The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by science-geek-nh
Ohh okay, now i'm really panicking! When do the interviews finish? Sorry to be a pain, i'm just so worried as this is my first choice :frown:

Sorry didn't mean to panic you :frown: when did you send off your ucas? I think they interview right up to March. I went for child nursing and only about 4 of us there and about 3 mental health and the rest adult nursing.
Original post by tinkerbell2387
Sorry didn't mean to panic you :frown: when did you send off your ucas? I think they interview right up to March. I went for child nursing and only about 4 of us there and about 3 mental health and the rest adult nursing.

That's okay, it's proberly just me panicking too much! I sent it off 7th October so it was done quite early :s-smilie: I have interviws from all of my other options and i had AAA at As level :frown: Just hope it's enough!! :frown:
hey i was just wondering what questions they asked you in your southampton group interview? and how many people you were interviewed with?
interview on monday
freaking out...
:s-smilie:
Reply 583
Hiya

Just wondering if your interview was at UWE? Are you starting in Jan/Sep Do you mind sharing what the group discussion was about and what the one to one interview involved.

Panic striken!!!!!!
That's okay, it's proberly just me panicking too much! I sent it off 7th October so it was done quite early :s-smilie: I have interviws from all of my other options and i had AAA at As level :frown: Just hope it's enough!! :frown:

Try not to panic, easier said then done but Southampton do seem to take ages to reply and you will hear by a letter, maybe just give them a ring and see if they have any news, admissions are really helpful. I've heard people have been getting unsucessfuls so surely your still in with a chance, do you have any experience with a caring setting?
Original post by SophieRebecca.
hey i was just wondering what questions they asked you in your southampton group interview? and how many people you were interviewed with?
interview on monday
freaking out...
:s-smilie:

Hey sorry we are not allowed to talk about the questions as it is not fair on others. But my group was 8 of us in total, think it depends on the day and how many people are there etc good luck :smile:
Original post by Jordenfruitbat
Congrats on your interviews.

Awww that's a shame, don't worry though you could ring york and ask for feedback? :smile:

Thanks for your congrats :smile:

Yea I'm really disappointed and it's knocked my confidence ahead of my really important interview at Surrey.

Oh well I'm sure I'll get over it.
Reply 587
Has anyone applied to stirling?
I have an unconditional - as long as my criminal and health check are fine, which they will be :smile:
Good luck to everyone going through the application process just now!
Try not to panic, easier said then done but Southampton do seem to take ages to reply and you will hear by a letter, maybe just give them a ring and see if they have any news, admissions are really helpful. I've heard people have been getting unsucessfuls so surely your still in with a chance, do you have any experience with a caring setting?

Yeah thats a good point i suppose :smile: Yes, i put in my personal statement about when i worked in a Dementia care home, and i spent a month in Madagascar teaching English to the children and building a school which demonstrated my community spirit and stuff :smile: I also put in that i am psychology captain in school and lov helping te students with their work :smile: I think i might give them a ring tomorrow, and just ask about how the whole process is going as i might be able to get an idea about where they are at with interviews :smile: Thankyuo very much for all of your help!! x
Reply 589
arghh so long, the uni is fab and soo nice, I get the feeling if you get an interview you have a very good chance, they seem so relaxed too about grades etc. Though some people hardly spoke in the group discussion so I ended up speaking more then I wanted too and found it hard as they were all adult nursing but I still gave my views on childrens nursing. I have Kingston tomorrow too so will have that to wait for aswell....im soo fed up with waiting though as they say no news is good news :s-smilie:

The main thing for Southampton is the applicant, not the grades. The fact you got an interview is great. If you get an offer and Firm, I would guess the place is yours. I dropped by 2 grades and still got it. :smile: It's brilliant here. Halls, social life, lecturers, placements everything. Love it! See you next September!
Yeah thats a good point i suppose :smile: Yes, i put in my personal statement about when i worked in a Dementia care home, and i spent a month in Madagascar teaching English to the children and building a school which demonstrated my community spirit and stuff :smile: I also put in that i am psychology captain in school and lov helping te students with their work :smile: I think i might give them a ring tomorrow, and just ask about how the whole process is going as i might be able to get an idea about where they are at with interviews :smile: Thankyuo very much for all of your help!! x

no problem :smile: yeah sounds like you got enough to get you though and ringing them wont cause any harm. good luck i hope you hear something soon.
Original post by glf2110
The main thing for Southampton is the applicant, not the grades. The fact you got an interview is great. If you get an offer and Firm, I would guess the place is yours. I dropped by 2 grades and still got it. :smile: It's brilliant here. Halls, social life, lecturers, placements everything. Love it! See you next September!

yeah fingers crossed, Hope I didn't mess up the interview but I mention about the nmc etc and made points reflecting back to experience ive had working in southampton hospital etc. I really like canterbury too and torn between them but they dont start looking till after the Jan deadline.
Reply 592
yeah fingers crossed, Hope I didn't mess up the interview but I mention about the nmc etc and made points reflecting back to experience ive had working in southampton hospital etc. I really like canterbury too and torn between them but they dont start looking till after the Jan deadline.

I had an interview at CCC too. I was lucky, Soton was always going to be my Firm and luckily they gave me my first offer so then it was just a matter of waiting to see which Id make my Insurance. I feel sure that you'll get an offer from Soton. :smile: Keep us updated!
Original post by Diamante06

Original post by Diamante06
hii, i have an interview on the 7th December for University of Bradford, and i'm really nervous. :frown: I have to do numeracy and literacy test and i have to take part in a group discussion. Can someone please explain how your interview went e.g. what questions were asked and what the group session was like? I'de really appreciate it!! :smile:

Hi, i had my interview at Bradford in November for adult nursing. Basically you dont have a one on one interview its all done in a group of about 8 people. Part of the group disscussion is general interview questions (like why nursing? what is the role of a nurse? etc) and the other part is an activity where you have to work together on a task they set you (this is to demonstrate communication, listening skills). Then you do the numeracy test, which is no more thn 20 questions, basic maths such as adding, substracting, multiplying, division, fractions and unit conversions (its only Key stage 3 level so no need to panic). For the literacy we were given an article to read and then a question sheet to answer on. The answers werent always in the text though, you had to use your own thoughts and interpretation.

Hope this helps :smile: everyone in our interview group said how they were really nervous to start with but really enjoyed it and said they had no reason to worry! You'll be fine!
Original post by glf2110
I had an interview at CCC too. I was lucky, Soton was always going to be my Firm and luckily they gave me my first offer so then it was just a matter of waiting to see which Id make my Insurance. I feel sure that you'll get an offer from Soton. :smile: Keep us updated!

Hopefully, fingers crossed :smile: I feel like phoning them though its been 2 days. did you have any tests at ccc?
Reply 595
Hopefully, fingers crossed :smile: I feel like phoning them though its been 2 days. did you have any tests at ccc?

I thought CCC is not interviewing yet. I applied there too for Sep2012
Original post by onedream
I thought CCC is not interviewing yet. I applied there too for Sep2012

Nope not till after Jan 15th, asking from last year :smile: which branch you applied for?
Reply 597
Original post by AmyAnna
I had an interview for childrens nursing at london Southbank yesterday and got an offer from them today woo :smile:
Has anyone got any interview tips for surrey? Xx

Congrats. I applied for Adult branch at LSBU too. Please what did they ask you? When did you send off your application form. Mine was sent off around 10/11/11
Hi everyone :smile:
I have an interview at the University of Liverpool and the University of Birmingham, I was just wondering if anyone has/had an interview here?

Good luck with your application x
Hi.
Was wondering if anyone else has got interviews yet?
Have applied to Birmingham, Cardiff(rejected), Liverpool(rejected), Southampton, Stirling and Queens, Belfast. Another girl in my year got an interview for Birmingham today though I don't know what branch she's applying for. I haven't heard anything yet, though I've got acknowledgements. I've applied to Adult's for Stirling, adult's and children's joint course for S.Hampton, and I haven't decided yet for Queens. Birmingham just says 'Nursing' so I think you have a common foundation year before you choose? Does anyone know? I think that would suit me better, because I don't really know if I want to do Adult's or children's and I think I tailored my personal statement for both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending