The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by yum-yum
Yeah, I got some papers in the post over a month ago, there was my letter of acceptance and some papers about vaccinations and lab work. I went to my GP's and got my list of all the vaccinations I have had and asked them if I was able to start the accelerated 3 month programme of hep B vaccinations, but they said they were unable to give me them there. So I phoned up Leeds and explained this to them and they said occupational health would deal with it when I got there :smile: So I would just explain to your doctor that you're going to med school and ask if you need any more immunisations. Is your offer conditional?

Gahh i still haven't received anything since the initial email! I might send them an email asking about it..
Ahh cool, i know i need TB and Hep B but dont really want to pay for them and heard that leeds sort you out with them all in the first week or something?
No unconditional, yours?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Vision
Reply 3581
Original post by GabbiWS
Gahh i still haven't received anything since the initial email! I might send them an email asking about it..
Ahh cool, i know i need TB and Hep B but dont really want to pay for them and heard that leeds sort you out with them all in the first week or something?
No unconditional, yours?

i have an unconditional too :smile:
I'd just phone/email admissions and ask about it
i think they would sort everything out for you anyway, the lady on the phone said it was quite common for people to not be able to have their vaccinations, but i dont know about not getting your letter :s-smilie: they should be able to send you another :smile:
Reply 3582
Original post by yum-yum
i have an unconditional too :smile:
I'd just phone/email admissions and ask about it
i think they would sort everything out for you anyway, the lady on the phone said it was quite common for people to not be able to have their vaccinations, but i dont know about not getting your letter :s-smilie: they should be able to send you another :smile:

what accomodation have you applied for?
yeah i just emailed them now asking why i havent had anything and if they could tell me what jabs etc i need so hopefully i'll get something from them soon!
if not i'll start panicking haha!
Original post by GabbiWS
yeah i just emailed them now asking why i havent had anything and if they could tell me what jabs etc i need so hopefully i'll get something from them soon!

They sort out all the injections when you get there - no need to have them early
Reply 3584
Original post by aeneas745
They sort out all the injections when you get there - no need to have them early

thank youu! :smile:
Hey guys, the following video is made by the Medical Students' Representative Council (MSRC) who have entered the RBS ESSA competition. They are now one of 9 finalists in the competition to win £5000, and you can help by viewing and sharing the video below. As well as helping the Leeds MSRC, you can also catch an early glimpse of life at Leeds medical school!

[video="youtube;RshqqeWG3HQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RshqqeWG3HQ&feature=colike[/video]

Spoiler

Reply 3586
Original post by GabbiWS

Central Village :smile:
What about you?
Reply 3587
Original post by yum-yum
Central Village :smile:
What about you?

Tannery :biggrin:

Reply 3588
Has anyone receive email from accommodation yet? I just receive mine and I got Oxley hall. It is rather far from Worsley building.
Congrats all who got in, see you in September :biggrin:

Original post by latextoa
Has anyone receive email from accommodation yet? I just receive mine and I got Oxley hall. It is rather far from Worsley building.

Not had mine yet :tongue:
Reply 3590
Hey guys, I got rejected from all my med schools a few months ago and was preparing to take my gap year. Then, lo and behold i got a phone call yesterday from Leeds inviting me to interview next monday! This is incredibly short notice and i don't think I'm that well prepared. My question is, has this happened before? And do I have a decent chance of getting in? Term starts soon! Also a follow up question is the work experience form, do we only include our work experience or do we include voluntary work as well
have a good 5-6 years at leeds everybody ... best of luck ... i hope to join yous in 3 or 4 years :smile: (if i take a gap year )
Not long to go guys!! :smile:

Went and had a wander around campus again today, can't wait :biggrin:

Whilst I'm here, anyone else in Storm Jameson West? :tongue:
Anyone in Montague Burton?
Hii :smile: I've got a room at unite accommodation concept place I don't need for this year, was wondering if anyone is interested? Its near opal accommodation, the tannery and Senitel towers, there's also a good student bar called unit one next to it, so it's a really good student area! It's £99 a week for an ensuite room with double bed, close to Leeds uni and Leeds met, let me know if anyone's interested need someone ASAP!x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Is there a fb group for 2012 entry medics?
Also, how Many weeks let do you need to accomodate the terms for first year?
Reply 3597
Original post by Sophiescm
Is there a fb group for 2012 entry medics?

Yeah - http://www.facebook.com/groups/345837965473236/ :smile:
Thank you! :biggrin:
I was on the reserve list and was interviewed last week and got my offer yesterday which has just been comfirmed right now on UCAS! I AM SO HAPPY. i never thought this would ever happen ever!

:O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending