The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Does anyone know how strict Westminster and UCL are with entry requirements? I'm pretty sure I won't get into UCL but I applied anyway because I had an option spare and there was nowhere else I wanted to go and well, you never know :biggrin: But yeah, they both want AAB and I'm predicted AAC.. I explained in my PS why I screwed up in AS Art and I've learned why and I'm improving blah blah, but will they even read my PS, or just straight up reject me? Merci!
Reply 381
Has anyone heard anything from Bath?... do they even make offers for architecture before the January 15th deadline?
Original post by nelli_w
Does anyone know how strict Westminster and UCL are with entry requirements? I'm pretty sure I won't get into UCL but I applied anyway because I had an option spare and there was nowhere else I wanted to go and well, you never know :biggrin: But yeah, they both want AAB and I'm predicted AAC.. I explained in my PS why I screwed up in AS Art and I've learned why and I'm improving blah blah, but will they even read my PS, or just straight up reject me? Merci!

I doubt they care very much. I specifically remember Westminster saying at the open day that they care most about portfolio, then PS, and finally grades :smile:
Reply 383
Original post by ihatethispart
I doubt they care very much. I specifically remember Westminster saying at the open day that they care most about portfolio, then PS, and finally grades :smile:

Ah, brilliant thanks :biggrin: Just sent my application to college last Friday, waiting for them to send off my references aaah I'm so nervous!
Good news for all us Cambridge applicants! There's been 17.1% drop in architecture applicants compared to last year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/datablog/2011/oct/24/tuition-fees-education#data
Reply 385
Just had a portfolio request from Kent ^^
But they also want an essay :confused:
Reply 386
Original post by charlottelea
Good news for all us Cambridge applicants! There's been 17.1% drop in architecture applicants compared to last year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/datablog/2011/oct/24/tuition-fees-education#data

Yay! :smile:

There's also less people applying to Oxbridge...
Reply 387
OFFER FROM MANCHESTER (AAA) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (im predicted A*A*A)
got it the day after i sent my portfolio :smile:
Reply 388

Got my interview invitation in the email today. So excited! :biggrin:

lucky you! when did you submit your application?
My school transcript arrived two days after the deadline..hope they'll at least read it! :frown:
Reply 389

that's because who has just a little bit of brain doesn't want to be an architect! This means I have no brain at all...and if I break up with my boyfriend applying for engeneering and marry another architect, I will be starving!

Anyway, I applied to Trinity...anyone else?
Reply 390

I haven't heard anything since the acknowlegement from my college. Any day now though!

so far...

Cambridge - Acknowledged
UCL - Interview
Sheffield - Acknowledged
Bath - Ackowledged
Northumbria - Interview

when did you send your task to UCL? I did today..hope the shipping doesn't take too long..
Original post by Onique
:smile: I knoww, I fell in love with it! Main reason I'm applying and the course, of course :colondollar:

Yes, the only problem. But if I get in I'll do part 3 externally. Or they might have it by the time we graduate :biggrin:

Ahh, did you go to the open day? Ive only stalked the Kent uni website and watched all the videos about the uni! :P and thats true.. hopefully by the time we get to that stage :smile:

Original post by sirage94
:smile: IF I get an interview :tongue: and thats one BIG "IF" haha my portfolios arriving there on the 12th so can only hope for the best ! good luck my friend !

Haha if I get a interview too.. but im sure you will! My applications hopefully getting sent off within the next two days :biggrin: thanks and good luck to you too...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fefì
when did you send your task to UCL? I did today..hope the shipping doesn't take too long..

I sent it 2 weeks ago today I think? I got an email about interview last tuesday so it was probably sometime around then!
Reply 393
Original post by chokoishii
Ahh, did you go to the open day? Ive only stalked the Kent uni website and watched all the videos about the uni! :P and thats true.. hopefully by the time we get to that stage :smile:

Yes. It's definitely just as nice as on the website, if that helps :biggrin:
Reply 394
Wondering if anyone would recommend me my final application :colondollar:
I've applied to
Cambridge A*AA
Nottingham AAA
Kent AAB
Edinburgh AAA-BBB :confused:

But I still have one more and I really don't know where.
I'm not keen on Sheffield, Bath, Cardiff, Manchester and Newcastle :colondollar: and I love green campuses, I don't mind if it's a art based course or not because I love both aspects.

Hoping for it to be about ABB-BBB for grades or points.

Can anyone think of any gems I have yet to uncover? :biggrin:
Thank You!
Reply 395
Original post by winniey
Hi Im an international stu. and ive chosen Sheffield, Cardiff, Oxford Brookes, Edinburgh and Kent.
Want to know if the application should be sent asap because of the task deadlines or its still fine if i send it in January?
Thanks!

Good choices :smile: send off you application as soon as it's finished, because if you wait until january there'll be less spaces for us lot, and architecture is a very competitive course! If you send it in jan you'll get a different deadline to those who applied earlier, dont worry you should still get the same amount of time as others to do the tasks etc :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by Onique
I've applied to
Cambridge A*AA
Nottingham AAA
Kent AAB

I'm not keen on Sheffield, Bath, Cardiff, Manchester and Newcastle :colondollar: and I love green campuses, I don't mind if it's a art based course or not because I love both aspects.

Thank You!

Huddersfield ask for 320 points but ive not seen the uni, just the prospectus. It was one the first one i got so that might be why its stuck in my head as a hidden gem...I think plymouth ask for 300 ish points as well, look into them if they appeal to you :smile:
Original post by Onique
I've applied to
Cambridge A*AA
Nottingham AAA
Kent AAB

Thank You!

Greenwich are 300 points and some tutors used to teach at the Bartlett, however obviously isn't a green campus... I was going to say Westminster too but I think they were AAB and again its in London.
Reply 398
Original post by pongalo
Huddersfield ask for 320 points but ive not seen the uni, just the prospectus. It was one the first one i got so that might be why its stuck in my head as a hidden gem...I think plymouth ask for 300 ish points as well, look into them if they appeal to you :smile:

I'll definitely have a look into those 2 :biggrin:

Original post by singsongballadsmiles
Greenwich are 300 points and some tutors used to teach at the Bartlett, however obviously isn't a green campus... I was going to say Westminster too but I think they were AAB and again its in London.

I have a thing against London :colondollar:

Is that just for Cambridge or architecture as a whole?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending