The Student Room Group

bisexual gf

Been with my gf for a year or so. She is bi and I knew this before we started going out. She has only had one experience with a girl before and that was about 10 years ago, she has always said she would never date a girl but would like another experience some time. But she is perfectly happy in our relationship.

I haven't told my friends she is bi as I don't feel there is any need, and in some ways I feel it might devalue the relationship, as if I can't give her everything she wants. We are meeting up with my friends at the weekend and one of them is a lesbian, she has a new girlfriend (first one) who we have not met and she will be there when we all meet up. I've told my girlfriend they'll be there and I said that none of my friends know she is bi. She got really annoyed and said "so it's like some dirty secret is it?". I know she is going to be interested in finding out loads about my friend and her girlfriend but I really don't want this meet up to turn into a whole afternoon of talking about being a lesbian. I haven't seen these friends in ages but I feel the afternoon will be taken over by this, with my girlfriend showing more interest in chatting to them.

Am I thinking about this too much? My gf seems to think that my friends will find it really cool and be really jealous because I might someday get a threesome. But I am going out with her because I love her, I don't want to feel like she'd rather be elsewhere. I don't feel the need to blurt it out and tell my friends, and I'll be extremely annoyed if she does in front of them at the weekend.

Thoughts?
Reply 1
To be honest if she has told you she wants another experience with a girl then she doesnt sound like she wants to be with you long term. If that is the case then your love for her is being wasted.
Unless of course, you are one of those couples who can look at eachother the same after having a 3sum or swinging. Ive personally never understood how people can do that and stay 'in love', but different strokes...
Reply 2
oh i forgot to add she has said each time she mentions it that she wants me to be involved if she has an experience with another woman, which to most blokes would sound awesome. It's not something I actively want and I don't think it's amazing that my gf is bi at all. I just feel that while we're together there is no need to randomly tell everyone. It immediately gets viewed as something less serious.
Reply 3
Try it mate!

You don't think you want it until you're involved in the situation.

Get involved!
:dice:

:sogood:

Anyway, don't let your girl pressure you into having a threesome if you genuinely don't want to have one. (I personally think you're mad not to but oh well)
Reply 5
Want to swap?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending