The Student Room Group

Official official gcse biology unit 3! Aqa gcse bly3h

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Naik100
why does so little oxygen dissolve in water?
does absorption use diffusion?

Yes it does.
Original post by MxDarknessx
It Was Incredibly Hard..!!! Most People Who Sat in Our School Found It To Be Difficult Aswell
What did you guys put for the 5 mark For the Micro-Villi Question ??

i wrote:
thin walls for easier diffusion as shorter distance to diffuse
copious amount of blood supply via capillaries to provide oxygen for mitochrondria for aerobic respiration
andddddddddddd microvilli and villi's long structure provided a large surface area for efficient diffusion
Reply 82
Original post by gcse revision
Well that was ridiculously hard. And I MEMORISED EVERY FRICKING WORD IN MY TEXTBOOK.

No offense but imo that's a good thing. I don't really see how memorizing the textbook means you should be capable of getting an A*? That's the reason they have the How Science Works questions (read: common sense questions)

It's about application of knowledge not just old school style of memorization and regurgitation.
Reply 83
why does so little oxygen dissolve in water?
does absorption use diffusion?

Can anyone help?
Anyone?
Reply 84
Original post by sssingletrack
yes and yes

Ohh F**K It... i somehow put oxygen... i am too tired to use my brain :s-smilie:
Original post by akat
I found it reaally hard :frown: and i need 91 UMS for an A* but only 51 for an A
weird..
there was a question on dialysis and kidney transplant too

Ah, the dialysis and kidney transplant question was the only good question on the paper!
Reply 86
The question where it asked why there is a lot of oxygen in blood, but there is not a lot in a given volume of water?
Reply 87
Guys How many marks is question 6 worth?
Reply 88
The question where it asked why there is a lot of oxygen in blood, but there is not a lot in a given volume of water?

Anyone?
Lets All Hope The Grade Boundaries Are INCREDDIBLY LOWWW :biggrin:
Approximately how many marks do You think You Got??
Reply 90
Answer mEEE!!!
Reply 91
Im trying to work out that :frown:, how many marks was question 6!
same here :'(
no haemoglobin to bond to.

would I get the mark if I said because blood has haemoglobin that reacts with oxygen to make oxyhaemoglobin and water doesnt?

yes and yes

goood, thanks :smile:

Original post by Chriswin8
It was definately 70% but i put ethanol :s because it was asking for the products that came out, Im probably wrong but ah well

I think it's methane, cause it said it was a biogas fermenter, and methane's the main gas in biogas :smile:

Original post by gcse revision
That's what I got. :smile:
I didn't even do the last question...

How much do they expect us to be able to read in 45 minutes!?

ah I had loads of time to spare! But I always rush exams, ha. I was so stuck on the last question, I spent the best part of 20 minutes staring at it...

I Got 70% Tooo :biggrin:

good!
Reply 94
Found the majority of it quite easy.

However could somebody please explain what the F**k the last question was going on about???
Original post by GMD
No offense but imo that's a good thing. I don't really see how memorizing the textbook means you should be capable of getting an A*? That's the reason they have the How Science Works questions (read: common sense questions)

It's about application of knowledge not just old school style of memorization and regurgitation.

I didn't say that I just memorised the textbook. I had a really good knowledge base and understanding on all of it. And I did a ton of past papers. I learnt it all thoroughly a month ago and have been recapping it ever since. I'm not just regurgitating stuff. I've gotten all A*'s in the previous modules and ISA.
Reply 96
Hey guys.. this is really important... Apparently we can't retake the paper in january? Is this true???
wht do you think the grade boundaries r ?
Lets All Hope The Grade Boundaries Are INCREDDIBLY LOWWW :biggrin:
Approximately how many marks do You think You Got??

probably 35+ , I dont believe I dropped any marks personally.
Reply 99
king 101 do you know? anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending