The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you're retaking an AS module does that mean you enter it three times? once with the result, once for the resit and once for A2?
hi, i basically got my alevels and didnt do as expected due to mitigating circumstances after january 2011. I am now going to do my second year of college again at a different college and I'm wondering how to fill in the ucas form.

in AS i got (2010), These were certified!!

A Chem
A Maths
B Bio ............................ improved my AS to an A in the A2 year
D Physics .................... improved my AS to a C in A2 year
D Citizenship................ improved my AS to a C in A2 year

in A2 i got (2011): Also now certified

B in chem....... few mark off A
B in maths .... few marks off A
C in bio.... ......few marks off B

i am now doing maths, chem and bio and a new college to repeat my 2nd year again AND i am predicted 3 A's.
do i put these new alevels as pending??
how do i add all this info on to ucas???
shall put my orginal A2's as pending?

PLEASE HELP !!!
Original post by cobra2k10
hi, i basically got my alevels and didnt do as expected due to mitigating circumstances after january 2011. I am now going to do my second year of college again at a different college and I'm wondering how to fill in the ucas form.

in AS i got (2010), These were certified!!

A Chem
A Maths
B Bio ............................ improved my AS to an A in the A2 year
D Physics .................... improved my AS to a C in A2 year
D Citizenship................ improved my AS to a C in A2 year

in A2 i got (2011): Also now certified

B in chem....... few mark off A
B in maths .... few marks off A
C in bio.... ......few marks off B

i am now doing maths, chem and bio and a new college to repeat my 2nd year again AND i am predicted 3 A's.
do i put these new alevels as pending??
how do i add all this info on to ucas???
shall put my orginal A2's as pending?

PLEASE HELP !!!

Now don't count on me for this because I don't even do A level's but from what I've seen on this thread you put down you're original A2 levels plus the AS's you didn't take on to A2. Then put your A2's down again as pending.
I may be finishing my Maths A2 in January under private exam entry (independent of teachers), so on UCAS should I put certification date as March or August..?
Does this include subjects like General Studies and Critical Thinking, taken on the side of four 'proper' AS levels?
Original post by KiwiIsland
Does this include subjects like General Studies and Critical Thinking, taken on the side of four 'proper' AS levels?

Do you think they come under the description "all qualifications"?
Original post by Good bloke
Do you think they come under the description "all qualifications"?

I only ask because I forgot to declare mine, and it didn't make a difference at all.
Reply 387
Original post by KiwiIsland
I only ask because I forgot to declare mine, and it didn't make a difference at all.
It will if it comes to light.

cobra2k10

You need to enter all your ASs (twice if they were recertificated after resits) and then all your original A level results, and then all your pending A level results. Just like it says in the first post of this thread, really.

You enter all ASs regardless of whether you carried then on to A2, assuming that the results were certificated.
Hmm... I've searched the thread, but have been unable to find an answer to this (nor are my teachers helping much), so help would be much appreciated :smile:

I've finished AS Additional Further Maths, which leaves me three modules to do in order to get the full A-level. However, I've decided to do four modules, partly for fun and partly to increase my chances of getting an A*. How do I enter this on UCAS? Do I put 7 modules all under GCE Advanced Level Further Maths (Additional)?

Thanks.
Hello, I retook my year 12 year due to extenuating circumstances.

My AS grades are now

Chemistry - B (2011)
Biology - B (2011)
Psychology - A (2011)
Geography - A (2011)
Critical Thinking - C (2011)
Religious Studies - C (2010)
Maths - U (2010)

Do I have to declare my maths grade - I got a U in each C1, C2 and M1. I wasn't sure, but as I was about to send off my UCAS it said I had to declare failed qualifications so I'm confused.
Please reply soon as I am hoping to send my UCAS off tonight.

Thanks!
Reply 390
What will happen if i fail to declare my E in Maths AS.....bearing in mind i already have achieved ABB in my A levels. Also i am applying for accounting and finance and an E will almost get me rejected.
Original post by Nana_A
What will happen if i fail to declare my E in Maths AS.....bearing in mind i already have achieved ABB in my A levels. Also i am applying for accounting and finance and an E will almost get me rejected.

You could lose any offers you receive. It isn't worth the risk.
**Entering grades on UCAS.

I'm deciding to resit a module in a subject I've already dropped to improve my AS grade in January. Obviously I would have submitted my UCAS form before I resit so do I put the grade as 'pending' or the grade that I received in June?

Also, would I put the qualification date as July 2011 or January 2012?
Original post by rubadubdub
**Entering grades on UCAS.

I'm deciding to resit a module in a subject I've already dropped to improve my AS grade in January. Obviously I would have submitted my UCAS form before I resit so do I put the grade as 'pending' or the grade that I received in June?

Also, would I put the qualification date as July 2011 or January 2012?

Both.
Reply 394
I'm resitting an AS maths module in January, will the qualification date be January 2012 or June 2012?
Both.

July 2011 or Jan 2012?
Original post by rubadubdub
July 2011 or Jan 2012?

When you are taking the re-sit.
I posted this in the main thread but noone replied to me :/

My AS grades are (I retook the year)

Chemistry - B (2011)
Biology - B (2011)
Psychology - A (2011)
Geography - A (2011)
Critical Thinking - C (2011)
Religious Studies - C (2010)
Maths - U (2010)

Do I have to declare my maths grade - I got a U in each C1, C2 and M1. I wasn't sure, but as I was about to send off my UCAS it said I had to declare failed qualifications so I'm confused. (I retook bio, chem and ct)
Please reply soon as I am hoping to send my UCAS off tonight.

Thanks!
X

I'm going to do private entry in Jan for my A2 maths, but have the certification date on my UCAS as 08/2012 as I'd complete the course in summer with my school. Should I change it, or does not it matter if I get my A level earlier?
Original post by snow leopard
does not it matter if I get my A level earlier?

Not that I'm aware, I'd leave it.

Latest

Trending

Trending