The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi Cobra1234! I just want to ask how you're doing so far at Debrecen and how's the work load like? Thanks in advance:smile:
Hi everyone! Anyone care to give an update as to whether you like Debrecen or Warsaw better and why? Thank you:smile:
Reply 82
Original post by Nottie
If anyone is interested in Poland I am willing to help :smile:

Hello, I am thinking to apply either Polland or Hungry for medicine. Currently I am studying a levels in the UK. I just wonder which country is better and do I need to go to Polland to have an interview?
I have so many questions for current and graduated students in the poznan dental program. I am deciding between a couple dental programs right now and I feel like I don't know enough about poznan or have enough confidence in the degree there to commit myself to go to school there. Is there a forum anywhere for poznan dental students or graduates?
as a current dental student I recommend Slovakia or Bulgaria from personal experience and my friends experiences who have studied in Hungary, Czech , Poland also
Reply 85
If you go into these countries with the attitude that UK is superior you will struggle to cope as you will keep comparing everything to the UK. There is so much to appreciate from those Eastern European countries including their culture and health/ education sytems.

I have just come back from a graduation ceremony for my son who has done medicine at the University of Cluj -Napoca in Romania and took a road trip through Debrecen and Budapest. Really appreciated alot from my weeks stay and i would recommend anybody to try it. On top of that my son now speaks 2 other european languages on top of English.
Reply 86
Hi,

Are you able to offer any advise on student loan in Poland for UK citizen?
I think you should definitely choose Poland. As far as medical studies are concerned, Poland is training the best doctors in the world. Studies are difficult, but I think it's worth it. Later, you will definitely not have a problem with finding a job. If you have trouble finding good accommodation (dormitories are not the best quality), good
apartments in Warsaw can be found
do you study in english ? and how much do u pay per year?
If we look best medical school/college and universities with affordable fees, Poland is coming on the Top and according to student review these are best Medical University of Lublin, Silesia and Bialystok.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by ibru
hey . im currently in the 2nd year (medicine) at Debrecen.

do pm me with questions, im glad to answer them.

hi do you have an email or any other social network like whatsapp or instagram i can message you on?
I am doing my interview at Polish uni via Skype :smile:
so good to hear that as I am applying to Bialystok! and Bydgoszcz:smile: anyone else coming to polish med unis information event at polish embassy in london on april 26th? Im searching for people applying to the same schools as I do
Any reviews on Poznan ?
Original post by ibru
hey . im currently in the 2nd year (medicine) at Debrecen.

do pm me with questions, im glad to answer them.

hey I heard alot about debrecen's teachers and examiners that they fail you at any time or in any year without much mistakes is that true?
Hi I am from Rzeszów and my uni open Faculty of medicine in English so i can answer all of your question !
Is it possible for students with a 3-year BSc (i.e., Biochemistry) from England to enter Polish medical schools for graduate entry?
Reply 97
Original post by Snowybluesky123
Is it possible for students with a 3-year BSc (i.e., Biochemistry) from England to enter Polish medical schools for graduate entry?

there is no graduate entry in Poland. Only medicine available is 6 year course
Why would english people want to study medicine in Poland/Hungary?

Only valid reason I could think of is they are not good enough for the UK ones.. - bad gcses, bad predicted, bad UKCAT, bad personal statement, bad interview skills.
Original post by SomMC1
Why would english people want to study medicine in Poland/Hungary?

Only valid reason I could think of is they are not good enough for the UK ones.. - bad gcses, bad predicted, bad UKCAT, bad personal statement, bad interview skills.

There are two camps of people. People who aren't good enough, or people who don't have the money to attend a UK medical school. The first group tend to fail out rather quickly as Polish medical schools are difficult, lowering the reputation of the schools. The second group can consist of people who don't want to be cucked by student loan debt, or cannot take out student debt due to being international students.
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending