The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by persov
yeah went at the end of March, was pretty good, weather was beautiful. Edinburgh is a lovely city.

What did you think of the department?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by star9005
Congrats!!! Are you from the UK btw? :smile:

I'm from Germany.

Original post by MiriamG
yay, you firmed Edinburgh!! great=)

I visited last week and it was great. Imperial may be higher in the rankings but I'm only 17 and I think London would be better for me when I'm older.
Original post by ellathecat
hey just want to say that it wasn't me that negged you, i really don't know why someone did :confused:
anyway i hope you get an answer soon, and that it's good news!:smile:

Haha no worries, to be honest I don't blame them looking at it again it does sound like I'm being a little insensitive. :colondollar:
What it was meant to say was I'm gutted for you (and anyone who gets rejected this late on) and the fact that you applied to history as well, I hope that doesn't mean a rejections heading my way.
Reply 3143
So this May 10th deadline... does it apply to International applicants?
Original post by jamlee
So this May 10th deadline... does it apply to International applicants?

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates

I think it applies to everyone:smile:
Original post by DenyLeGrand

it depends when you got your offers :smile: My Edinburgh offer only came through two weeks ago, and my UCAS Track has given me the 7th June deadline instead...
Reply 3146
Original post by FreyaAmy:)
it depends when you got your offers :smile: My Edinburgh offer only came through two weeks ago, and my UCAS Track has given me the 7th June deadline instead...

The May 10 deadline jamlee and DenyLeGrand were taking about concerns when universities have to give you a reply, while the June 7 deadline is when you need to respond to the universities' offers.
I've recieved an offer from the fashion design BA and also an offer from London College of Fashion womenswear BA and dont know which one to choose!! could someone please help me??
info on course, student life, inspiration, tutor time, parsons trip etc would be very greatly appreciated
thankyou
eliza x
Reply 3148
Original post by 1platinum
What did you think of the department?

yeah it was decent, friendly staff, good facilities etc. Most of the geology departments I've visited at different unis have been more or less the same really.
Reply 3149

Thank you :smile: The website helped a lot!
Reply 3150
Original post by MiriamG
The May 10 deadline jamlee and DenyLeGrand were taking about concerns when universities have to give you a reply, while the June 7 deadline is when you need to respond to the universities' offers.

Thank you for clarifying :smile:
Original post by jamlee
Thank you for clarifying :smile:

Original post by MiriamG

Just a quick clarification on this - if you received ALL of your offers BEFORE 31st March then you need to reply by 9th May.

The 7th June deadline only applies to people who received their final offer(s) in April or May.
Who else is going to study Politics there?
I have a Conditional Offer for Politics and Sociology
Hi, I've got an offer for chemistry! :smile:
I'm debating about missing the first year out if I get A*AA but I don't know what to do! I can save time, but I might lose out on the social side of uni.
I was wondering how the scottish education system worked (I'm 18 miles across the border in to cumbria). Will you have Highers or Advanced Highers by the time you go to uni? And what age are you? I'll be 19 in November.
Reply 3154
I'll be 17 when Uni starts, I don't think it matters what age you are.
Reply 3155
Well, Scottish education...(for me)

3rd&4th year
8 StandardGrades and Intermediate 2s(same thing)

Wide range of subjects, results allow you to take highers.

5th year
5Highers(Below A level)

My results here and ps got me an unconditional as edinburgh don't offer conditionals for chemistry

6th Year
2 Advanced Highers(Above A level) and an OU course

Probably not an advisable course of action... after my OU course had finished I only had two subjects :3 But 6th year is generaly not the most constructive year unless you have to work for conditions.

All gonna change with the Curiculum for excelence in a few years but nobody knows what that is :s-smilie:

And I'm 18.

Pardon my spelling.:s
(edited 12 years ago)
Got a rejection today for Economics. I hold an IB diploma of 39 points with 666 at HL from the May 2010 session. Unfortunately, I only had Mathematics SL, so that most likely was the problem. Anyway, I'm quite annoyed. Not so much because of the rejection but rather because this endless waiting process had persuaded me into a fair amount of wishful thinking that I would be very likely to receive an offer...

But I wasn't. Oh well. Glasgow it is, then.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I got an offer for Economics & Philosophy. Is it possible to change it to straight Economics if I won't like Philosophy?:smile:
I got an offer for Economics & Philosophy. Is it possible to change it to straight Economics if I won't like Philosophy?:smile:

Yes, it is. See this thread.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3159
I feel like Edinburgh has forgotten about my application...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending