The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I've been having "hassle" with that as well. It's a complete joke.
University of York
York
the student housing list hasn't come out yet tho, so hopefully that will give you more options
Reply 3
I live in a house which gets snapped up on the first viewing every single time (ie a nice house) and it isnt being viewed yet. The best houses will be on the housing list (due in Week 5 or this week i think) as the landlords know it is easy to get people that way and also its free. The other benefit is that they obey the uni code of conduct which has some good stuff in. So the only reason the 'good' houses have gone is because the rest of them arent out yet!
Where is your house? And how many people is it for?
Yep, don't worry about things yet. It is still too early to be worried about not finding somewhere. You could leave it until next term and you'd still be able to find somewhere (I wouldn't do that though as you'll be fairly limited with choice then).

The houses aren't all advertised at the same time. Some won't be advertised for a month or more yet and there will always be some houses available for several months as landlords find out the current tenants don't want to stay on at short notice or new houses are bought and put up for rent for the first time.
Try Sinclairs - they're in Heslington just up the road from t' Derry. Or their website. Got some pretty sweet houses.
Sinclair are gash on a stick. They belled me up a couple of days ago and offered viewings on four houses, three of which are pointlessly far away. Looking at one in Osbaldwick on Tuesday though, which isn't too bad location wise.
Tonight Matthew
Sinclair are gash on a stick. They belled me up a couple of days ago and offered viewings on four houses, three of which are pointlessly far away. Looking at one in Osbaldwick on Tuesday though, which isn't too bad location wise.

Well they're all on the website. There's one opposite T' Charles. They've got sh*tloads in Heslington itself. I suppose now you've come to Alcuin you've got a taste for nice rooms. :p:
I wonder why they have refused to offer viewings for some of the other 5 bedroom houses, particularly as we specifically requested 3 in particular. Jockeys.

And yes, Alcuin is boomting. It is definiately possible to survive without an ensuite, but having one is *****ing decent. Except the shower curtain being too bloody short.
Tonight Matthew
I wonder why they have refused to offer viewings for some of the other 5 bedroom houses, particularly as we specifically requested 3 in particular. Jockeys.

And yes, Alcuin is boomting. It is definiately possible to survive without an ensuite, but having one is *****ing decent. Except the shower curtain being too bloody short.

I hate the shower curtains - I've just taken mine off. One of my mates thought someone was in his shower when the shower curtain started clinging to his arse. He was disappointed when he found out.
Reply 11
whats the website for sinclairs?

i'm looking for a 5 bedroom house too...RACE YA.
Sinclair-properties.com/co.uk not sure.

Either way, type it into google and you'll find it.

Badger Hill here we come.
Reply 13
thanking you.

i tried typing it into google and a load of nonsense came up. perhaps i spelt it wrong.
That's alright. Good luck.
Reply 15
thanks. i looked on the website. some interesting properties there! Some of the places i liked the look of were in Badger Hill....we could be neighbours..it'll be like ramsay street. have u got a house then? is it nice?
Does the Uni list have many seven bedrooms on do you know?
Reply 17
When i looked in the first week of the housing list (which was in week 1 in my day!) there were 2 seven bedroom houses, i now live in one of those but it will be vacant next year!
sophieD
thanks. i looked on the website. some interesting properties there! Some of the places i liked the look of were in Badger Hill....we could be neighbours..it'll be like ramsay street. have u got a house then? is it nice?

We got a very nice house. 4 bedrooms.

£65 a week.
sophieD
Badger Hill is a nice place to live. I lived out there a couple of years back....on Sussex Road, the street nearest to uni.

There might be three (one guy staying on) or four rooms (all empty) in the house I'm in now available next year too.....let me know if you're looking for somewhere like that and I'll pass on an email address or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending