The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its not worth the bother mate. Just calm down and aim to get a girl of your own another day.
If you think like that then you're unlikely to get her to **** you.

MB
Would it make you more angry if I came round and burgled your house and wiped my sex wee on the door handle?

You can't be angry at the random, how was he to know how you felt?
Move on mate >
Reply 4
Same happened to me mate, you obv didnt make a move quick enuf!! was in my case anyway, but i got on with my life, no need to break any1s back!
Reply 5
Yeah if you don't act too soon or if there's no chance of anything happening (you said she knew how you felt so why weren't you a couple?) then it's your own fault, or it wasn't to be. Either way, move on.
Stop being so melodramatic. If you don't have it, you don't have it. Simple.
Reply 7
Dry your eyes mate theres plenty more fish in the sea.lol
I can understand how hurtful that was. However, may I offer some advice?...

1. Please, I forbid you from mentioning this to the girl in question next time you see her. On the contrary, simply act as though you didnt see. The fact that she felt obliged to do this in front of you is not only downright spiteful, but suggests that she tried to evoke these feelings. She will most probably expect you to be angry. imagime her satisfaction if you were to play into her hands?

2. You sound like a lovely guy. Seriously, the fact that you were hurt by this shows your maturity and sensitivity.

3. Next time you're in a club, scan the rom. Look out for a beautiful, classy girl. Note, I used the adjective 'classy'. The girl that you refer to as a friend does not fall under this catagory. She will not have found the love of her life in this randomer.

In the meantime, chin up
Umm, thanks for the cool sample of advice :smile:.

Thankfully feeling like doing something isn't the same as doing it - or well, we'd all be in some sort of incarceration.

It certainly isn't worth the bother, you're right. I'm all relaxed now and over it. I think it's cool though that I was bothered by it - wouldn't want it to be any other way.

As for the 'done it to spite you' kind of thinking. I sort of agree. I've now resolved my anger by getting her out of my life in all forms. IMO, she has a lot more to regret than me, and she will hopefully.

Oh and yes, I did make a move too late as som1 said above. I guess I just kind of expected better of people - I know I would expect more of myself.

Thanks for the opinions - I think I just (recently) needed to let my emotions out and there were quite a lot of them - so now I'm happy with the situation.
Good effort mate.
You can't have her, so no one else can?

Yeah, nice logic there :rolleyes:
L.J
So, just because you like her means she's not allowed to pull anyone else? She's not your girlfriend and she doesn't feel the same, what right do you have to be angry at her for doing what she wants to do? Now you're going to lose a friend because of your jealousy. That's poor form.

yeah, i agree with LJ. if she knew how you felt and you weren't a couple, then she obviously didn't like you in that way! you have reason to be upset as you liked the girl, but have little reason to be angry with her, but should just get over it - if she doesn't like you, then she doesn't like you - i know it sounds harsh but it's the truth and you'll have to accept it. just because you're friends doesn't mean you own her - i think you're being way too jealous over the whole thing, and you've lost a friend because of it.
To clarify - I didn't say because I like her she's not allowed to pull someone else. It's a matter of what would I do and I guess I have higher expectations of empathy. I personally would at least try to minimise hurt by either being open with the person about the way things are and my intentions, or distancing myself so it's clear I'm not considering how they feel. Without explaining the entire situation, suffice to say I've made no attempt to dictate her life or indeed ever to ask for anything.

I have. You're right I don't own her, nor do I dictate her life. There is an element of "if you can't have her, noone else can" to it and that I knew was unavoidable. That is however by no means what underlies it all.

But don't get into the blame game with me. That doesn't make my position invalid. I'm not going to sit around and be in a 'friendship' if for whatever reason it's a bad situation for me. I'm not going to waste any time or effort explaining in what ways I feel my emotions were frayed. I guess I just decided the loss of a friendship created probably from my own errors of judgement and whose course was always fated to be poor for me, wasn't really that big a deal in the long run. Nothing lasts forever, and I don't expect friendships to.

Noone owes me anything, doesn't mean I can't have expectations of people. I can either live a pretense - where things are great for everyone and poor for me, or the reality where I'm not afraid to face my issues and accept they are my problems. It wasn't a case of "it's your fault I'm jealous" or whatever, it was a case of it's my fault and I'm not going to continue difficult pretending. Choices have to be made and I want to move on with more interesting things in life than deal with pathetic situations what are self-caused and be stuck in them.

I'm not going to make myself out to be innocent or demonize someone else for their choices. Life's too complicated to box things up like that. There are 2 sides to what I've done - lost a friend & putting myself first. The first is an error, but I think the second benefit outweighs the loss of the first in the long run. If you please everybody else, you'll displease yourself and if you please yourself you'll displease many people. Just have to find a balance that's suitable for you.
Who says that she was doing it out of spite though?

Maybe you're just jumping to that conclusion because it hurts you to see her pull other guys. But it doesn't mean that she realises how it's affecting you.
maybe she was trying to make you jealous so youd make a move a bit quicker i admit to having done this myself when i fancied a really shy bloke being shy myself
Reply 16
Do Chickens Fly
Some girl I liked decided tonight would be a good night to do a random pull right infront of me - I'm sure they're having sex atm.

I so feel like breaking the guy's back :/. And as for her... well.... friends for how many years? She knew how I felt, she didn't even tell me or anything - argh!

I can't sleep!

So angry!

Better you find out now what shes really like rather than later mate
Cheer up chuck! If she is like that then is she really worth the hassle anyway?

xxxx
You missed the deadline, I'm afraid. :K:
Reply 19
Original post by ApprovalNeeded
You missed the deadline, I'm afraid. :K:

15 years old this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending