Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo,

So, as per the title, my predicted grades for A2 are ABBa - Psychology, French, Biology and Economics AS respectively. My AS results were BBC and mainly due to my own lack of focus, if I'm being honest, but now I have my priorities straight. I am retaking my AS modules and am doing really very well and I believe I can even surpass my predicted grades.

Basically, I'm just having difficulty finalising my uni options. Preferably, the course would be business with a major focus on global economies, preferably E.Asia, but I realise that I can't be too choosy, what with my grades, so I've looked around for similar courses that interest me.

So far, the appealing courses and unis are:

Cardiff - Business Studies and Japanese ABB-BBB
    Dundee - International Business ABB/BCC
    Durham - Business and Management ABB
    Kent - International Business with a Year Abroad ABB
    Loughborough - International Business AAB
    SOAS - International Management (China[OR Japan])(Year Abroad) AAB

I just wanted views on whether I am being too optimistic, whether you guys might give your views on which courses and unis to eliminate and even if you could suggest other courses.

Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    No-one? Anyone?

:/

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am not going to pretend to offer advice as I am in Y12- I'm just interested why you didn't keep economics which is more related than any of the others

ReputationRep:
    They look fine. Depending on whether or not you opt for first or second-year entry at Dundee, maybe I'd pick a uni with slightly lower requirements than ABB (maybe BBB or ABC) just in case. I'm in a similar position to you. I got AAD at AS, and I'm predicted ABB this year. The unis I've applied for ask for AAB, AAB-ABB, ABB, ABB and BBB. So yeah, you've made good choices in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! Seems like good choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam6993)
    They look fine. Depending on whether or not you opt for first or second-year entry at Dundee, maybe I'd pick a uni with slightly lower requirements than ABB (maybe BBB or ABC) just in case. I'm in a similar position to you. I got AAD at AS, and I'm predicted ABB this year. The unis I've applied for ask for AAB, AAB-ABB, ABB, ABB and BBB. So yeah, you've made good choices in my opinion.

Yeah, I decided to drop Dundee and apply for Hull (BBB) as my safe instead.

Good luck with your choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    Hello

I am not going to pretend to offer advice as I am in Y12- I'm just interested why you didn't keep economics which is more related than any of the others
    I had trouble deciding between business and economics at first but I ended up choosing business because the concept of econometrics scares the crap out of me :L

Also, I thought business, with my grasp of languages, would be a more versatile degree?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, everyone, for the reassuring replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunlim)
    I had trouble deciding between business and economics at first but I ended up choosing business because the concept of econometrics scares the crap out of me :L

Also, I thought business, with my grasp of languages, would be a more versatile degree?
    Oh no, I was looking more at the A Level choices- I just though Economics is the most businessy-

Although you don't have ti justify yourself to me, I'm just annoying :lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 30, 2011

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.