The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What happens when you cut your lips?...
i have a similar problem to the canadian. im on a jewellry design course and im allways cutting myself with saws or files. thing is i then invariably manage to dunk the cut in acid/flux (v painful). that germoline newskin stuff is gr8 but if it isnt to hand then superglue>masking tape>plasters. plasters leak and dont stay on proply when ure filing. (not to mention the fact they absorb acid and keep it next to your skin *ouch* or they fall apart due to the acid eating them)
Reply 42
Jonatan
Yes, nice logic there. By that reasoning it is perfectly logical to run across the street without looking first because everything is dangerous anyway.

How hard can it be to understand? Unless the glue is explicitly marketed for use on human skin, you can be pretty damn certain it will contain stuff that you don't want into your bloodstream.

people smoke, even though it's full of ****, they still put all that inside them!

people drink alcohol, even though it's just poisen, that can **** you up

people drive, even though you could be killed instantly just driving to the shops

who really cares.
Reply 43
there's also this "clear bandage" stuff... forget what brand, that works quite well
I don't know if it was actually superglue, but when I was younger I cut my knee on a milk bottle and I had to have the skin glued together by a nurse...
Reply 45
as someone else said earlier... why not wear thin gloves, even ones with some grip on them. that way you wouldn't need so much superglue. and i don't know anything about superglue but the fact that it doesn't say 'use this on flesh wounds' on any superglue tubes that i've seen suggests that it's probably not the best idea in the world, particularly if the cuts are only minor and can therefore be treated with normal bandages/plasters.
Reply 46
:confused: Would you not just end up gluing yourself to other parts of yourself? I'd end up gluing my fingers together...

If it was safe for gluing cuts together.. wouldn't someone have tried marketing it...?
buttons7
as someone else said earlier... why not wear thin gloves, even ones with some grip on them. that way you wouldn't need so much superglue. and i don't know anything about superglue but the fact that it doesn't say 'use this on flesh wounds' on any superglue tubes that i've seen suggests that it's probably not the best idea in the world, particularly if the cuts are only minor and can therefore be treated with normal bandages/plasters.

If you go for thin gloves, the edges will just cut through! Was teaching a lesson yesterday, and one of the guys was wearing thin gloves, he went down and the gloves got shredded. You have to wear proper gloves with a special material on the palm and fingers otherwise they'll be gone in seconds.

high priestess fnord
i have a similar problem to the canadian. im on a jewellry design course and im allways cutting myself with saws or files. thing is i then invariably manage to dunk the cut in acid/flux (v painful). that germoline newskin stuff is gr8 but if it isnt to hand then superglue>masking tape>plasters. plasters leak and dont stay on proply when ure filing. (not to mention the fact they absorb acid and keep it next to your skin *ouch* or they fall apart due to the acid eating them)

Ah, yes, the joys of masking tape :biggrin: I stopped using that one a while ago when I cut down my arm and had a race in a couple of minutes, and after the race a mate came along and pulled it off quickly! Hurt like hell, but not as much as the knee to his gut hurt :p:
Hi I'm not to sure what 'superglue' your using. My Guitar teacher uses a glue paste (don't think its super glue) over his fingers if he has a cut as sometimes in concerts he has to pay at over 180 beats per minute.( My Top speed is less than 129) anyway, If I would you I would check because the paste he uses dries very quickly and comes off really quickly when put under water and it seems safe. If yours is thicker I would say forget it mate.

Better safe than sorry!!

Latest

Trending

Trending