The Student Room Group

Proof of volunteering

Hi!

I've just applied to two positions of volunteering and I wonder, how can we prove we've done volunteering? Does the instituion we volunteer in give us some sort of written proof?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Get a letter written from them with a signature saying how long you have done and what you have done. You might have to ask though, but I would think they would give you one if you ask nicely.
Original post by jmfc
Hi!

I've just applied to two positions of volunteering and I wonder, how can we prove we've done volunteering? Does the instituion we volunteer in give us some sort of written proof?

Thanks.

As the user stated below, try asking the organisation you worked with for a reference preferably from someone high up e.g. if in a hospice then ask the matron to do it.

Also if you've done programmes likke v-Inspired then you could use the certificates from that as proof as well. If you haven't siggned up to V-Inspired google it and register. I'm just about finish my 100 hour award which is the highest award you can get although they will soon be launching an accredited award which is the equivalents of a GCSE grade B. The v-inspired awards do look good on the ol' CV so I do recommend it. And besides it's free!
Reply 3
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
As the user stated below, try asking the organisation you worked with for a reference preferably from someone high up e.g. if in a hospice then ask the matron to do it.

Also if you've done programmes likke v-Inspired then you could use the certificates from that as proof as well. If you haven't siggned up to V-Inspired google it and register. I'm just about finish my 100 hour award which is the highest award you can get although they will soon be launching an accredited award which is the equivalents of a GCSE grade B. The v-inspired awards do look good on the ol' CV so I do recommend it. And besides it's free!

Well, I haven't started yet but hopefully I'll get a place either as a home visitor for people with impared vision or as a buddy for children with learning difficulties. :smile:

I've just visited V-inspired website, but I'm over 25. :frown:

Thanks.
Original post by jmfc
Well, I haven't started yet but hopefully I'll get a place either as a home visitor for people with impared vision or as a buddy for children with learning difficulties. :smile:

I've just visited V-inspired website, but I'm over 25. :frown:

Thanks.

How much over 25 are you? I think if you started a project before you turned 26 you have a calendar year in which to complete the project and get the award..
Reply 5
How much over 25 are you? I think if you started a project before you turned 26 you have a calendar year in which to complete the project and get the award..

I am 27. Since June! :s-smilie:
Original post by jmfc
I am 27. Since June! :s-smilie:

Ah ok. So yeah unfortunately you've missed the deadline but keep doing the vol work as it still looks good on the CV. Make a log of the stuff you do and be able to reflect on it for interviews etc.
Reply 7
Ah ok. So yeah unfortunately you've missed the deadline but keep doing the vol work as it still looks good on the CV. Make a log of the stuff you do and be able to reflect on it for interviews etc.

Sure. :smile: And I guess it's very important to the PS as well. I'm determined to get the more experience I can. :smile:

That's unfair, though. :s-smilie:

PS- The wonderful part of volunteering is the feeling of making a difference in people's lives. Despite de experience we all want to get, in order to have better chances in uni and future jobs, there's something more. It's priceless. I really hope I'll be offered an oportunity to do at least one of the roles I've applied to. ; )
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by jmfc
Hi!

Thanks.

When I started volunteering back in 2003, I got a few certificates from the CVS (Council for voluntary service), check if there is a local organisation which deals with voluntary work as they are likely to provide accreditation.

Through CVS I got my 100 hours certificate (my place of voluntary work had to sign my time sheets as proof), an NOCN accredited volunteers certificate and an ASDAN community volunteering certificate.

Later on I did my 200 hours Millennium Volunteers certificate, I don't know if that scheme is still running or not but it was National I believe.

Some voluntary organisations will provide their own training and certification.
Reply 9
:smile:
Original post by advent2
When I started volunteering back in 2003, I got a few certificates from the CVS (Council for voluntary service), check if there is a local organisation which deals with voluntary work as they are likely to provide accreditation.

Through CVS I got my 100 hours certificate (my place of voluntary work had to sign my time sheets as proof), an NOCN accredited volunteers certificate and an ASDAN community volunteering certificate.

Later on I did my 200 hours Millennium Volunteers certificate, I don't know if that scheme is still running or not but it was National I believe.

Some voluntary organisations will provide their own training and certification.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by jmfc
:smile:

Thanks. :smile:

Thanks everyone, who supported my dear friend :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by RainPours
Thanks everyone, who supported my dear friend :smile:

How charming! :wink::biggrin::tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest