The Student Room Group

Why is my friend a different person in text messages?

I have a friend who I kind of like but she is very 'switched off' what I mean is there is no spark with her. She doesnt speak much and its always been the same most of her life she has been a loner and very private. She doesnt go out to parties etc and still lives with parents. Its weird though because I'l say hi and stuff in real life and she will quietly say hi back but then look away and show no interest in talking to me. Yet in her text messages she appears totally normal and bubbly:s-smilie: She will joke with me in texts (which she never does in real life) and even ask how I am. Its like she is a different person through text message. What does this mean does she just prefere texts rather than speaking?
Reply 1
shyness
Reply 2
Original post by busylizzie
shyness

/thread

The more you get to know her, the more like her texts she will become.
Original post by Ciaran88
/thread

This is exactly right! Im really shy and will say little or nothing to people i dont feel comfortable around yet. For about a year i liked this guy and i could tell he liked me too but it was just like a mental block i couldnt speak 2 him but we exchanged msn And on there i was me its so much easier and more comfortable then face 2 face.
Anyway we started going out a year ago and slowly i opened up and now im just as bubbly and jokey with him as i was on msn!
Reply 4
Original post by Ciaran88
/thread

Ive known her for 6 years.
Original post by Anonymous
Ive known her for 6 years.

fail
ppl on here,some will be super none talkers but on here will talk to every1.....same goes with txting
Reply 7
I guess she just feels more comfortable when she's not in a face to face situation. Shyness, like people have already said. Not much you can do really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending