The Student Room Group

Where is the best place to eat/drink for my 18th Birthday??

It's my 18th in 2 weeks, in London, about 20 people coming...want a good, fun, atmosphere, not too pricey and somewhere that do amazing drinks and won't ID the few 17year olds that'll be there!
Reply 1
Most people will ID, BUT they are allowed one drink.... but if most of you have ID, they might not even ask
Original post by n.latham
Most people will ID, BUT they are allowed one drink.... but if most of you have ID, they might not even ask

Only if someone else over 18 buys them the drink though.
I thought Nandos until you said the bit about amazing drinks.... erm TGI Fridays? The oreo cocktail is amazing :P
Reply 4
Original post by Rascacielos
Only if someone else over 18 buys them the drink though.

Over 21 I believe. Most nightlife places won't even allow entry of underagers, some restaurants and pubs will be ok for it but you'll never get 17 year olds in clubs/ bars.

I'd say stick to a restaurant mate, then the 18 year olds can split off for nightlife.
Original post by Megaross
Over 21 I believe.

I'll take your word for it. I just know you have to be with an "adult" but the government seems to have strange definitions for the word "adult" these days. :tongue:
Original post by Rascacielos
I'll take your word for it. I just know you have to be with an "adult" but the government seems to have strange definitions for the word "adult" these days. :tongue:

As do the censors at Ofcom!
Reply 7
Okay, well I get that most bars will ID, but what about resturants that serve drinks? I'm pretty sure you're allowed with a meal, there are about ten 18 year olds and twenty 17 years old coming lol, none of them look particularly young. i think my real question should be: where can I eat that lets me book a table for 25? haha :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by darthgirlie
I thought Nandos until you said the bit about amazing drinks.... erm TGI Fridays? The oreo cocktail is amazing :P

and i love nandos, but i go there ALL the time and also went for my 16th and 17th...wearing thin. is tgis really a spot for an 18th? only been there once, food's nice though. want a place where we wouldn't look stupid a bit dressed up (because one thing's for sure...the over 18s are going out afterwards!)
I'm not sure about drinks but Tinsel Town has a party-ish atmosphere, and they do birthdays well :party:
Original post by dulciemae
and i love nandos, but i go there ALL the time and also went for my 16th and 17th...wearing thin. is tgis really a spot for an 18th? only been there once, food's nice though. want a place where we wouldn't look stupid a bit dressed up (because one thing's for sure...the over 18s are going out afterwards!)

I went to TGI fridays for my 18th and it was awesome, i dont think you'll look to out of place dressed up if you go at 8pm when its dark and theres alot of you.
Chiquitos? They do a good range of cocktails, sometimes ID though.
I'd say pick a restaurant and then for drinks, obviously there's the choice of having drinks at the restaurant, you could always go out with the over 18s afterwards? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Jennie027

Original post by Jennie027
I'd say pick a restaurant and then for drinks, obviously there's the choice of having drinks at the restaurant, you could always go out with the over 18s afterwards? :smile:

yeah, makes sense :smile: might as well see if they do though
Original post by dulciemae
yeah, makes sense :smile: might as well see if they do though

Yeah :smile: Have a nice birthday!

Quick Reply

Latest