The Student Room Group

Physics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
only just applied and sent my form.. is that too late?
sooooo worried.
My slots, UCL, Kings, Man, Sheffield, QMUL.
AAAa predicted. straight Physics. Any chances?
... ;
Original post by MinpoloD
I really liked it, the modules look amazing and it's so friendly. Also love the location of the physics building.

Did your visit overrun last week? I thought it was to end at 3.15, had to leave early so I didn't miss my train.

Yea it did overun a little, I can't remember how much but it wasnt too long, like 15 - 20 mins maximum
Reply 982
Original post by alicex141
eee thank you :smile: I'm really excited, Leeds is one of my top choices, despite coming from Kent..

Leeds is my top choice too! + My aunty, uncle and cousin live in Kent :biggrin:
Went to Southampton yesterday and absolutely loved it. They said that everyone there is guaranteed an offer so am just waiting to see what the conditions are!

Been invited to interview at Royal Holloway in February too :biggrin:
Reply 984
Original post by Kristina_Lucy
Just wondering whether anyone had heard from durham about doing physics yet? I'm still waiting!

On a more cheerful note, anyone got an interview for physics at Oxford in the next few days? I'm so nervous for mine!! :biggrin:

Yea i got an interview at oxford, super nervous ofc, i think im totaly underpreaperd, i completly scrwd up my physics mock interview but my maths mock interview went fine they askd me relatively easy questions tho so i wasnt suprised it went well...how are u preparing btw????

Original post by Brutal Chav
Looked over stuff I mentioned in my PS, did all the BPhO round 2 papers, did some STEP I mechanics questions, covered M3 mixed exercises, did horrendous integrals and curve-sketching problems, learnt proofs and derivations for nearly all law's I've ever used, memorized all chemistry reaction mechanisms, read books on physics braintwisters/paradoxes, went through all past Oxbridge interview questions I could get a hold of, did conservation of energy & momentum, gravity, SHM, statics questions from hell.

Absolutely none of it helped during the interviews though............... :frown:

I dont know if you can but wat was the general area to which questions were directed?? I got an interview for physics at oxford soon and no little of what to expect :P, im jst going over AS and part of the A2 course, C3-4, FP1-2 type things but still feel underprepared wen i hear of what uve done xD any suggestions?
Reply 985
Received an offer from Bath today. I'm actually really excited about Uni now, got my 3 main places so far!
Original post by a.koe

Original post by a.koe
Yea i got an interview at oxford, super nervous ofc, i think im totaly underpreaperd, i completly scrwd up my physics mock interview but my maths mock interview went fine they askd me relatively easy questions tho so i wasnt suprised it went well...how are u preparing btw????

I'm reading the books on my PS, making cards for them so I remember key points, making sure I have specific examples to talk about from my PS and I think I'll have a look over some of the FP1 stuff which I'm a bit rusty on. Might have a look at M2 as well, even though I haven't started it at school yet :smile:

Which college are you going to? I'll be going to new college :biggrin:

I dont know if you can but wat was the general area to which questions were directed?? I got an interview for physics at oxford soon and no little of what to expect :P, im jst going over AS and part of the A2 course, C3-4, FP1-2 type things but still feel underprepared wen i hear of what uve done xD any suggestions?

I'm reading the books on my PS, making cards for them so I remember key points, making sure I have specific examples to talk about from my PS and I think I'll have a look over some of the FP1 stuff which I'm a bit rusty on. Might have a look at M2 as well, even though I haven't started it at school yet :smile:

Reply 987
I have literally just sent off my application for Physics (with/and Theoretical Astrophysics/Astrophysics/Astronomy) to; Sheffield, Exeter, Nottingham, Liverpool and Leeds. I am predicted A*BC at A-Level, although my reference states that the 'C' is an underprediction. I don't really think I'll get any offers at all, to be honest, but meh, such is life. I'm not entirely I care, either.
Reply 988
Original post by csawc
Oh well, that's my excuse for having not heard from them out of the window :L

Just wondering whether anyone had heard from durham about doing physics yet? I'm still waiting!

On a more cheerful note, anyone got an interview for physics at Oxford in the next few days? I'm so nervous for mine!! :biggrin:

Yes and yes :smile:. My best friend hasn't heard from Durham and I went to an open day today where many people had said they hadn't heard a thing so I wouldn't worry just yet.
Original post by JayReg
Yes and yes :smile:. My best friend hasn't heard from Durham and I went to an open day today where many people had said they hadn't heard a thing so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Ah good :smile: to be honest my mother was getting more worried than me!
And which college is your interview for? I'm going down to new college on saturday - I'm so nervous!!!!
Reply 990
Ah good :smile: to be honest my mother was getting more worried than me!
And which college is your interview for? I'm going down to new college on saturday - I'm so nervous!!!!

Lincoln, I heard they had some of the best food of all the colleges so I couldn't resist :tongue:. What about you? I keep telling myself (and everyone else) that I dont really mind if I dont get in :cool: but I know skin deep down I do :eek:.
Reply 991
Original post by MinpoloD
I really liked it, the modules look amazing and it's so friendly. Also love the location of the physics building.

Did your visit overrun last week? I thought it was to end at 3.15, had to leave early so I didn't miss my train.

Same for me, I went this Tuesday, previous to the visit it was my top choice, and the day just confirmed that. Love everything about Sheffield, definitely my firm choice. :smile:
Reply 992
Does anyone know what a Bristol "visit day" is like? Formal or casual, interview or not?
Reply 993
Original post by aquark
Does anyone know what a Bristol "visit day" is like? Formal or casual, interview or not?

Mine was casual with a tutorial of about 4 applicants together.
Reply 994

Il be at the queens flyin in tmrow :s-smilie: so nervous, i havnt really looked at my PS that much but i can talk about string theory/quantum mechanics/relatitivity in quite some detail so tht il be fine im more worried about the more technical physics based questions which i screwd up in my mokc interview :s-smilie: nyways good luck!!
Original post by JayReg

Original post by JayReg
Lincoln, I heard they had some of the best food of all the colleges so I couldn't resist :tongue:. What about you? I keep telling myself (and everyone else) that I dont really mind if I dont get in :cool: but I know skin deep down I do :eek:.

Damn I wish I'd seen that :P And I know - I've said I would have been more upset if I hadn't got an interview at all but I'll be pretty gutted if I don't get an offer!! When are you going down? I'm getting there tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by a.koe

Original post by a.koe
Il be at the queens flyin in tmrow :s-smilie: so nervous, i havnt really looked at my PS that much but i can talk about string theory/quantum mechanics/relatitivity in quite some detail so tht il be fine im more worried about the more technical physics based questions which i screwd up in my mokc interview :s-smilie: nyways good luck!!

I've just made sure I know the books well enough to discuss them :smile: I'm going down tomorrow as well - just hoping I'm not the only one at new college tomorrow! And yes good luck to you as well!! :biggrin:
Got my offer from Sussex!
It says:
GCE A level
Grades ABB including
Mathematics
Physics

does this mean i could get BB in maths&phys and an A in my other subject? Really want to know for sure so if someone could put my mind at rest please :smile:
Offer from Manchester A*AA
offer from sussex!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending