The Student Room Group

What do I do?

I'm 16 and I've just left school. I am looking at either doing a level 3 extended BTEC diploma in IT business applications or doing an apprenticeship in IT. I have applied for a few apprenticeships through the apprenticeship website and they pay around £100 a week. 4 days at work and 1 day.doing the qualification.

What should I do?
Reply 1
I would take the apprenticeship, as it will allow you to gain experience from those already in the business.
Reply 2
Has anyone on here done an apprenticeship in IT? And the qualification I get with the apprenticeship is a level 2 and the one I could do at college is level 3.
Reply 3
Anyone?
Reply 4
I started with an apprenticeship in IT, and fully recommend it if you don't want to go to uni.
Reply 5
Original post by n65uk
I started with an apprenticeship in IT, and fully recommend it if you don't want to go to uni.

What were you doing and what qualifications did you get?
Reply 6
I've applied for a couple almost a month ago with two different learning providers but the actual employers haven't even got back to me yet.

I don't want to spend 2 years in college not making any money. I really want to do an apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending