The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends on what you mean by partying. I've heard that Oxford students drink the most, but when it comes to nightlife there are far better places.
My old housemate came up with the idea for a book, "The Good Times University Guide" consisting of partying info on every uni :smile:
Reply 3
This usually is more common to students of campus based unis such as Warwick, York, Bath, Exeter and Notts, as well as, those that have collegiate system such as Oxford, Cambridge and Durham.

I think the nature of the university set-up, and the lack of access to cities with vibrant night life tend to pull the students at these universities together rather than away from each other and head to pubs in the city. Sort of like making up for what they only have...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Come At Me Bro
Depends on what you mean by partying. I've heard that Oxford students drink the most, but when it comes to nightlife there are far better places.

That's the Oxford Lecturer's sipping on expensive Scotch everyday haha :smile:
Reply 5
Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds (all in located in big cities).

Oh yeah, Loughborough's lively, and I've heard from friends that De Montfort Uni has a good nightlife (so I'm guessing Leicester Uni is good for that as well). Nottingham, Bristol and Cardiff are also good for partying, my Uni (Essex) is always buzzing on campus and Colchester town is decent without being great. You have clubs and bars like Liquid, Route and TP's. Drinks are pretty cheap in Colchester town.
Reply 6
Any large university in a big city really, Manchester's a massive uni in a big city, also probably Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds, and maybe Notts? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...
Original post by oddsox
Any large university in a big city really, Manchester's a massive uni in a big city, also probably Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds, and maybe Notts? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

London. That's a pretty big city, at least that's what they tell me...
Reply 8
Original post by bruce_t89
Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds (all in located in big cities).

Oh yeah, Loughborough's lively, and I've heard from friends that De Montfort Uni has a good nightlife (so I'm guessing Leicester Uni is good for that as well). Nottingham, Bristol and Cardiff are also good for partying, my Uni (Essex) is always buzzing on campus and Colchester town is decent without being great. You have clubs and bars like Liquid, Route and TP's. Drinks are pretty cheap in Colchester town.

Cheap drinks in Essex!? I live in Essex and I swear it's so expensive hereeee!
Reply 9
London South Bank
I'd have gone for somewhere like Newcastle myself :dontknow:.
Gotta be Newcastle, great city to party in. It usually crops up in those "Top 10 party cities" lists. Leeds is great fun as well.

Depends what you mean though, some campus unis have no real nightlife around them, so people party within the uni accommodation a lot more.
I honestly think Cardiff is unbeatable. The St Mary's strip is like nothing else.
The larger cities will be more expensive as will the more southern ones. Therefore somewhere like Leeds would likely be number one.
Reply 14
I've heard Glasgow is pretty wild.
Any university in a big city really.

Therefore Universities in:

Nottingham
Manchester
Birmingham
Newcastle
Liverpool
London
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Reply 16
swansea is pretty mental, wind street is bloody fantastic and theres so many massive nights, especially Varsity night and the various Carnage nights.
as a geordie I'm obliged to say Newcastle
Original post by ultimate mashup
Any university in a big city really.

Therefore Universities in:

Nottingham
Manchester
Birmingham
Newcastle
Liverpool
London
Glasgow
Edinburgh

You obviously haven't been to Imperial.
Glasgow. I went to their fresher's week last year as my term didn't start for a bit and I swear to god people there have no 'off' button

Latest

Trending

Trending