The Student Room Group

When is the latest that you can apply for a Masters'?

I am graduating with a BA this year and ideally want to find a job but if I don't I'll do a Master's degree. However, does anyone know when is the latest I can apply for one is? I know the sooner the better but if there is a general cut-off date that anyone knows that would be brilliant. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by manchester123
I am graduating with a BA this year and ideally want to find a job but if I don't I'll do a Master's degree. However, does anyone know when is the latest I can apply for one is? I know the sooner the better but if there is a general cut-off date that anyone knows that would be brilliant. Thank you!

Depends on the University. Soem go right up till the week the course starts. More to the point is what would you like to study? And where?
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested in doing the Master's in International Public Policy Analysis at the University of Bath. UCL also does the degree and I'll probably apply there as well.
Reply 4
Thanks for the links. I've already looked at the Bath site and there's is no final date anywhere. Perhaps I'll email the department/admissions and ask.
Reply 5
A week before the beginning of term?:dontknow: It all depends on whether there are still places available (and whether you're able to self-fund).
Reply 6
Original post by hobnob
A week before the beginning of term?:dontknow: It all depends on whether there are still places available (and whether you're able to self-fund).

Of course my feeling is that for UCL it is too late anyway depends on how popular the course it. I presume you can self fund all of this and that you are aware the top University are probably all ready full up. That goes without saying.
Reply 7
Original post by Sweets7
Of course my feeling is that for UCL it is too late anyway depends on how popular the course it. I presume you can self fund all of this and that you are aware the top University are probably all ready full up. That goes without saying.

True, although it's always worth checking. There are so many people who won't be able to take up their offers because they can't get funding (which they often don't find out about until shortly before the start of the course). And if it turns out that there are any spare places, departments will probably be happy for a chance to fill them.
Sorry for repeating what you had already said, by the way; for some reason I seem to have missed your post.:o:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending