The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by maturestudy
Have you waiting to hear from all your choices or have you been to an interview yet? It took (seemingly) ages for me to hear back from one then they all got in touch within about a week. I have been lucky to get almost immediate responses after my interviews - was a bit worried that I might be hanging on until April :/ Anyway, I haven't decided yet but will probably need to make up my mind soon. Actually been really impressed with most of them so I don't know how I will decide lol

i applied on the 17th november, got declined from liverpool, leeds and derby all due to the course im doing at the min so i heard bk from them within weeks of applying, then not heard anything since i have sheffield and salford left and after ringing them both they both said the same that my application is with the course tutor now and should hear something within the next few weeks :frown: jst driving me mad i just keep hearing people say they have got an offer from the uni and i just feel its unfair if they havent even interviewed every1 yet :frown: xx
Hang on in there. As long as you haven't been rejected there is still hope. What course are you studying at the moment?
Reply 982
Im now looking at
Original post by darreng
Well just got back from a days experience at my local NHS hsopital. Had a great day and now 100% sure that it's what I want to do :-)

Got to meet the clinical lecturer first up who gave me some info on the degree course and then showed me round the various radiography departments.

Spent around 45 mins in each of the following departments:

- A&E X-Ray
- In-patients X-Ray
- CT
- MRI (got to find out just how strong the magnets are lol)
- Contrast and Fluoroscopy
- GP outpatients

Everyone was very welcoming and spent time explaining what they were doing and why. Also got to meet 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students so got to discuss the course etc with them.

Feel pretty exhausted after being on my feet all day lol.

Start my Access course next week so it's all falling into place now :-)

Where are you doing your access course at? Im looking at doing one in Barnet next year as I've been unsuccessful :frown:

Also, just a general thing, Im looking at applying for Therapeutic now because its less competitive. I know how different it is, but my main concern is that my personal statement is focused on Diagnostic, so what should I do?
Original post by justmike12345
Thanks, did you apply for diagnostic radiography or radiotherapy?

I applied for Diagnostic Radiography :smile:
Reply 984
im currently doing an access into health and nursing, ive just been declined from salford, i only have sheffield left now im gutted ill be honest, i want to go sheff anyways but the fact i dont even have a back up now i feel abit **** :frown: ive dont 9 3 hour shifts on all the different parts of the radiography department and i jst feel like im trying so hard to jst be declined :frown: xx
Reply 985
I had my SHU interview on Friday (10th), I think it went okay so fingers crossed :biggrin: LOVE the uni!
Reply 986
Original post by Mel27x
im currently doing an access into health and nursing, ive just been declined from salford, i only have sheffield left now im gutted ill be honest, i want to go sheff anyways but the fact i dont even have a back up now i feel abit **** :frown: ive dont 9 3 hour shifts on all the different parts of the radiography department and i jst feel like im trying so hard to jst be declined :frown: xx

At my SHU interview they said that they had already rejected a few before interviewing, so if you haven't heard anything take it as a positive.
Reply 987
when it comes to universities, no news really is good news, i know at hallam they keep interviewing into atleast March so dont worry about it
Reply 988
Original post by Mel27x

when it comes to universities, no news really is good news, i know at sheffield hallam they keep interviewing into atleast March so dont worry about it
Reply 989
thanks guys i just hope it means good news, im annoyed at been declined from salford so late on, i applied in mid november they have took their time they made me feel like id got a shot at an interview :frown: xx
Reply 990
Original post by FXX
Originally that was the plan, but they reversed the decision after the local authority wanted 60 places instead of 45.

If you want the student experience you need to go to Canterbury. I went to the Medway campus for my course and it's pretty dull there, though the placement hospitals in west Kent are nicer.

im too old for the student experience lol - so medway would suit me fine - its also 1/2hr less commute, which is a bonus, as i live about 2hrs drive away :eek:

B
Reply 991
Original post by lackjan
Im now looking at

Where are you doing your access course at? Im looking at doing one in Barnet next year as I've been unsuccessful :frown:

Also, just a general thing, Im looking at applying for Therapeutic now because its less competitive. I know how different it is, but my main concern is that my personal statement is focused on Diagnostic, so what should I do?

are you going to go through clearing for therapeutic? if so, then personal statement isnt really taken into consideration at that stage, its more based on grades and interview - however having an interest in radiography should make you stand out more than people who have totally changed track through clearing

if you already have A levels, then an Access Course is not going to give you any additional clout for trying again next year (unless you manage to get on an access to radiography course, which tend to favour their own). Find out why you have been unsuccessful this year and work on that. it could be you dont have enough people skills, so maybe working in a customer facing role for the next year, would be a better use of your time than additional study

im also contemplating therapeutic too should i not get any offers on diagnostic. Ive been in two minds since i first contemplated becoming a radiographer. my heart says therapeutic, but my mind says im such a wuss and emotional that i couldnt cope with the day to day of the job. but im also drawn to diagnostic because there are so many career paths you can take

i hate the way they run the Uni applications though, with offers being made to some and others left hanging for a good couple of months. Some people with conditional offers have already been able to choose their placements too, which for me is another stress as i really cant stay away from home, or commute more than a couple of hours each way long-term.

B
Reply 992
Yaaaay i got an interview from canterbury :smile: sooo happy :smile:
Reply 993
Hi peeps

does anyone here have some knowledge on defered entry please?
If you accept a place for sept 2012 can u postpone it to next year? or do u have to apply for 2013? also is defered entry for radiography even possible??

I wanted to get some views on here 1st before approaching unis.

Thanks
Reply 994
Original post by MiteshG
Hi peeps

If you accept a place for sept 2012 can u postpone it to next year? or do u have to apply for 2013? also is defered entry for radiography even possible??

Thanks

Hi, deferred entry is possible for radiography but i dont know if it depends on the university, i know at Sheffield hallam they told us at interview that referred entry was possible. Try emailing the admissions teams at the universities youve applied for
Reply 995
Original post by runie
Hi, deferred entry is possible for radiography but i dont know if it depends on the university, i know at Sheffield hallam they told us at interview that referred entry was possible. Try emailing the admissions teams at the universities youve applied for

Hi

Thanks for the info. Im not sure just yet what to do, i may want to defer but i thought it might be wise to actually secure a place before enquiring about it?
Reply 996
Hi, does anyone have an interview at cumbri 28th of march?
Reply 997
Anyone heard from Queen Margaret-Diagnostic radiography yet?
I'm so panicky and nervous because of how long they take, its horrible :frown:
Reply 998
Original post by MiteshG
Hi peeps

Thanks

on the face of it, all unis offer deferred entry, but whether in reality it is an option remains to be seen. most unis websites give details on deferred applications

However, most unis word their policy as such, that if you want to defer, your UCAS application should have stated this so it could be taken into consideration as part of the selection process, and that your gap year should be spent doing something worthwhile!

Ive yet to read anything that makes allowances for personal reasons tho, as my sister was supposed to start her midwifery training two years ago and wanted to defer, but they wouldnt let her and said she had to reapply. re-applied last year, and got turned down without interview by the same place that had accepted her the previous year, go figure

B
Reply 999
i have a interveiw at derby can anyone tell what the short wriiten tasks are or ehat questions they ask. im really nervous, please help!

thnx for any replies

Latest