The Student Room Group

Should I add him on facebook?

Today I by coincidence saw an acquaintance (from 2 years ago when I studied abroad) when walking out of a building and he entering it. We were in the same class for a semester but never really talked properly, our friend groups were different. It was just quite surreal seeing someone you know from halfway across the world in your hometown without warning! Our eyes met but I wasn't sure if he recognised me or not so I didn't approach, as I was with other people at the time too. Right now I'm debating whether or not to add him on facebook and just be like hey i think we saw eachother today or something, just to be friendly as he's obviously visiting the country. Is this normal?? Or is it totally unnecessary and a bit creepy seeing as he was just an acquaintance? We have 8 friends in common but we've only talked like once very briefly in the past. Thanks guys!
being my think things through,im gunna say NO!!!!!!!!!!
DELETE FACEBOOK NOW

however try saying hi and getting a number like a human being :smile:
and smile
Reply 2
Original post by britishgoose01
being my think things through,im gunna say NO!!!!!!!!!!
DELETE FACEBOOK NOW

however try saying hi and getting a number like a human being :smile:
and smile

I won't see him again though, the only way of possible contact is through facebook...
Original post by juede
I won't see him again though, the only way of possible contact is through facebook...

Add him on Facebook and then ask for his number then. Don't keep it a Facebook relationship. People quickly loose interest with the whole thing because it's lame.
Reply 4
This is something I would totally do so I'm going to say yes, you should totally do that.. haha.
You have like 8 friends in common so it is not that creepy, plus you've spoken to him briefly in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending