The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by signalnoise
My application status went blank :eek:

Result incoming, most likely 18:17. GOOD LUCK!!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
My application status went blank :eek:

Best of luck!! :smile::smile:
Original post by Oromis263
Result incoming, most likely 18:17. GOOD LUCK!!!

Original post by star9005
Best of luck!! :smile::smile:

Came through just now, conditional AAA! :biggrin:
ECONOMICS UNCONDITIONAL.

Wait was totally justified.
still heard nothing for chemistry :frown:
last year i applied for a similar course at edinburgh, got an unconditional in december.
this year i still haven't heard anything, very worrying...
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
ECONOMICS UNCONDITIONAL.

Sorry but how many offers have you had so far? I see you on every thread saying you have an offer :redface:
Original post by Kost_119
Sorry but how many offers have you had so far? I see you on every thread saying you have an offer :redface:

3 Unconditionals and a conditional.
Came through just now, conditional AAA! :biggrin:

Score, that was for physics or...? :biggrin: You firming?
I just accepted my offer to Edinburgh! :biggrin: (Unconditional for English Literature! :smile:)
ECONOMICS UNCONDITIONAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ
Reply 2090
Original post by atomos
still heard nothing for chemistry :frown:
last year i applied for a similar course at edinburgh, got an unconditional in december.
this year i still haven't heard anything, very worrying...

I posted earlier. They have had technical problems so will be7 to10 days for offers to come out.
Original post by whylime
I posted earlier. They have had technical problems so will be7 to10 days for offers to come out.

yeah i saw, im just worried that they got back to me quickly last year and this year have kept me til march :colondollar:
Original post by atomos
yeah i saw, im just worried that they got back to me quickly last year and this year have kept me til march :colondollar:

It's obviously better to get an offer in March, than getting a rejection quite early.. so you might be in a good situation :wink:
Original post by star9005
It's obviously better to get an offer in March, than getting a rejection quite early.. so you might be in a good situation :wink:

hehe, true.

ah well, no news is good news :redface:
Reply 2094
ECONOMICS UNCONDITIONAL.

Have you already got your grades?
Original post by Shaz51
Have you already got your grades?

Aye.
Reply 2096
Can anybody elaborate on how to interpret the "We anticipate that the process should be complete for the majority of applicants in 7-10 days."
Does this mean that the period from the 7th to the 10th day is most likely? Or the period up to the seventh, and for some, up to the 10th day, meaning before the 7th day for most?

It's really important for me to know whether or not I get an offer and what it is before the 7th day of this month :s-smilie:
Original post by Oromis263
Score, that was for physics or...? :biggrin: You firming?

Yeah, straight Physics but I'm considering taking the maths modules for Theoretical Physics in the first year instead, and definitely,tempted to withdraw my application from UCL so I can just get it done, you?
Did you get an email about the open days or are we just supposed to have stumbled upon them?
Original post by pikchius
Can anybody elaborate on how to interpret the "We anticipate that the process should be complete for the majority of applicants in 7-10 days."
Does this mean that the period from the 7th to the 10th day is most likely? Or the period up to the seventh, and for some, up to the 10th day, meaning before the 7th day for most?

It's really important for me to know whether or not I get an offer and what it is before the 7th day of this month :s-smilie:

I would read that as: "The majority of applicants [who do not yet have a response] will have a response [at the latest] in 7 to 10 [working] days. [But not all of them]."
Original post by pikchius

Ask them your self :s-smilie: No one here could possibly give you an accurate answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending