The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

merry christmas to everyone!! and good luck (: <3
Original post by KingGoonIan
Thanks mate you too

thanks KingGoonIan at least i will know by Feb sometime eitherway for the two universities i have already been too,plus i also have one upcoming interview in April coming up next year and still to hear from staffordshire who i know is still considering me so there is still all to play as they say yet KingGoonIan :smile:

Merry Xmas everyone and all the best to u all in the new year :smile:
Original post by wizardtop
thanks KingGoonIan at least i will know by Feb sometime eitherway for the two universities i have already been too,plus i also have one upcoming interview in April coming up next year and still to hear from staffordshire who i know is still considering me so there is still all to play as they say yet KingGoonIan :smile:

Merry Xmas everyone and all the best to u all in the new year :smile:

I hope they get back to you soon with some good news. Good luck with your other upcoming interviews!

Merry Christmas to you too and please call me Ian :smile:
Original post by KingGoonIan
I hope they get back to you soon with some good news. Good luck with your other upcoming interviews!

Merry Christmas to you too and please call me Ian :smile:

thanks Ian m8 its appreciated.I do hope i get in somewhere because it would be nice if i did.Our lecturers keep telling us u only need one place :smile:
Reply 984
Hey, has anyone else got interviews at southampton, bourenmouth and nottingham for child nursing in Jan?
I am really nervous and have no idea what to expect, anyone got any tips?
Reply 985
Original post by Emily@Salford
Hi! Anyone going to Salford in September '12??

Hi Emily, I've applied for the Masters course so may end up there! Are you doing the Bachelor's degree? x
Reply 986
Is anyone applying to do mental health nursing? I've applied to Manchester via UCAS, and also to Salford and Leeds for their masters course (I already have an undergraduate degree in Psychology). Is anyone else applying for any of these courses? Kathryn x
Original post by Kathryn_R
Is anyone applying to do mental health nursing? I've applied to Manchester via UCAS, and also to Salford and Leeds for their masters course (I already have an undergraduate degree in Psychology). Is anyone else applying for any of these courses? Kathryn x

-Jumps around with hand in the air-
Nope :wink:
Reply 988
got an offer from oxford brookes which is my back up :smile: woooop :biggrin:
Reply 989
Original post by Emmadaisy20
Hiya :smile:
im hoping to apply for child nusing at Birmingham, Bournemouth, Coventry and Nottingham. I am completing a BTEC National Diploma in children's care, Learninhg and development, but not sure if this will be accepted? Anyone else doing a BTEC going on to nursing?
x

yess I am!:biggrin:

I did a BTEC extended diploma in medical science.. and ive just sent off my ucas form to do Children's Nursing! I also checked if it's accepted which it is, soo im pretty sure they would accept yours if it's a level 3.
Reply 990
anyone who has had an interview at keele for adult nursing, what type of questions do they ask?what was the interview like. I got one next week:bhangra: but don't know what to expect and how to prepare :s-smilie:
Reply 991
Hey guys! Anyone had any interviews for Greenwich, Southbank and West london ??? For adult nursing. My first one is on the 5th of January. Im so nervous! any tips xxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 992
Original post by A.K.A
anyone who has had an interview at keele for adult nursing, what type of questions do they ask?what was the interview like. I got one next week:bhangra: but don't know what to expect and how to prepare :s-smilie:

Heya....did they email you some websites to help you with the tests??? They may be helpful I am going to have a look x
Original post by june2106
got an offer from oxford brookes which is my back up :smile: woooop :biggrin:

Congrats!! :smile: When did you have your interview at oxford brookes because I haven't heard fr them?
Reply 994
Original post by Skip_Snip

Original post by Skip_Snip
-Jumps around with hand in the air-
Nope :wink:

lol, that was helpful, thanks!
Reply 995
Original post by Lilo27
Amykins have you heard anything yet? Prob too early but I can't stand the waiting already lol

Nope, they said they wait until the Jan 15th deadline until they start to interview and then the interviews are at the end of February and start of March. I haven't heard from any of my choices yet except for acknowledgements :frown: the waiting is horrible
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 996
Original post by coolclar
Congrats!! :smile: When did you have your interview at oxford brookes because I haven't heard fr them?

On the 12th of December :smile:
Reply 997
Original post by ibarnett1
Hey, has anyone else got interviews at southampton, bourenmouth and nottingham for child nursing in Jan?

Hey :smile:
I have had my Interview at Southampton a few weeks ago, it was my worse out the 4 I've had :frown: you do a group discussion a maths test and a literacy test. Just make sure you read the document on the link which is on the letter they sent you and your be fine :smile: good luck!
Reply 998
Original post by ibarnett1

Original post by june2106
Hey :smile:
I have had my Interview at Southampton a few weeks ago, it was my worse out the 4 I've had :frown: you do a group discussion a maths test and a literacy test. Just make sure you read the document on the link which is on the letter they sent you and your be fine :smile: good luck!

This is exactly what we did last year but we weren't asked anything on the given reading. (I think that was quite unusual) After the interview they told us that no news was good news but we would hear if we were successful within a couple of weeks. They also asked us to indicate where we wanted to be our base station i.e. Soton, Portsmouth, Basingstoke etc. Don't worry about the tests, they're are easy. Read up on current issues in health - I used the BBC news website (health section) and found it really useful:smile: Good luck.
Reply 999
Original post by R Lynch
Aww thank you! Still shocked as its so competitive! We did English and Maths first, make sure you designate certain amounts of time for each part of the english test i didn't have time to do the last question (it obviously didn't matter as i got an offer :biggrin:) The group interview wasn't the that nice, it was really competitive, I didn't think i said enough as you really had to butt in to talk. Just make sure you show an active part. We had to discuss the parents involovement in the child's care!
good luck if you have any other questions feel free to ask! Rachel xx

Thanks very much!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending