The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King-Panther
I'm sorry, I know this question wasn't directed at me but remember "quality over quantity", as well has have a great variety in you work and work that demonstrates creativity.

Not at all. Yeah I think thats the main thing everyone's looking for, to gauge your creative ability.

Original post by charlottelea
On my letter from Sidney it says take about 10 pieces and something which shows design development, so I'm taking my a level sketchbook for that.

Oh yeah definitely taking my sketchbook, at my A6 cause they mentioned sketches.
Original post by charlottelea
For the Sheffield portfolio have you used 10 peices, or just 10 images? I've got a 3D peice and I want to show it from different angles, but will that count as more than one image?

I emailed them regarding that, and its basically '10 files', so you can have as many images per in one page (combining them), but the total number of JPEG's (etc.) has to be 10. But of course if your going to combine images they should link.
Reply 582
Original post by Tetris-Blocks-For-Brains
Hello people of the architecture applicants thread. :smile:
I've just applied a few months back, and at present it looks like this:
Cambridge: Interview at Churchill College, 6/12 :biggrin:
Sheffield: Portfolio/Task in progress, deadline 2/12 (LOL really need to do that...)
Cardiff: Portfolio sent. Waiting for a response.
Brighton: Haven't heard anything.
Portsmouth: Conditional offer 29 points <3 (the ultimate backup plan)
Anyhoo, was wondering if anyone else has an interview at Churchill on that day, and if anyone else has heard back from Brighton, 'cos it's been over a month since I sent my application now and I'm yet to even get a confirmation email. :/

Hey, i have had similar problems with Nottinghaml im sure some unis just dont send one. For Cardiff im confused about the portfolio, do they send and email with info about what to do and how to send it etc?
Original post by chokoishii
Do I have to wait until they tell me to send it or do I just send it once Ive applied? The confirmation email doesnt say anything about sending my portfolio but just that theyve recieved it....

I got a request saying please send it, but perhaps thats cause Im applying from overseas? Maybe ring them up?
Reply 584
What about portfolios? I have no idea what to put in it, and my interview at Cambridge is in 3 weeks! I don't think including only portrait and photos of places (though very beautiful) is a good idea...
Reply 585
Original post by fefì
What about portfolios? I have no idea what to put in it, and my interview at Cambridge is in 3 weeks! I don't think including only portrait and photos of places (though very beautiful) is a good idea...

Did you do art A level?
Original post by pretzl.logic
I emailed them regarding that, and its basically '10 files', so you can have as many images per in one page (combining them), but the total number of JPEG's (etc.) has to be 10. But of course if your going to combine images they should link.

Okay, thanks a lot!
Reply 587
I have taken some photo's of some of the stuff I am intending on putting in a portfolio and uploaded them, (sorry about the pic. quality) could anyone take a look and give me some feedback?? Thanks :smile:
http://art-design-ben.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12614812
Reply 588
I've been dedicating my time to prepare portfolios and interviews for universities and putting school work behind (shieffield portfolio due in 25/11, UCL interview 1/12 and Cambridge interview 14/12). WHo is feeling the same?!
Reply 589
Original post by Penbole
I have taken some photo's of some of the stuff I am intending on putting in a portfolio and uploaded them, (sorry about the pic. quality) could anyone take a look and give me some feedback?? Thanks :smile:

I agree that choosing work to put in your portfolio is the most difficult thing. I'm always indecsive, lol. From those images you uploaded, I like most of them. The bus shelter design proposal and the biro over photo appeal to me most! Which university is this for?
Hi I am from Malaysia!

I applied for UCL, Westminster, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff.

I have just sent my apllication on the 19th November. And I have not get the UCL assessment task! Looking forward!

And do Glasgow School of Art requests for Portfolio? :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by N@nA54
I've been dedicating my time to prepare portfolios and interviews for universities and putting school work behind (shieffield portfolio due in 25/11, UCL interview 1/12 and Cambridge interview 14/12). WHo is feeling the same?!

Hi!
I do, this has definately been challenging.

Trying to manage School work, coursework, wider reading, essay for Kent, interview prep and portfolio work has been difficult. My lunches and breaks have started to be very useful times for revision/homework. Then home for portfolio, essay and wider reading.

I just keep thinking it will all be worth while.
Original post by Penbole

I think you've got a good range of pieces.. Are they all original ideas or are some of them Copies of artists work?
Reply 593
Original post by Onique

Original post by Onique
Did you do art A level?

italian system is different there are no a levels xd...i study history of art s i never studied drawing even though i m good at it
Reply 594
Original post by chokoishii
I think you've got a good range of pieces.. Are they all original ideas or are some of them Copies of artists work?

Very good, pencil drawings especially
Reply 595
Original post by Penbole

Damn, there are some pretty good work put into that portfolio.
Particularly impressed jealous of your 3D model of beach house :eek: how did you do that??
they would be impressed if you put more angles of that house. which uni are you applying to?
Original post by pretzl.logic
I had to send a hard copy to the address listed in the email.

any chance you still have the address?
Reply 597
Original post by mojunheem
Damn, there are some pretty good work put into that portfolio.
Particularly impressed jealous of your 3D model of beach house :eek: how did you do that??
they would be impressed if you put more angles of that house. which uni are you applying to?

Thanks for your comment :smile: I am applying to Portsmouth, DMU, Sheffield Hallam, Nott Trent and Leeds Met :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by malaysiaboy
Hi I am from Malaysia!

I applied for UCL, Westminster, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Cardiff.

I have just sent my apllication on the 19th November. And I have not get the UCL assessment task! Looking forward!

And do Glasgow School of Art requests for Portfolio? :smile:

Don't worry! It takes a while to get the task from ucl and it's only been a couple of days :smile:

and GSA do ask for a portfolio, i'm guessing it'll be a digital one if you're in Malaysia
Reply 599
Original post by pongalo
Don't worry! It takes a while to get the task from ucl and it's only been a couple of days :smile:

and GSA do ask for a portfolio, i'm guessing it'll be a digital one if you're in Malaysia

I'm guessing the next batch of tasks would probably be in late December or early January, judging by how interviews would be starting before then, and the next set of interviews aren't until February. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending