's fully completed (remember to take your ID documents), send it recorded delivery first class for safety aswell

But I already know that it is fully completed.
And what if I don't want them to send it for me?
How much does it cost?

Original post by Boristhethird
you need someone to sign it to say you are who you say you are.
this can either be a teacher, employee, boss (it give examples), or you can take it (along with your passport) to a post office, and they can sign it for you.

I dont get it. Can I not just send the form off myself (with the proof of ID of course)?
But I already know that it is fully completed.
And what if I don't want them to send it for me?
How much does it cost?

I dont get it. Can I not just send the form off myself (with the proof of ID of course)?

i think you can, cant quite remember (it was 2 years ago) and should explain on the form.

i think you can send it with proof of ID, but not too sure.
all i can say is to read the form, it will say somewhere on there
Reply 8
Okay, so I have filled out the form and I was wondering if I could just send it off myself, or do I have to go to the post office and have them do it for me?

Thanks in advance:smile:

You an send it off thru local post office or DVLA office.
Original post by AdamZ
You an send it off thru local post office or DVLA office.

If I was to do this, how much would it cost?
If I was to do this, how much would it cost?

nothing

unless you ask them to check it for you, which is £5 i think
Fair enough. I'll probably do that.
Reply 12
I fear there's some confusion about the post offices checking service.

The post office WILL charge for checking your ID documents, returning them to you, and sending the form of on your behalf.

To save money, just do it yourself. Enclose whatever ID they ask for. If you have to send physical ID (rather than permission to check with passport office) you'll get it back in the post separately from your licence. Once it's all together in the envelope, just pop it in any old red post box. Simples.

You don't need to get your form stamped. If a box says at the top "official use only", leave it well alone.
Hi I sent of my provisional form and had it back today because I didn't tick a box I used the envelope they gave me and it had writing in a box top right corner where stamp goes do I need a stamp still
Original post by Jadesykes2008
Hi I sent of my provisional form and had it back today because I didn't tick a box I used the envelope they gave me and it had writing in a box top right corner where stamp goes do I need a stamp still

This thread is from 2011! Check the dates before posting in future!

Thread closed.

Spoiler

What stamp can I use to send of for a provisional license
Hi what stap do I use to send off a provisional license
Original post by Nicolasmith1234
What stamp can I use to send of for a provisional license

As I need to send it off
Reply 18
Original post by RoyalSheepy
This thread is from 2011! Check the dates before posting in future!

Thread closed.

Spoiler

Clearly you didn't close it very well...
Original post by IWMTom
Clearly you didn't close it very well...

STOP BUMPING 13 YEAR OLD THREADS TOM

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending