The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by ickleme
oh wow 14th March were the last interviews, now I'm getting nervous :-)
I had my interview on 7th March so guess I don't have to wait as long as some but I hate waiting. when did you have urs?
Fingers crossed we'll all make it in.

Well I emailed the admissions tutor for the dates awhile ago coz I work so I would need to book it off so that was the last date I was told. Mine was on 22nd feb so ages ago! Yeah I hope we are lucky enough! Is it ur 1st choice?
Reply 1401
Hey guys.... Anyone received an offer for radiography from Canterbury Christ Church University????
Reply 1402
Anyone got offers from Teeside?
Reply 1403
Original post by vonny89
Well I emailed the admissions tutor for the dates awhile ago coz I work so I would need to book it off so that was the last date I was told. Mine was on 22nd feb so ages ago! Yeah I hope we are lucky enough! Is it ur 1st choice?

Yeh it's my first and only choice. I've applied for Liverpool as well as a back up but thinking about it now I will probably withdraw and reapply next year if I don't get Salford. I have kids so the commute to Liverpool will be tricky. Is it yours?
Original post by loumichelle
Hey, ive but Sheffield Hallam as my firm aswell! :smile: and ive also applied for Victoria Halls and Devonshire courtyard :tongue:

I'm set on kings chambers, Victoria halls im not sure ahh!! it's only £86 or something on kings chambers, how come Vic halls??? x
Reply 1405
Original post by miss-pink09
18 places in total??? :/

Funded places but they are hoping to get more.
Reply 1406
Original post by claramcdonnellx
I am wondering the same? i was thinking Opal 1? what do you think?

Yes I was thinking that but how far away is it? Do many 1st years stay there?
Reply 1407
Hi
I have my 4th interview on the 4th of April in Salford. What shall I expect? group? individual? test?. All of my last 3 have been quite different.
Reply 1408
Original post by ickleme
Yeh it's my first and only choice. I've applied for Liverpool as well as a back up but thinking about it now I will probably withdraw and reapply next year if I don't get Salford. I have kids so the commute to Liverpool will be tricky. Is it yours?

Salford must be doin more interviews coz I've noticed a few saying they have theirs in April, maybe they are inviting more to interviews? I'm not sure yet, I do live in manchester so it would be nice to go to salford but I do have an offer from Liverpool and Cumbria. It will be my second degree so I'm not bothered about the student life, I just want a career now! I've also applied to do a masters at teesside so if I get on that it would probably be better as it is only 2 years. So got a few options. Just hope I get on so I've got the choice! :smile:
Reply 1409
Original post by J3551CA
Hi
I have my 4th interview on the 4th of April in Salford. What shall I expect? group? individual? test?. All of my last 3 have been quite different.

Hi, all you have is a quick group interview and an individual interview. The process is very quick and is quite relaxed so I wouldn't worry too much. :smile:
Reply 1410
Anyone going to the Cardiff interview on wednesday? Also does anyone know what I should expect eg group tasks/interview
This may seem cruel to say, but I have to say it... Why bother asking what the interview has been like for others before you?
Those who had interviews first off the bat didn't have anyone to ask, and to be honest, you should be able to walk in there and deal with whatever the ask you right there and then. If you know why you picked that university and why you want to do this course, it should be a doddle. If you can't deal with the interview how will you deal with the course?
Ultimately just be yourself. Answer whatever they ask you honestly and truthfully to yourself and if they give you an offer, then so be it.
Reply 1412
Original post by faylove
Anyone got offers from Teeside?

I have! :smile: I got an unconditional offer. I'm gonna have to start looking into accommodation but I'll be 23 when I start so I'm not sure about living in halls for a second time :s-smilie:
Anyone else for Teesside?
Reply 1413
Original post by busted1
Anyone going to the Cardiff interview on wednesday? Also does anyone know what I should expect eg group tasks/interview

Mine was relaxed. Just a tour and an individual interview.
Reply 1414
Original post by Nicolab2108
This may seem cruel to say, but I have to say it... Why bother asking what the interview has been like for others before you?
Those who had interviews first off the bat didn't have anyone to ask, and to be honest, you should be able to walk in there and deal with whatever the ask you right there and then. If you know why you picked that university and why you want to do this course, it should be a doddle. If you can't deal with the interview how will you deal with the course?
Ultimately just be yourself. Answer whatever they ask you honestly and truthfully to yourself and if they give you an offer, then so be it.

Ultimately we have to deal with it regardless of advice but having experienced different types of interviews myself, it's nice to know what to expect. We are all in the same boat and it's nice to be able to help each other along. If I thought like that Id never help anyone with anything. When you go on interview days they always advise you to utilise the advice of current students by asking as many questions as possible. This is a similar situation, asking someone more experienced for advice. Maybe in the future you might ask a fellow student advice on something they've experienced before you. Someone isn't going to give a better interview because they knew the format.
Reply 1415
That's great .... Hopefully will be seeing u in september ... Did u like the uni though?...
Are people applying for accommodation ?! it totally forgot about all that bcos i was too focused on interviews etc.... lol D:

is accommodation first come first served? or does that depend on the uni?
Reply 1417
Original post by hello123450
Are people applying for accommodation ?! it totally forgot about all that bcos i was too focused on interviews etc.... lol D:

is accommodation first come first served? or does that depend on the uni?

Me too! :s-smilie: but yes I'd be applying for accommodation, I have a feeling it is first come first serve at most places which doesn't seem that fair as I haven't heard from all my choices yet :frown: and you can only apply when you've firmed a place hmm
Reply 1418
Original post by ellie32
Me too! :s-smilie: but yes I'd be applying for accommodation, I have a feeling it is first come first serve at most places which doesn't seem that fair as I haven't heard from all my choices yet :frown: and you can only apply when you've firmed a place hmm

It's only those with unconditional offers whom get allocated halls, usually in May; anyone with a conditional offer will be asked to choose their accommodation, but its not allocated until they meet their entry requirement, which usually involves confirmation of their exam results come August. Often the smaller halls get nabbed by older students who already have their results. If you're waiting for your results, it's best to consider larger halls as you will have greater chance of getting a place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1419
Original post by ecokid
It's only those with unconditional offers who get allocated halls, usually in May; anyone with a conditional offer will be asked to choose their accommodation, but its not allocated until they meet their entry requirement, which usually involves confirmation of their exam results come August. Often the smaller halls get nabbed by older students who already have their results. If you're waiting for your results, it's best to consider larger halls as you will have great chance of getting a place.

Ah thankyou for explaining that for me :smile:

Latest