The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by samantha_louise

Original post by samantha_louise
Hiya could anyone give me any information about the group activity at Sheffield Hallam for adult nursing please as i have an interview there on the 13Th of January and very nervous. thanks!

I had an interview yesterday at Hallam too! did you think it went well? i cant wait to hear back x
Reply 1181
Original post by jjurd1
When was your southampton interview hun??

It was on the 4th Jan
Reply 1182
Original post by Kate-:)
Hey :smile:

I've applied for child nursing at Northumbria(interview), York(interview), Cardiff(interview) and Southampton(rejection after interview:frown: ) and Birmingham-offer :biggrin:

Has anybody been to or are going to interviews at Northumbria, York and Cardiff?
:smile:

Hi, well done on your current ucas status.
Do you mind me asking what grades and experience you have?
I'm currently waiting for a reply at York and Birmingham!
Reply 1183
Original post by emmieaston
ooh hopefully ill hear something soon then! thank you, that would be helpful! let me know how you get on x

why do you want to be a nurse and study your particular branch?

what do you think is the role of a nurse?

what do you think makes a good nurse, what is the most important quality in a nurse?

where does nursing take place? (i.e. not just hospitals but gp, community, patients homes),

what do you intend to get out of your studies?

why do you want to come to this uni?

what skills make you suitable for this course?

what experience do you have? strengths and weaknesses,

how will you manage your time?

how do you cope with stress?

how do you deal with criticism/authority?

if you had a large amount of money to spend on healthcare what would you spend it on and why?

what do you know about current nursing issues in the media?

what challenges affect nursing in the uk?

how would you cope with the death of a patient?

your inspirations?

your greatest achievement?

why is communication important?

why is teamwork important?

what does confidentiality mean and why is it important?

what do you know about consent?

how would you handle challenging patients?

what do you think is the worst part of nursing?

what are your future plans?

How would you tackle a written assignment? how would you cope with coursework?

What kind of support would you need throughout the course?

Tell me about a time when someone helped you to achieve an aim and how they helped you to achieve it.

Describe a time when you took the right path instead of the easy path

how would you cope with blood etc?

what skills have you picked up in your job which would be relevant?

imagine you're a nurse on a ward, what would you be doing?

These questions shocked me, and I found some difficult, so for my first interview I was glad I had used this to prepare!
I'm sure you will hear something soon, don't worry :-) x
Reply 1184
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I have interview at Cardiff on 29th Feb :biggrin:, am I right in assuming yours is probably the 25th Jan? :smile:

Original post by misslarmour
Ive applied for childrens nursing at Northumbria and York too! :smile: when are your interviews for both? Got Northumbria next week and York 12th March.

Emmie x

My Cardiff interview is 15th Feb and york is 12th March :smile:. I had to change my Northumbria interview as I had an exam and haven't been given an alternative date yet.
Reply 1185
Original post by Samanthaaaaa
I knew that the nursing course at Lincoln is very public health based... So I knew a little bit about it... but not alot haha!
My Shefhallam interview is on the 3rd March! You'll have to give me some pointers haha. There wasn't alot of information in the letter about whats going to happen at the interview, which makes it a bit scary!
Are you doing A levels atm? xx

Oh, I really didn't know anything, so I felt that let me down!
I was really set on Sheffield Hallam, but I loved Lincoln!
Ahhh your a while after me then (which suggest's we'll be waiting a long time for offers?!)
Don't worry, I'll let you know what happens.
Did you look on the website link they gave you??
I am worried about sheff because I know it's a long day process. :/
I am yes, Food, Applied Science and Psychology. (ABCC) last year (AS Geography).
I only have health based work experience at a care home though.

What about you :-)?

x
Reply 1186
Original post by anya.
Hi, well done on your current ucas status.
Do you mind me asking what grades and experience you have?
I'm currently waiting for a reply at York and Birmingham!

Hey I predicted grades are A* in psychology,A in Geogrpahy and B in Biology. I volunteer in a Bupa care home and at St. John Ambulance. I also work as a support assistant at a tutoring centre.

What about you? when did you apply?

Good luck :smile:
Reply 1187
Original post by kelbel
Hey,

i had an interview yesterday for Adult Nursing at Sheffield Hallam for Sept 2012 intake! anyone else? :smile:

Hi!
My interview for them is 4th February.
Can you offer me any advice or what to expect please?!

:-)
Reply 1188
Original post by kelbel
I had an interview yesterday at Hallam too! did you think it went well? i cant wait to hear back x

Hi!
My interview for them is 4th February.
Can you offer me any advice or what to expect please?!

:-)
Reply 1189
Hey I predicted grades are A* in psychology,A in Geogrpahy and B in Biology. I volunteer in a Bupa care home and at St. John Ambulance. I also work as a support assistant at a tutoring centre.

What about you? when did you apply?

Good luck :smile:

Wow, they make my predictive grades look poor!
I got ABCC last year, and predicted CCC :-).
I have taken psychology, food and applied science.

I have been doing work in my local care home, but I found it difficult for places who are willing to take on volunteers!
I applied 25th November (my school was poor on getting a reference written, checked and sent!!) you?
Reply 1190
Has anyone heard from UEA, Brighton or King's?
Reply 1191
HULL INTERVIEW ON 15th FEBRUARY.

ANYONE BEEN OR GOING?!
Original post by anya.
Oh, I really didn't know anything, so I felt that let me down!
I was really set on Sheffield Hallam, but I loved Lincoln!
Ahhh your a while after me then (which suggest's we'll be waiting a long time for offers?!)
Don't worry, I'll let you know what happens.
Did you look on the website link they gave you??
I am worried about sheff because I know it's a long day process. :/
I am yes, Food, Applied Science and Psychology. (ABCC) last year (AS Geography).
I only have health based work experience at a care home though.

What about you :-)?

x

I did want to go to Lincoln so im really gutted that it went a bit wrong. What on earth did you say when they asked you what public health was? - that got me lol!
Im doing a BTEC in Health and Social care. I failed my AS levels - I got DUU so that might hold me back abit :L haha.
I work in a care home as a care assistant and I have had experience with children, adults with learning disabilities and im about to start placement at a neuro-rehabilitation unit, so Im hoping my experience definately weighs out my bad grades (hopefully!)
I think Sheffield Hallam is gonna be the hardest interview :s-smilie: xx
Original post by LVN93
Has anyone heard from UEA, Brighton or King's?

I have an interview at the UEA on the 26th January. I sent my UCAS off on the 14th November xx
Reply 1194
Original post by anya.
Wow, they make my predictive grades look poor!
I got ABCC last year, and predicted CCC :-).
I have taken psychology, food and applied science.

I have been doing work in my local care home, but I found it difficult for places who are willing to take on volunteers!
I applied 25th November (my school was poor on getting a reference written, checked and sent!!) you?

I applied 11th November have you had acknowledgements from them? I only heard from York last week. I know it is really hard to get experience :smile:
Reply 1195
It was on the 4th Jan

That was the same day as mine i was 8.30 how about you??? I have not heard anything from them yet but 2 friends that where also there the same day have, the suspense is killing me :confused:. Have you had any other offers yet??
Reply 1196
Original post by Samanthaaaaa
I did want to go to Lincoln so im really gutted that it went a bit wrong. What on earth did you say when they asked you what public health was? - that got me lol!
Im doing a BTEC in Health and Social care. I failed my AS levels - I got DUU so that might hold me back abit :L haha.
I work in a care home as a care assistant and I have had experience with children, adults with learning disabilities and im about to start placement at a neuro-rehabilitation unit, so Im hoping my experience definately weighs out my bad grades (hopefully!)
I think Sheffield Hallam is gonna be the hardest interview :s-smilie: xx

Oh God! I was saying something about the community and NHS, and the guy in there was saying that he knows I know the answer, and he like pushed it out of me.. but how the hell are we supposed to know that its about Doctor's leaflets and preventing problems such as smoking and obesity?!
That was an awful question! What about you?
Ahhh yeah, well at least your on a BTEC now :-).
Your experience really outweighs your grades!
I wish I had more :-(, I just found it serious difficult, I rang everhwere in my areas, and no one was interested!
I do think Sheff will be the hardest, it seems such a long process what with group interviews, one-one's etc :/
xx
Reply 1197
I applied 11th November have you had acknowledgements from them? I only heard from York last week. I know it is really hard to get experience :smile:

I had acknowlegdements from all the Uni's yeah!
Did you? :-)?
Reply 1198
Original post by jjurd1
That was the same day as mine i was 8.30 how about you??? I have not heard anything from them yet but 2 friends that where also there the same day have, the suspense is killing me :confused:. Have you had any other offers yet??

Mine was at 12:30:smile: that's probably good news that you haven't heard! Did your friends get offers? I've bot an offer from university of Birmingham which is BBB and is my first choice :smile: have you got any offers/ interviews?
Reply 1199
Original post by anya.
I had acknowlegdements from all the Uni's yeah!
Did you? :-)?

Yes I did :smile: have you has any other interviews and offers? Wheres your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending