The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by N@nA54
I know right. But they to leave certain spaces for non-jupas applications, so it's not as competitive as it would have been if you applied from HK.
I got told that there were about 12 people dropped out from the 1st year already. What a waste.
Oh! I think you walked in front of me at some point. I was wearing a charcoal grey coat and navy trousers. But there were many asian girls.

Oh wow! Didn't expect it to be this early. But they'll not give out offers during christmas and new year time right? So it's either these 3 weeks or next year.

haha I don't think I'd be able to remember who you were :colondollar: oh wells, hope for the best I guess..
When are you heading back to hk?
Reply 781
Original post by mojunheem
haha I don't think I'd be able to remember who you were :colondollar: oh wells, hope for the best I guess..
When are you heading back to hk?

My family's here. So, I'm not heading back during christmas time, but the coming july to august. You go to boarding school?
Reply 782
Original post by gqie
Anyone heard any news from Edinburgh?

received an offer from edinburgh - BBB :smile:
got portfolio requests from UCL and Cardiff back in late Oct, rejected by UCL exactly 1 week after it's been sent and heard nothing from Cardiff yet.
Reply 783
Haha, I'll have to find time to get my hku done when I get back, again as a backup as well (somewhat sounds ridiculous because hku is really hard for non-jupas to get in)
Lol, I didn't socialize too much because of the ongoing statistics going on in my head on how many people there are and the chances of the people I talk to ending up in the same uni.
Not too hard to spot me, there were only 3 asian guys, i was wearing blue pants. :smile:

Weber said something about how they would inform me by the end of this year, judging that its already December, I'm guessing it would be mid or late-dec.

hey I have applied to HKU architectural studies too!
Original post by chokoishii

I can't remember exactly what the email said but I don't think they said 'maximum' of and I doubt they would really count the words?? I'm presuming it's just so it's not too long or too short... But could you not try and delete 15 words e.g rearranging sentences? and how have you done your 200 words- hand-written, typed and one block of writing, a bit on each page?

i've done it as one typed block of writing but put it on the first page so its the first thing they'd read
Reply 785
Original post by nokwok
got portfolio requests from UCL and Cardiff back in late Oct, rejected by UCL exactly 1 week after it's been sent and heard nothing from Cardiff yet.

Congrats for the offer! :biggrin:
Reply 786
Original post by nokwok

sorry to hear about UCL, but congratulations on edinburgh!! That's sucha low requirement for one of the best architecture schools in uk, how come? :eek:
Reply 787
Original post by malaysiaboy
Have you received an email telling you that they have received your application? I did after a week submitting my UCAS. I have not received the email asking for portfolio. If you do, please tell me. Thank you!

O_O no.. I sent my application off weeks ago and I've heard back from everywhere else but literally NOTHING from Westminster! WHAT DO I DO? D;
Original post by chokoishii
Who was it that sent you the email? The person who sent me mine said "once we receive your UCAS application at the School of Architecture we will send you an e-mail requesting the portfolio, in that e-mail will be information on the portfolio and a deadline for you to submit the portfolio to the School, the deadline is usually 2-3 weeks from the date we send the e-mail to you."

And yes the email contained everything about the portfolio including deadlines, what to include, how to send, where to send etc...

I can't remember exactly what the email said but I don't think they said 'maximum' of and I doubt they would really count the words?? I'm presuming it's just so it's not too long or too short... But could you not try and delete 15 words e.g rearranging sentences? and how have you done your 200 words- hand-written, typed and one block of writing, a bit on each page?

Mine is from Louise Spears, Admission Team, Cardiff University. "Please submit your portfolio as soon as possible. The School of Architecture will not consider your application until they have received both your UCAS form and your portfolio. Please see link below for information about what the portoflio should consist of:" So I guess you received something which is totally different?
Original post by nelli_w
O_O no.. I sent my application off weeks ago and I've heard back from everywhere else but literally NOTHING from Westminster! WHAT DO I DO? D;

This school is very popular for replying late. I heard the complaints from previous years applicants. We shall keep each other update if anyone has received the letter requesting for portfolio!
Original post by nokwok

Congrats! When did you send your application?
Reply 791
Has anyone got any offers with similar subject to DT, MATHS, GEOGRAPHY. Would universities put offers out to students with these subject ? i am also doing an extended project which is architecture related
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 792
Has anyone got an offer from Edinburgh who does not have a GCSEs in another language ?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35191019#post35191019

Here is a thread I have just created for u guys to arrange architecture schools according to their artiness! Welcome comments!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35191019#post35191019

Here is a thread I have just created for u guys to arrange architecture schools according to their artiness! Welcome comments!
Original post by trinutt
Has anyone got any offers with similar subject to DT, MATHS, GEOGRAPHY. Would universities put offers out to students with these subject ? i am also doing an extended project which is architecture related

I have an offer with art, maths, geography (and further maths AS), kind of similar I suppose! The offer's from Northumbria.
Reply 796
Original post by charlottelea

If it's like the Pembroke test, it'll probably be a picture of a building and you have to dicuss a question about it.

ahhhhhhh deo gratias!!! I used to spend nights doing things like that, while getting ready for a school test! :smile:
Reply 797
I have an offer with art, maths, geography (and further maths AS), kind of similar I suppose! The offer's from Northumbria.

but then a lot of unis would prefer art rather than dt. :s-smilie:
Reply 798
Original post by malaysiaboy
This school is very popular for replying late. I heard the complaints from previous years applicants. We shall keep each other update if anyone has received the letter requesting for portfolio!

Ah okay. I'll call them tomorrow just to check :smile: and yesyes, I'll let you know as soon as I hear something!
but then a lot of unis would prefer art rather than dt. :s-smilie:

True, they do, but then "Onique" has an interview at Cambridge and she's doing DT (as far as I've read), so an offer's certainly not impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending