The Student Room Group

Predicted ABB - help with Business options

Helloooo,

So, as per the title, my predicted grades for A2 are ABBa - Psychology, French, Biology and Economics AS respectively. My AS results were BBC and mainly due to my own lack of focus, if I'm being honest, but now I have my priorities straight. I am retaking my AS modules and am doing really very well and I believe I can even surpass my predicted grades.

Basically, I'm just having difficulty finalising my uni options. Preferably, the course would be business with a major focus on global economies, preferably E.Asia, but I realise that I can't be too choosy, what with my grades, so I've looked around for similar courses that interest me.

So far, the appealing courses and unis are:

Cardiff - Business Studies and Japanese ABB-BBB
Dundee - International Business ABB/BCC
Durham - Business and Management ABB
Kent - International Business with a Year Abroad ABB
Loughborough - International Business AAB
SOAS - International Management (China[OR Japan])(Year Abroad) AAB

I just wanted views on whether I am being too optimistic, whether you guys might give your views on which courses and unis to eliminate and even if you could suggest other courses.

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 1
No-one? Anyone?

:/
Hello :smile:

I am not going to pretend to offer advice as I am in Y12- I'm just interested why you didn't keep economics which is more related than any of the others
Reply 3
They look fine. Depending on whether or not you opt for first or second-year entry at Dundee, maybe I'd pick a uni with slightly lower requirements than ABB (maybe BBB or ABC) just in case. I'm in a similar position to you. I got AAD at AS, and I'm predicted ABB this year. The unis I've applied for ask for AAB, AAB-ABB, ABB, ABB and BBB. So yeah, you've made good choices in my opinion. :smile:
Go for it! Seems like good choices! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Liam6993
They look fine. Depending on whether or not you opt for first or second-year entry at Dundee, maybe I'd pick a uni with slightly lower requirements than ABB (maybe BBB or ABC) just in case. I'm in a similar position to you. I got AAD at AS, and I'm predicted ABB this year. The unis I've applied for ask for AAB, AAB-ABB, ABB, ABB and BBB. So yeah, you've made good choices in my opinion. :smile:

Yeah, I decided to drop Dundee and apply for Hull (BBB) as my safe instead.

Good luck with your choices!
Reply 6
Original post by AspiringGenius
Hello :smile:

I am not going to pretend to offer advice as I am in Y12- I'm just interested why you didn't keep economics which is more related than any of the others

I had trouble deciding between business and economics at first but I ended up choosing business because the concept of econometrics scares the crap out of me :L

Also, I thought business, with my grasp of languages, would be a more versatile degree?
Reply 7
Thank you, everyone, for the reassuring replies :smile:
Original post by Sunlim
I had trouble deciding between business and economics at first but I ended up choosing business because the concept of econometrics scares the crap out of me :L

Also, I thought business, with my grasp of languages, would be a more versatile degree?

Oh no, I was looking more at the A Level choices- I just though Economics is the most businessy-

Although you don't have ti justify yourself to me, I'm just annoying :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending