The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Original post by PKaurB
when do we actually get our lnat scores?

February 2012 mate - bit too late to change unis by then xD
The wait is becoming unbearable! I still haven't heard anything and my UCAS processed 15th November :frown:
Original post by Omiclops
The wait is becoming unbearable! I still haven't heard anything and my UCAS processed 15th November :frown:

Where have you applied to?
Original post by whatever_x
Where have you applied to?

Nottingham
Leeds
UCL
Newcastle
Queen Mary

Same here! the wait to hear whether I have been offered a place or rejected is horrible!
Original post by SillyMilly
Same here! the wait to hear whether I have been offered a place or rejected is horrible!

Where else have you applied?
I constantly go on the "Law Offers 2012" and it depresses the hell out of me :frown:
I constantly go on the "Law Offers 2012" and it depresses the hell out of me :frown:

I am also guilty of this :rolleyes:
Original post by admbeatmaker
I am also guilty of this :rolleyes:

I keep telling myself that LNAT unis wait a while but then I see people getting offers from Nottingham and die a little inside.
Reply 1628
I have had an offer from Cardiff but still waiting on the others. Loads of people getting offers from Exeter on the law offers thread :/! starting to worry that they havent replied
Nottingham
Leeds
UCL
Newcastle
Queen Mary

Ahh well I have a feeling that UCL aren't gonna start giving out offers anytime soon :frown:
Reply 1630
How long does Reading take to make an offer?
Reply 1631
Original post by er123
I have had an offer from Cardiff but still waiting on the others. Loads of people getting offers from Exeter on the law offers thread :/! starting to worry that they havent replied

Don't worry, they will have to get back to you soon and it also depend when you sent your ucas off? When did you send it?
Does anyone know what kind of LNAT score Bristol look for?
Original post by whatever_x
Ahh well I have a feeling that UCL aren't gonna start giving out offers anytime soon :frown:

Aww man. Well to be honest I don't expect to get an offer I'm more waiting on Nottingham!
Original post by BeckyJacombs
Does anyone know what kind of LNAT score Bristol look for?

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/law/ugdegrees/ugadmissions/admissionsstatement.html

In order to ensure that applications are assessed objectively and that the particular circumstances of each individual applicant are taken into account, members of the Admissions Team score applicants using the following weighting to make up the overall scoring:

A Level grades achieved/predicted in the 3 best A Levels = 40/100
LNAT = 25/100
GCSE’s C or above = 20/100
Personal Statement and reference = 15/100
All A-levels are acceptable, with the exception of General Studies and Critical Thinking. No A-level subject is considered any more or less important than any other. A-level Law is acceptable, but does not confer any advantage in the admissions process.
The School of Law prefers applicants to take 3 A levels in one sitting. You are allowed to resit individual modules within each A-level, as long as you complete three A-levels within two years. The School of Law does not accept resits of the entire A-level or the final A-level examination, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Candidates for MR11 (LLB Law and French) and MR12 (LLB Law and German) require A-level grade A (or equivalent) in the relevant language. Candidates who are not successful for MR11 and MR12 are automatically considered for M100 (LLB Law).

Then you're ranked out of everyone...
Reply 1635
Original post by sasha165
How long does Reading take to make an offer?

I sent my UCAS off on October 24th and I got an offer on November 30th :smile:
Original post by tehforum

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/law/ugdegrees/ugadmissions/admissionsstatement.html

In order to ensure that applications are assessed objectively and that the particular circumstances of each individual applicant are taken into account, members of the Admissions Team score applicants using the following weighting to make up the overall scoring:

A Level grades achieved/predicted in the 3 best A Levels = 40/100
LNAT = 25/100
GCSE’s C or above = 20/100
Personal Statement and reference = 15/100
All A-levels are acceptable, with the exception of General Studies and Critical Thinking. No A-level subject is considered any more or less important than any other. A-level Law is acceptable, but does not confer any advantage in the admissions process.
The School of Law prefers applicants to take 3 A levels in one sitting. You are allowed to resit individual modules within each A-level, as long as you complete three A-levels within two years. The School of Law does not accept resits of the entire A-level or the final A-level examination, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Candidates for MR11 (LLB Law and French) and MR12 (LLB Law and German) require A-level grade A (or equivalent) in the relevant language. Candidates who are not successful for MR11 and MR12 are automatically considered for M100 (LLB Law).

Then you're ranked out of everyone...

Thank you, if you're ranked out of everyone then that explains why there are very few offers at the moment.
Reply 1637
has anyone got any warwick offers yet? i sent mine on oct 20th and still waitinggg
Reply 1638

Congrats!

What are your academics?

6a*2a1b gcse
aabb as-level
predicted 2a* 1a/a*
did my lnat last friday and got my offer from kings today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending