The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Used tea bags! Works wonders.
Original post by ALazyThracian
Used tea bags! Works wonders.

normal tea bags?
ive heard of green tea but i dont know if it would actually work...
cucumber slices
Gouge out your eyes with a fork
Reply 6
Benefit: 'It's potent'

Works a treat <3
Reply 7
Have a good sleeping pattern and drink plenty of water.
I did try out Clinique's "all about eyes" but I don't think it's worth a go.
I also tried these under-eye masks from HK.. they were a Japanese brand and the first time I tried them, it was so good- but then it didn't work as effectively... (although I use them on and off, randomly) so I think it's best to improve your sleeping pattern!
Reply 8
I say keep them. Makes you look like a deep thinker: mysterious, intriguing
I also have the same problem, no amount of sleep can ever get rid of them, they're just always there.

So I've learnt to mask them rather than eradicate them.
Erase Paste by Benefit is my best friend, no lie.
Pretty expensive, but so worth it, lasts a good few months at least.

http://www.boots.com/en/benefit-erase-paste-concealer-highlighter_125375/
Reply 10
It's a myth that dark shadows are caused by lack of sleep - some people are paler when they're sleep deprived and the contrast can make the shadows more obvious, but not sleeping does not make dark circles appear. They tend to be the result of thin skin under the eyes and/ or weak capillaries which burst, so it can e a genetic thing.

I use a small amount of garnier roll-on concealer ( the one with the caffeine). If you want a better result, combine it with a small amount of highlighter concealer, two of the best are Touche Eclat and Estee Lauder Highlighter concealer but they're pretty expensive.
I have a eye mask you put in the fridge and it has gel insider it, when i remember to use it I notice my dark circles are smaller in the morning. I got it in New Look and I think you can get them everywhere, it only cost me about a pound as well.
And it says 'Puffy the eye bag slayer' on it which I think is kind of cool :tongue:
Reply 12
Sleep? My sister uses MAC concealer.
Stand next to a panda. Wont look as bad
Reply 14
I have hereditary dark circles too and I've found a little routine which works for me. I've tried both high end and cheaper brands and this is what I've found that works:

- Barbara Daly concealer (I apply this first, it's very thick and works as a nice base, available in Tescos and around £4)
- Dirty Works 'Bye Bye Dark Circles' concealer, this has both a peachy and more 'skin colour' colours and they work really well at brightening the eye area and concealing purple and blue circles.
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer: this is like £4 from Boots and it's the best concealer I've tried (I've tried Clinque, Benefit, YSL) I REALLY recommend it.
I've heard that putting teabags on them helps, just make sure they've cooled down first :P
Reply 16
Original post by LeaX
I have hereditary dark circles too and I've found a little routine which works for me. I've tried both high end and cheaper brands and this is what I've found that works:

- Barbara Daly concealer (I apply this first, it's very thick and works as a nice base, available in Tescos and around £4)
- Dirty Works 'Bye Bye Dark Circles' concealer, this has both a peachy and more 'skin colour' colours and they work really well at brightening the eye area and concealing purple and blue circles.
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer: this is like £4 from Boots and it's the best concealer I've tried (I've tried Clinque, Benefit, YSL) I REALLY recommend it.

Where's the Dirty Works concealer from? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Mega Nerd
Where's the Dirty Works concealer from? :smile:

Whoops, sorry I meant to put that. It's from Sainsburys. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by LeaX
Whoops, sorry I meant to put that. It's from Sainsburys. :smile:

Never thought to look for make-up in there, haha! I might have to try it out, I've got quite dark circles and no concealer I have tried has managed to cover them up! The C200 concealer is supposed to be really good, so I'll have to try all of these that you've said!

:smile:
This may help you, it's worth a try anyway :h: [video="youtube;cVZ7Oz8uF_U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVZ7Oz8uF_U[/video]

Latest